Kerala CEE - M.Sc Nursing Exam Pattern
The competitive examination shall be of the standard of B.Sc. Nursing and shall cover all the subjects taught in B.Sc. Nursing Course.
Test Duration: - 2.30 Hours
Total Marks: - 4* 200 - 800 marks
Marking System –
- Each correct response will be awarded 4 (Four) marks.
- Negative marking will be adopted for an incorrect response.
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response and no mark will be given for the question not answered.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
|No. Of Subject||1|
|No. Of Unit||1|
|No. Of Chapter||22|
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition and Biochemistry
- Nursing Foundation
- Introduction to Computer
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Pathology and Genetics
- Community Health Nursing-1
- Communication & Educational Technology
- Medical Surgical Nursing-1 (Practical)
- Community Health Nursing-1 (Practical)
- Medical Surgical Nursing-2
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing (Practical)
- Community Health Nursing-2
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- Management of Nursing Services & Education
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
1) Candidates must upload a copy of their passport size photograph same as the one to be affixed to the printout of the online application for PG Nursing Entrance Examination, Kerala-2016. (Only Nafter uploading the photograph, the candidate will be able to fill in his/her application form online) 2) Candidates must pay the application fee, only in one of the branches of State Bank of Travancore. 3) Candidates will not be able to correct/modify/edit his/her application once the ‘Confirm’ button is pressed. Only after pressing the ‘Confirm’ button the page containing ‘Print’ link will be available. 4) The candidates must take a printout of the application submitted by visiting the ‘Print’ link. One copy of the same has to be retained by the candidate and another copy has to be sent to the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations along with relevant documents supporting claims in the application. 5) All applications sent to the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations are to be printed using ‘Print’ link. 6) Candidates should not send more than one application form to the CEE.