Lucknow University Computer Science Admission Test LUCSAT MCA Exam Pattern
Total Marks: 400
Total Questions: 100
Duration: 90 min
- Each question will be of 4 marks.
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Zero mark will be awarded for each unattempted question.
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of MCA course. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
- Candidates have to be on their seats by 8:30 AM.
- Candidates should download their admit cards from the University admission website.
- Candidates will not be given entry in the examination centre without the admit card.
- Entry will not be given to the candidate on the basis of Print out of application form.} Candidate has to show a photo ID along with the admit card to the invigilators during the examination.
- The instructions related to the online admissions are given here, which are authorized under the Act, Ordinances, Rules & Regulations of the University.
- Gap Certificate: If there is gap in taking admission after Intermediate, then an affidavit certified by the
- Notary on Rs. 10.00 Stamp paper has to be submitted at the time of admission.
- If you want benefit of reservation or zero fees, then give the details of the related certificates during the filling of the Online application form. No candidate will get the permission for any change in weightage or reservation after the form is submitted.
- The detailed information of the admission procedure will be displayed on the University website. Candidates are advised to check for updates regularly on the University website.
- After declaration of the merit list a copy of the list will be displayed on the University website. The candidate himself/herself will find his/her merit number from the merit list. The merit list will not be published in the newspaper.
- The Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates of other states will be treated as general.
- All fees deposited at the time of registration will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- As directed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court, action will be taken against the students who indulge in incidence like ragging during studentship.
- Reservation and income certificates shall be verified on internet.