Symbiosis Entrance Test (Law) Exam Pattern
- Total Marks – 150
- Total Questions - 150
- Total Duration- 150 minutes
- Marking System – Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answer.
|No. Of Subject||4|
|No. Of Unit||10|
|No. Of Chapter||65|
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Venn Diagram
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Data Sufficiency (statement type)
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- Who's who
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Current Affairs
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Hindu Law And Muslim Law
- Essential Elements Of Contract
- Types Of Contract
- Breach Of Contract & Damages
- Performance Of Contract
- Discharge Of Contract
- Specific Contracts
- General Defenses & Capacity
- Vicarious Liability & Vicarious Liability Of State
- Remoteness Of Damage
- Essentials & Defences & Nuisance
- General Principles
- Stages Of Crime Offences
- Right Of Private Defense Of The Body And Of Property
How to prepare
It is very important to have clear approach while preparing for the exam. One should keep themselves updated of all current affairs happening around the the World all through his preparation journey.
The trick is to understand that in BA LLB entrance test all subjects are equally important. An efficient preparation of English & Reasoning will prepare you for critical reasoning. You also need to practice legal reasoning in addition to English. Also, preparation of Mathematics (even though maths is not there in some BBA LLB entrance test). You will also prepare for Analytical Reasoning (Puzzles, coding-decoding etc.) as skills require to master both these subjects are largely similar. The strategy should be to devote the maximum amount of time in mastering subjects with compound effect.
Do a lot of practice in GK as well. The inclusion of subjects like Static General Knowledge and Legal General Knowledge has made the test quite challenging. It is a usual that more importance must be given to subjects like Analytical, Logical and Legal Reasoning. Remember that GK (along with Legal GK) questions play a good role in scoring big and anyone having command over GK can not only score with ease but also with less time. For comprehension, one should practice reading a lot.
Another strategy for quickly improving scores is by solving as many Mocks as possible, and more importantly, giving enough time to yourself for analyzing these Mocks.
1. Read daily newspaper for Current affairs and general awareness.
2. Consistently practice model papers for reasoning questions.
3. Prepare a timetable and allot time to subjects on the basis of priority and knowledge level
4. Plan Time Management for the success of preparation.
1. For the Morning Session (Law and Design Test), reach the test centre latest by 8.45 a.m. The test will start at 9.30 a.m. Note that no extra time will be given for candidates who report late at the test centre.
2. For the Afternoon Session (General, Engineering and Health Sciences Test), reachthe test centre latest by 1:45 p.m. The test procedure will start at 2:30 p.m. Note that no extra time will be given for candidates who report late at the test centre.
3. Bring the following to the Test Centre:
a. The SET admit card: Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the test without the admit card.
b. Photo identity: Bring any one of the following:
- Driving license
- College/Institute identity card
- Credit card with photograph
- Voters ID card
- AADHAR Card (UID Card)
c. Blue/Black ballpoint pen.
4. Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in
calculators/ memory and any other electronic gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
5. Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the seat number written on the desk and indicated on your admit card.
6. The Test Invigilator will check your admit card.
7. The test invigilators will instruct you to open the seals of the test booklet 15 minutes before the start of the test.
8. Check immediately to ensure that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the test booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator, who will arrange for replacement of test booklet if required.
9. You are not allowed to leave the hall until the test is over and the invigilator collects the Answer Sheets and Test Booklets. You will be allowed to leave the hall only after the Answer Sheets and Test Booklets of all the candidates in your hall have been collected and accounted for.
10. Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SET scores.
11. Invigilator or Symbiosis Test Secretariat representative will stamp and authenticate your admit card.
*You are required to preserve this authenticated admit card for further selection processes at individual institutes. Duplicate admit card will not be issued in case original is lost by the candidate Undergraduate.
Categories listed under International Students Admissions:
Foreign National (FN):
A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN),if he/she holds a foreign passport.
Person of Indian Origin (PIO):
A student is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO), if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
Non Resident Indian (NRI):
A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI), if he/she has appeared either for the 10 or 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10th & 12th) examination outside India.
It is mandatory for the student who falls in the NRI Category and has appeared for 12th in India to appear for the SET TEST.