How to Prepare
GCET 2016 Question Paper Format
Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) conducted by Gujarat Technological University (GTU) in month of June/July is common entrance tests for admissions to Masters of Business Administration (MBA) of all B Schools and institutes affliated to universities in Gujrat. Board officials are expecting approximately 35,000 aspirants for GCET .
GCET 2016 Conducting Body
Gujarat Technological University (GTU) is a state-wide institution affiliating many reputed colleges across the state of Gujarat. Gujarat Technological University was established by an act of Gujarat Legislature (Gujarat Act No. 20 of 2007). The Gujarat Technological University was established in 2008 with the prime objective to create centres and institutes of excellence in the areas of science, engineering and management. The University has more than 440 Institutes affiliated Institutes and 15 recognized Institutions. It provides courses in Medical, Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Commerce and Management through it's various affiliated Colleges. The University also runs sectoral/ specific programmes in Port Management, Nano Technology, Tissue Culture. GTU also conducts specialized workshops to develop the faculties based on the gaps identified during observations.
GCET Contact Details
|Address||Gujarat Technological University Nr.Vishwakarma Government Engineering College Nr.Visat Three Roads, Visat - Gandhinagar Highway Chandkheda, Ahmedabad – 382424 - Gujarat.|
|Phone no||(079) 23267800|
1) What is Gujarat Common Entrance Test ?
Gujarat Technological University (GTU) will be conducting the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) for granting admission to MBA and other programmes in its affiliated colleges. The exam is conducted online throughout the state of Gujarat.Board officials are expecting approximately 35,000 aspirants for GCET.After the exam, a merit list will be prepared and students will be shortlisted for counseling.
2) Who conducts GCET?
GCET is conducted by the Gujarat Technological University.
3) Is GCET is a state level entrance test ?
Yes, GCET is a state level entrance exam.
4) How to apply for GCET?
Open the official website.
Registration: For a new registration, the candidate has to print the Fee Challan link given on the registration website and go to any of the help centers. Bank counter will accept challan and fee there. By giving one stamped copy of the fee challan, the candidate can get information brochure issued from the help center, which comes with User ID and Password.
Through this User ID and password candidate has to complete the application form on the official website. If a candidate is having difficulty in registering online on his/her own, he/she can send the email the address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Central Control Room at GTU, Ahmedabad.
Registration Acknowledgement: Candidate has to report nearest Help Centre along with duly signed application form, acknowledgment slip and Xerox copy of required documents (Final Year Degree mark sheet, H.S.C examination mark sheet, S.S.C mark sheet) to get registration acknowledgment slip.
Candidate downloads & prints hall ticket from registration site.
5) What are the modes of fee submission for the exam?
For payment of fees online / at nearest SBI branch, kindly read following instructions:
Steps for Online Payment:
- State of Corporate/Institution: Gujarat
- Type of Corporate/Institution: Educational Institutions
- Educational Institutions Name: GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- Select Payment Category: Admission Form Fee
- FULL NAME OF APPLICANT: “XXXX XXXX”
- NAME, OF COURSE, APPLIED FOR: “Integrated MBA / MCA”
- APPLICATION NUMBER: “Please enter the username”
- Then, fill in your personal details.
- Select the mode of payment: [Debit Card / Credit Card / Net banking/pay at SBI Branch]
- At the end, collect the 10 Digit Payment Ref. No. starting with “DUXXXXXXXX”.
- Using Payment Ref. No. fill in the online admission Form.
After paying the fees online, fill in following details:
- SBI Branch: Name of the SBI Branch, where you paid the fees through Challan (write N.A. in case of Online Payment)
- Transaction Reference No.: The payment ref. no, you have received after paying fees online or at nearest SBI branch, say for example “DUXXXXXXXX” (10 Digits).
- Challan Date: Date of Online or Branch Payment.
6) When the GCET Result will come?
You can check the GCET Result in last week of July.
7) For how GCET score valid?
The GCET score is valid for just one year.
8) Is GCET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
9) Which documents do I need to send to the GCET office along with my application form?
The duly filled forms can also be mailed by Registered Post A.D. to Assistant Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Sector 10/B, Near Old Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar 382 010 .
10) In which month is the MBA GCET Exam conducted?
Generally, this exam is conducted in the first week of July every year.
11) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of July (onwards). You will have to log onto the GCET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from the website.
12) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Test date
- Test City & Centre address
- User ID / Registration Number
- PWD/DA status.
13) Which University accepts the GCET score for admission in their MBA?
The universities that use the GCET score for admission in their MBA programmes are:
- Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar
- Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad
- Ganpat University, Kherva
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan
- Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar
- M.S. University, Vadodara
- Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Saurashtra University, Rajkot
- Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat
14) Is the University MBA Programme recognized by UGC ?
The Gujarat Technological University is one of the largest Technological University of India having the approval of University Grand Commission (UGC), Government of India established in the year 2007 under the Gujarat Technological University Act, 2007.
15) What is the difference between the integrated MBA and MCA programmes?
- Both are equally good.
- The MBA people are more known for their business tactics and they help in uplifting the business organization of the company.
- MCA people grab the technology part to cope up with the company's business needs.
- They both accentuate a company's profits.
16) How to get Degree Certificate?
Degrees are conferred at the Convocation only.
The application form is available from Consumer Store (app. School of Languages) by paying prescribed fees in cash.
After paying the prescribed fees at Cash Counter (Window No. 20), the form should be the drop in drop box with fee receipt. A student can send the demand draft in favor of “Registrar, Gujarat University” of prescribed fees for the degree certificate.
Students will get the Degree Certificate in Absentia/Person, whatever mode he had selected in the application form. The date of Convocation will be declared and communicated by reputed newspaper during the month of November for Annual Convocation and during the month of March for Special Convocation.
A Legible attested XEROX copy of the Mark-Sheet of the relevant Degree Examination must invariably be attached with the application form.
17) Is it an online exam ?
Yes, it is an online exam.
18) What are the testing areas in GCET Exam?
A typical question set will be of analytical and logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language skills and GK etc.
19) What is the eligibility criteria for GCET Entrance Test ?
Students who have graduated and completed their HSC (12th) from a recognized school/university located in Gujarat. Minimum 50% aggregate in graduation for General category and 45% for SC/ST category students.
Admissions will be done on the merit basis based on the strength of Standard 12th Marksheet.
20) What is the examination pattern of GCET?
GCET is a computer based test. Test duration will be 80 minutes and there will be 100 multiple choice questions with negative marking for wrong answers.
21) What are the Placement status?
Gujarat Technological University is a premier academic and research institution which has driven new ways of thinking since its 2007 founding, established by the Government of Gujarat vide Gujarat Act No. 20 of 2007. Today, GTU is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to its campus, keeping GTU at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.
GTU is a State University with 572 affiliated colleges in its fold operating across the state of Gujarat through its FIVE zones at Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Rajkot, and Surat. The University caters to the fields of Engineering, Architecture, Management, Pharmacy and Computer Science. Gujarat Technological University is associated with Institute and Student development activity right through its inception.
As a direction, Gujarat Technological University has established “Integrated Training & Placement Cell” wings for support institutes for enhancing employability Skill in students which help them to students get the job and also it would help them to fit in turbulence environment.
22) Gujarat Technological University there any transport facility provided?
Since this is a residential program, care is taken to provide all amenities and facilities on campus. Besides this, there are shuttle services from the campus to the city at regular intervals that carry students to and fro from early morning till late in the night. PMPML buses are also there from Infosys circle to the city.
23) Will I get a bank loan?
Candidates may like to directly approach various banks for educational loans. Gujarat Technological University has no role in arranging educational loans for the candidates.
24) What is the duration of test?
The duration of the exam is 80 minutes.
25) Is there any deduction for wrong answers?
Yes. There are negative marks for any wrong responses given by the candidates.
26) How many questions will be there in GCET paper?
80 minutes and there will be 100 multiple choice questions with negative marking for wrong answers.
27) How many papers will be there in GCET ?
GCET comprises of a double test paper.