May 01, 2016
Jun 01, 2016
Jun 27, 2016
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper | Exam Duration : 2.0 Hr
|Part A- Objective type questions on authors, books, the current literary scene in India and abroad.||45 Minutes||40||40|
|Part B - Unseen passage for comprehension||20 Minutes||20||20|
|Part B - Grammar and vocabulary||10 Minutes||10||10|
|Part B - Essay||30 Minutes||30||-|
- Test Duration- 105 min.
- Total Marks- 100
- Total Questions- Part A- 40
- Marking System–
- 1 mark each for the correct answer.
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) 2016 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in JMI - B.A.(Hons)(English)?
Senior Sec. School Certificate or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned.
2) What will be the pattern of the entrance exam?
The written exam will consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
3) From where can one get the previous question paper the B.A. Honours (English) course?
The previous years’ question papers are posted on the website of Jamia Millia Islamia.
4) Will there be negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking. Each correct answer will be awarded + 1 marks whereas for No marks will be deducted for an unattempted question.
5) Will my admission depend upon my percentage at 10+2 level / 12th /Senior Secondary level?
Your admission to the B.A. Honours (English) course will solely depend upon your merit in entrance test examination.
6) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc.?
Yes, Examination Centre will provide. But no electronic devices are allowed in Examination Hall/Room.