Sep 30, 2016
Dec 02, 2016
Dec 11, 2016
Dec 19, 2016
MICAT 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Online | Exam Duration : 2.0 Hr
|Section 1||35 Minutes||-||-|
|Section 2||90 Minutes||-||-|
- MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- The exam paper will consist of approximately 94 questions.
- The questions will be spread across 6 sections:
- Psychometric (P),
- Verbal ability (VA),
- Quantitative Ability (QA),
- General awareness (GA),
- Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR) and
- Descriptive Test (DT).
- The Psychometric test is a qualifier.
- Aspirants who qualify on the Psychometric test shall be further assessed for MICAT sections on Verbal ability, Quantitative ability, General awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning
MICAT 2016 Syllabus
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Statements Assumptions
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Indian Industries
MICAT Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the various Eligibility Norms of the PGDM-C Program?
The eligibility details are as follows: A degree of graduation level in the pattern of 10+2+3 education OR Any other equivalent degree in a course which has been recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. The final year students of the above said degree courses are also eligible to take the exam.
Please note that the candidates exhibiting aptitude of assessing or incepting the ideas affecting the people towards action and driving the business results will be preferred.
2) How will the online test be different from the offline one?
The exam format will be same. However, the question papers will appear on the computer screen and the answers are also to be marked on the computer screen only; using the mouse etc. Further, the subjective answers are to be typed using the keyboard.
3) What should I do to prepare for the Exam and further rounds?
MICAT will assess the candidates on the following parameters: Analytical and verbal ability Logical reasoning Divergent thinking Written communication skills Creative potential General awareness about contemporary social and industry related issues The exam requires the candidates to be well read, intelligent, innovative and having a mind working of analytical kind. Reading newspapers regularly, solving analytical questions and working hard on creative writing are what will help all candidates to crack the exam. After the exam, there will be rounds of GE and PI which will be conducted ONLY for the exam qualified candidates. The candidates will have to go through a series of interaction sessions with the exam committee. In these rounds, the Strategic Marketing and Communication Skills will be tested.
4) What is the exam pattern of MICAT?
MICAT will be an online exam testing the following:
- Analytical and verbal ability
- Logical reasoning ?Divergent thinking
- Written communication skills
- Creativity potential
- General awareness about contemporary
- All the psychometric questions are compulsory. A sample psychometric test will also be uploaded on the official website near the exam.
5) What is the GE and PI pattern of MICAT?
Pattern of Group Exercise (GE): I.It is a team work evaluation process. II.The performance of the candidates will be judged on the basis of performance with the group members. III.No shortlisting will be done after this round. Pattern of Personal Interview (PI) Round: i.In this round, the interaction of exam committee and candidates will be there. ii.Creative Leadership in Communication driven industry and Strategic Marketing will be assessed in this round.