Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-L.L.M. Exam Pattern
Total Marks - 200
Total Questions - 200
Test Duration- 150 min.
Marking System – There is negative Marking.
|No. Of Subject||9|
|No. Of Unit||52|
|No. Of Chapter||52|
- Prospectus — Members — Shareholder
- Modes of winding up of companies
- Definition and attributes of Company
- Director, Manager and Secretary
- Promoters and Registration
- Definition, Nature, Scope and Importance of International Law
- International Organizations
- Position of Individual in International Law
- The Legal Regime of the Seas
- State Recognition
- Meaning and Definition of Jurisprudence
- Nature of Obligation
- Definition and kinds of Ownership
- Nature of personality
- Sources of Law
- General exceptions
- Concept of crime
- Offences by or relating to public servants
- Offences affecting human body (offences affecting human life) Culpable Homicide and Murder
- Offences affecting the public health
- Capacity of the parties
- Indemnity and Guarante
- Contract of Partnership
- Quasi Contract
- Property - Possession and Rules relating to passing of property
- Contract of Agency
- Discharge of Contracts
- Specific Relief
- Definition and essentials of a valid Contract
- Marriage - Definition
- Concept of Adoption
- Waqf _ Definition - Essentials of Waqf
- Matrimonial Remedies under the Hindu Marriage Act
- Divorce - Classification of divorce
- Succession – Intestate succession
- Sources of Hindu Law
- Origin and development of Muslim Law
- The law relating to the preservation, conservation and protection of forests
- Common Law remedies against pollution
- The Constitution of India
- The meaning and definition of environment
- International Environmental Regime
- Rights against Exploitation
- Nature and Salient Features of Indian Constitution
- Constitutional -Meaning and Significance
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Right to Equality and Freedoms or Restrictions
- Common Law and the Consumer
- Defamation - Negligence
- General Defenses to an action in Torts
- Malicious Prosecution
- Nature of Law of Torts
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of Law exams. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
All fees are payable in single installment at the time of admission on or before the notified date. Dollars in the form of currency note/ cheque are not acceptable. Security Deposit shall be deposited in cash with the Cashier in the Accounts Office, JMI.