Mar 01, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
LPUNEST B.Tech. [LE] 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Online | Exam Duration : 1.5 Hr
|Information Technology||18 Minutes||30||20|
|General Awareness||18 Minutes||30||30|
|General Engineering||18 Minutes||30||20|
English is compulsory and the applicant has to choose any two from the remaining subjects.
Test duration- 90 minutes
Total Questions- 115 Questions
Total Marks- 150 Marks
Marking System –
- For English and General Awareness each question carries 1 mark, for Information Technology and General Engineering each question carries 1.5 marks and for Mathematics each question carries 2 marks.
LPUNEST B.Tech. [LE] 2016 Syllabus
- Computer Basics
- Organization of Computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Structure of instructions in CPU
- input / output devices
- Computer Memory
- Memory Organization,
- Back-up devices
- Programming Languages
- Data Structure
- Logic Design and Circuits
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Database Systems
- Computer Networks
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm
- Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Discrete Mathematics
- Wan Technology
- Microsoft Word
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
LPUNEST B.Tech. [LE] Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech [Lateral Entry] Program?
- LPUNEST is compulsory for all the applicants of B.Tech. [Lateral Entry] having less than 70% marks in eligibility qualification.
- Pass with 70% aggregate marks in Diploma (Eng.) (Any stream) (3 years after 10th) or B.Sc. (Non-Medical)/ B.Sc. (Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Pass with 60% aggregate marks in Diploma (Engg.) (Any stream) (3 years after 10th) or B.Sc. (Non-Medical)/ B.Sc. (Computer Science) or equivalent subject to valid score in LPUNEST.
- For B.Tech CSE and B.Tech.IT: BCA may also be considered; other things remain same as above.
- For B.Tech.CE: Diploma in Architectural Assistant ship will also be considered; other things remaining same as above.
- For B.Tech. (Biotechnology) & B.Tech. (Biotechnology-Food Process Eng.) Only Diploma (Biotechnology) or B.Sc. (Medical) or B.Sc. (Bio sciences) will be considered; other things remain same.
2) What about the duration of B.Tech course?
Duration of course is four years.
3) If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do B.Tech [Lateral Entry] through Lovely Professional University?
Yes, provided the course is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards.
4) According to the Government, all the AICTE institutes will give admission to the students who have scored 45% in 12th, so does this rule apply on Lovely Professional University also?
Eligibility conditions are laid down in the prospectus. Admission will be made on merit, out of the candidates who have applied.
5) Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
6) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
7) Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission direct in the 2nd year of the course? If yes what is the criteria?
Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course.