UPES MEET Exam Pattern
Test Duration - 1 hours
Total Questions - 60
Total Marks - 60
|No. Of Subject||5|
|No. Of Unit||10|
|No. Of Chapter||74|
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence completion
- Cloze Test
- Idioms and Pharses
- Migratory Words
- Word Usage
- Phrasal Verbs
- Differential Equations (ordinary and partial)
- Fundamentals of differential calculus
- Fundamentals of integral calculus
- Fundamentals of vector calculus
- Numerical techniques
- Determinants and matrices
- Fundamentals of Electrical Circuits
- Electrical Machines
- Control and Measurement and Power System
- Fundamentals of analog and digital electronics
- Fundamentals of kinetics
- Fundamentals of Machine Tools
- Introduction to laws of thermodynamics
- Properties of Steam
- Introduction to fluid properties
- Fluid dynamics
- Fundamentals of Energy and Environment
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
Please follow the instructions given below to complete your Online Application Process:
- Click on the link that applies to your status – Indian Resident or Foreign Resident
- Sign up to buy the Admission Prospectus. You will get a display of the Sign Up Form.
- Fill up all the details requested in the Sign Up Form as well as the program that you are interested in.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
- You will receive an email from UPES on the email id that you have registered in the Sign Up Form.
- Click on the link provided in the email from UPES to verify your email id and activate your account on the UPES website.
- Please proceed to fill up the Application Form online and follow the instructions given therein.
- After submitting the Application Form, Pay Online by Credit card/ Debit card /Net Banking for UPES Prospectus and Application form.
- For Indian Resident:
- 1. By Demand Draft/Online - Rs.1850/-
- 2. By Cash - Rs.1750/-
- For Foreign Resident: Fee : US$ 75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate)
- Forms are available online and at Enrollment offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Dehradun campus and booksellers.