Oct 10, 2015
Apr 01, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
May 15, 2016
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Online |
- The language of the test will be in English only.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Each section will include 40 multiple choice questions.
- The total number of questions is 120
- The total marks are 480.
- Examination pattern of KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) is:-
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
Marking Scheme –
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks.
- There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) 2016 Syllabus
- Mathematical Modeling and Representation of Systems
- Block diagrams and Signal flow graphs
- Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist criteria
- Lag, Lead and Lead-Lag Compensators
- P, PI and PID Controllers
- State Space Model
- Coulomb's Law
- Gauss's Law, Divergence
- Effect of dielectric medium
- Capacitance of simple configurations
- Biot-Savart’s law
- Ampere’s law
- Faraday’s law
- Lorentz force
- Self and Mutual Inductance
- Programming and Interfacing
- Characteristics of diodes
- Characteristics and applications
- Combinational and Sequential logic circuits
- Multiplexer, Demultiplexer
- A/D and D/A converters
- Oscillators and Feedback Amplifiers
- Functions of single variable
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Mean value theorem
- Chain rule
- Partial Derivatives
- Maxima and Minima
- Divergence and curl
- Directional derivatives
- Theorems Of Stokes
- Gauss And Green
- Fourier Series
- First order linear and nonlinear differential equations
- Higher Order Linear Odes
- Partial differential equations
- Laplace transforms
- Numerical methods for linear and nonlinear algebraic equations
- Numerical integration and differentiation
- Matrix Algebra
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Solutions Of Linear And Non-Linear Algebraic Equations
- Numerical integration - trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule
- Numerical solutions of ODE
- Fourier Transform
- Laplace Transform
- Sampling theorems
- Conditional probability
- Mean, Median, Mode
- Poisson distribution
- Binomial distribution
- Regression analysis
- Analytic Functions
- Cauchy’s integral Theorem
- Taylor Series, Laurent Series
- Residue Theorem
- Solution Integrals
- Passive Filters
- Ideal Current and Voltage Sources
- Thevenin’s Theorem
- Norton’s Theorem
- Superposition Theorem
- Maximum power transfer Theorem
- Power and power factor in AC Circuits
- Network graph
- KCL, KVL
- Node and Mesh Analysis
- Transient Response of DC and AC Networks
- Cylindrical and Salient Pole Machines
- Electric Machines
- Equivalent Circuit
- Phasor Diagram
- Regulation and Efficiency
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion Principles
- DC Machines
- Three Phase Induction Motors
- Operating Principle of Single Phase Induction Motors
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech [Lateral Entry] Program?
- Pass in three years diploma course in Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of TechnicalEducation of any state or equivalent.
- Candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1992.
2) If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do B.Tech [Lateral Entry] through KIIT University?
Yes, provided the course is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards.
3) Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
4) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
5) Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission direct in the 2nd year of the course? If yes what is the criteria.
Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course.
6) Will there be negative marking in KIITEE B.tech exam?
Yes,one mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect response.
7) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.