NATA Exam Pattern
- Total Marks- 200
- Test Duration- 3 Hours.
- Marking System – There is no negative marking, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie breaking
|No. Of Subject||2|
|No. Of Unit||2|
|No. Of Chapter||19|
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural awareness
- Memory drawing
- Perspective drawing
- Correct Proportions
- Pencil Rendering
- Creating 2-Dimensional composition from given geometric or non-geometric shapes
- Colour Rendering
- Creating Logos
- Colour Schemes
- Creating 3-Dimensional composition from given geometric or non-geometric forms
- Creating the effect of light and shadow
- Creating structural forms from 3- D elements.
- Pencil Rendering
How to prepare
Since it is an Architecture exam you need to be creative and artistic. Learn and practice how to sketch a 3D picture on a 2D medium.
An Architect should explore and try to learn from everything. You never know where you can find a beautiful building and at times even an ugly building can be an inspiration. Learn not to make the mistakes that architect made.
If you follow the above rules, road to success is clear for you.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Solve Previous years Papers
Solving previous years papers will provide you the idea of not only the type of questions but also the level of difficulty. This will also give you opportunity to practice a lot.
Get it checked
Seeking help from knowledgeable persons is not a bad idea. Unless someone shows you your weak areas by pointing out the mistakes, practicing will only make you perfect in doing wrong things.
- The Examination Hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test. Candidates are expected to take their seats immediately after the opening of Examination Hall. If the candidates do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the Examination Hall. No candidate will be allowed in examination hall after 15 minutes of commencement of test.
- 2.Candidate must bring with them:
- Downloaded Admit Card of NATA 2017,
- One copy of photograph, same as the one uploaded;
- Black / Blue Ball Point Pen, pencil, eraser, colour pencils (Not water/oil colour or crayon)
- Candidates are advised to bring with them a cardboard or a clip board on which nothing should be written, so that they have no difficulty in filling responses in the Answer Sheet even if the tables provided in the examination room/hall do have smooth surface.
- Candidates must show on demand the Admit Card (NATA-2017) for admission to the Examination Hall. A candidate not possessing print out of the downloaded admit card along with the photograph and one photo identity proof shall not be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A seat indicating Roll No. will be allocated to each candidate. Candidates must find out and occupy their allocated seat.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those listed under. SL.No.-2 inside examination Hall.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such itemsduring the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge or the invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination for a paper is over. Candidate should not leave the hall without handing over their OMR sheet to the invigilator on duty; this may otherwise lead to cancellation of the concerned paper.
- It is to be noted carefully that the candidates must write the "Question Booklet No." at the indicated places both on the OMR Answer Sheet and Attendance Sheet during examination. Otherwise his/her OMR Answer sheet in the concerned subject will be cancelled.
- Candidates shall maintain silence during the examination. Any conversation or gesticulation or disurbance in the examination hall shall be deemed as misdemeanour. If a candidate is found adopting unfair means, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a period according to the nature of offence.