Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-M.A./M.Sc.(Geography) Exam Pattern
- Test Duration- 105 min.
- Total Marks- 100
- Total Questions- 100
- Marking System– 1 mark each for the correct answer. There are 0.25 mark for the wrong answer.
|No. Of Subject||2|
|No. Of Unit||8|
|No. Of Chapter||46|
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Maxima and Minima
- Mean value theorem
- Vector algebra
- Matrix Algebra
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Rank of a matrix
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Random Variables
- Binomial Distributions
- Mean, Median, Mode
- Conditional Probability
- Bayes Theorem
- Propositional and first order logic
- Sets, relations, functions
- Partial orders and lattices
- Role of social worker and NGO’s in development
- public participation in developmental framework
- Awareness programme on policies counseling
- Rational emotive therapy
- Rural and urban community developments/micro credit/micro finance\SHGs
- Behavior modification therapy
- Agglomeration economics
- External and urbanization economics
- Economic base of cities
- Indian national economy
- Environmental economics
- Geography of India
- Land economics and industrialization policy
- Social institution
- Social roles
- Social change and its relevance to economic
- Social problems of developed and developing countries
- Impact of IT industry on society and development
- Impact of urbanization on society and rural development
- Geography-rank-size relationship
- Urban environment
- Physical and social regional delimitation
- Central place theory
- Urbanization in India and Tamilnadu
- Globalization and economics reforms and competitiveness
- Regional development planning in India
- Relationship and concept
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
All fees are payable in single installment at the time of admission on or before the notified date. Dollars in the form of currency note/ cheque are not acceptable. Security Deposit shall be deposited in cash with the Cashier in the Accounts Office, JMI.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place