KEAM - BE/B.Tech Exam Pattern
There are two paper, Paper I , Paper II held on two different dates 24 April 2017 and 25 April 2017.
- Total Duration for each paper- 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Total Questions for each paper - 120
- Total Marks for each Paper- 480
- Marking System– 4 marks for each correct answer. and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong Answer.
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Try and finish all the topics in the next two-three months. Thereafter, do not touch any new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on JEEMAINS quant syllabus. Apart from Physics, Chemistry and Maths there are some aptitude questions form Logical reasoning and Verbal ability.
1. Candidate should apply for KEAM online and send a printout to the CEE on or before the last date. 2. Online submission of Application may be made by accessing CEE website – www.cee.kerala.gov.in 3. Copy of the printout of the Application form must be retained for future reference. 4. Applicant should ensure the following before sending the printout of the application form: i. The applicant and parent/guardian have signed the form at the specified space. ii. All certificates furnished are properly filled in and signed by the competent authority and affixed office seal at specified place. iii. The photograph uploaded online and the photograph pasted in the printout of application form should be identical and properly attested by Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer of Government. iv. The applicant should select the course/courses which he/she desires to study while applying online. v. The candidate should maintain confidentiality of the key number and keep it in safe custody till the end of allotment process. 5. No memo will be sent by post from this office in the case of defective applications. The defects, if any, which will be displayed on the website while downloading the admit card should be rectified within the specified period. 6. Candidates should send only one application for all the courses in KEAM. 7. Candidates claiming Inter Caste marriage benefit, Anglo Indian/Jew reservation benefit, etc. should submit income certificate also for availing fee concession/ scholarship.