May 09, 2016
Jun 09, 2016
Jun 29, 2016
JMIEE M.Tech 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper | Exam Duration : 2.0 Hr
|Based on Respective discipline of B.Tech||120 Minutes||85||85|
- Test Duration– 2 Hours
- Total Marks- 85
- Total Questions- 85
- Marking System–
- 1 mark each for each question.
- 0.25 mark for the wrong answer.
JMIEE M.Tech Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What is the eligibility criteria for Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-M.tech.?
- First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Manufacturing and Automation Engineering from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electronics & Communication/ Computer Engg/Instrumentation) or equivalent examination with minimum 60% marks from a recognized University.
- The candidate having valid GATE Score will be preferred. However, at the moment, no scholarship is available under this category.
Stream wise eligibility are:-
- M.Tech (Environmental Science & Engineering): The Candidate should have a degree of Bachelor’s in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Mining, Agricultural Engineering or equivalent degree, with minimum 60% marks from a recognized marks.
- M.Tech (Electrical Power System and Management): The Candidate should has a degree of Bachelor’s in Electrical with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.
- M.Tech (Control and Instrumentation system)The candidate should have a degree of Bachelor’s in Electrical, Instrumentation and Control or Electronics & Communication Engineering with minimum 60% marks from a recognized University.
- M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering/Machine Design/Thermal Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering): The Candidate should have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engg., Production Engineering, Automobile Engg., Manufacturing and Automation Engg.
- M.Tech (Earthquake Engineering): The candidate should have a degree of Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering with not less than 60% marks.
- M.Tech (Nanotechnology- Self Financed): Those candidates who have the degree of M. Sc. In Physics / Chemistry /Electronics/ Material Science / Electronic /Instrumentation with not less than 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible to apply for M.Tech (Nanotechnology).
2) What is Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMIEE)-M.Tech. ?
Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMIEE)-M.Tech is given below:-
Test component(strike off,if not applicable)
Test Duration(in minutes)
Objective/multiple choice questions
3) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,0.25 marks for the wrong answer.
4) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
5) I am a General class candidate and got less than 50% (in the range of 40-50%) in my graduation and 55% (in the range of 50-60%) in post-graduation. Am I eligible for JMI M.Tech Entrance Exam?
No,you are not allowed.
6) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 60% marks altogether.
7) I am doing B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering or Computer science and engineering or Thermal Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
Aeronautical engineering or Computer science and engineering BTech graduates are eligible for MTech Nanotechnology and Renewable energy. Thermal Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering BTech graduates are eligible for M Tech Mechanical Engineering courses.
8) What is the duration of these M.Tech courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
9) Any evening batch for this M.Tech courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this MTech courses.
10) I have a consolidated 55% marks in my B.Tech/ or B.Pharm/ or MBBS/ or BDS degree. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
No. Students should get minimum of 60% marks (consolidated) during their degree program.