ISI Admission Test(PGDCA) Exam Pattern
- Total Marks- 120
- Total Questions-30
- Total Duration- 2 hour
- Marking System –
- 4 marks are allotted for a correct answer.
- 1 marks for incorrect answer
- 0 mark for a unattempted question.
How to prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering a maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
- Applicants are advised to study the prospectus carefully and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for admission to the course/fellowship for which they are applying.
- If at any stage it is found that a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility conditions or the information furnished in the application is incorrect, the application will be canceled.
- Those who have completed or are due to complete the qualifying examinations for which results are not yet published may also apply for admission; if selected, their admission to a course or fellowship will be provisional pending the announcement of results.
- In such cases, however, their applications will be canceled if the final examinations are not completed before 01 July 2016.
- This date may be relaxed by the Institute in the case of candidates with outstanding academic record and performance in the selection tests and interviews.