May 01, 2016
Nov 13, 2016
Nov 30, 2016
JMIEE - B.E. 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper |
- JMIEE is a pen and paper based test.
- There are Objective/Multiple Choice questions in the JMIEE B.E entrance test.
- There will be total 170 marks having 130 marks for MCQ's and 40 marks based on Professional Experience.
- The total duration for the test is 180 min(3 Hours).
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions.
JMIEE - B.E. Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What is the eligibility criteria for Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-B.E.?
- Three/four year Diploma Course in respective or relevant branch from recognized Polytechnic or Technical Institute with at least two years professional experience after passing Diploma in respective or relevant branch.
- However, for B.E. (Computer Engineering), three/four year Diploma either in Computer Engineering or in Electronics & Communication Engineering or in relevant branch is required together with at least two years Professional Experience after Diploma.
- Diploma holders from University Polytechnic, J.M.I securing 70% marks or more are also eligible to appear in the Entrance Test without Professional Experience.
- The experience shall be reckoned from the date of declaration of result/date of issue of mark-sheet of qualifying examination or the date of beginning of professional engagement (whichever is later) till the last date of submission of Application Form.
- Documentary evidence of declaration of result is required at the time of admission.
2) What is Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMIEE)-B.E. ?
The (JMIEE)-B.E paper consists of 170 marks. The paper consists of 2 parts as follows:
- Part-A [Objective/multiple choice questions(theory)] (Physics,Chemistry & Mathematics)
- Part-B Professional experience.
3) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
4) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
5) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
6) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for JMI(B.E)?
Candidates can write JMI (B.E) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program. They will not be eligible for any other first degree program of institute.
7) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for JMI (B.E)-2017?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for JMI (B.E) .
8) I had appeared in JMI (B.E)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in JMI (B.E)-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for JMI (B.E)-2017.
9) How am I Eligible for admission to B.E. programmes after 12th?
The B.E. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
10) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Jamia Millia Islamia (B.E)?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.