National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam for B.Des (NIFT B.Des - 2016)
Oct 20, 2015
Jan 21, 2016
Feb 14, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
NIFT B.Des 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper | Exam Duration : 2.0 Hr
|Quantitative Ability||20 Minutes||20||20|
|Communication Ability||30 Minutes||25||25|
|English Comprehension||30 Minutes||25||25|
|Analytical Ability||20 Minutes||15||15|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||20 Minutes||15||15|
- Total Marks- 100
- Total Questions- 100
- Test Duration- 2 hours (120 min)
- Marking System– One mark for each correct answer. There is no Negative marking.
NIFT B.Des 2016 Syllabus
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Data interpretations
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Ratio and proportion
- Alligation and Mixture
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound interest
- Relative speed
- Simple Intrest
- Angles, lines
- Properties of Circles
- Area and Volume of 2D and 3D figures
- Quadratic equations
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation and Combination
- Height and Distance
- Linear Equation
- Arithmatic and Geometric Prograssion
- Set Theory & Venn Diagram
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Properties of Quadrilaterals
- Properties of Triangles
NIFT B.Des Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What is the eligibility criterion for admission?
The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/ State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
2) What is the minimum age required for Undergraduate course?
For Bachelor Programmes : Maximum Age is 23 years as on 1st October, 2016. The upper age limit may be relaxed for a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP).
3) Which academic stream in my XII standard (or equivalent) should I have studied in to be eligible for the NIFT B.Des examination?
Students from any academic stream (e.g. science, arts & humanities, commerce etc.) in their XII standard (or equivalent), are eligible to apply for NIFT B.Des.
4) Is it necessary to have 10+2 studies in science stream for doing Bachelor of Design Course?
Not at all. The Candidate from any stream of 10+2/higher secondary education can do the Bachelor of Design Course.
5) I have completed 10+2. What are the courses that I can do in Bachelor of Design?
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is offering Bachelor’s degree in Accessory Design,Fashion Communication ,Fashion Design,Knitwear Design,Leather Design,Textile Design . The duration ofAccessory Design,Fashion Communication ,Fashion Design,Knitwear Design,Leather Design,Textile Design is 4 years. The eligibility for the both courses is 10+2 from a recognised Board of Education.
6) Are drawing skills mandatory to join B.Desgin course?
No, our course curriculum is designed in a manner where we start teaching from the basic dot line drawing and in the last semester, expose the students to specialized fields also.
7) I am from the non-science stream in my XII. Will I be able to cope with the course?
If you are good enough to qualify in NIFT B.Des and make it to the B. Des. selection list, coping with B. Des. will not be a problem for you.
8) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
Yes, you are allowed however A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place