GEEE - Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination (GEEE - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question paper available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
GEEE 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
GEEE 2016 News and Updates
2015 year end was difficult for Tamil Nadu. With incessant rains drowning the state which claimed many lives and rendered thousands homeless, the people of the state are yet to recover themselves from this catastrophe that rocked their world. While we cannot even begin to imagine their loss, ...Read more
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination (GEEE)- B.Tech is a University level entrance test that is conducted by Galgotias University. The exam is proposed every year to select bright students from different parts of the country. The test is being conducted for different programs offered in different constituent institutes/schools of the university.
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Civil Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech / B.Tech (Hons.) Chemical Engineering
GEEE 2016 Conducting Body
GEEE - Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination Conducted by Galgotias University. Galgotias University is devoted to excellence in teaching, research and innovation, and to develop leaders who'll make a difference to the world. The University, which is based in Greater Noida, has a 'students first' philosophy. It’s one of the reasons why Galgotias University is consistently ranked among India's top universities.
GEEE Contact Details
|Address||Plot No.2, Sector 17-A Yamuna Expressway, Greater Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Phone no||+91- 9582847072 & +91- 9582847063 0120 – 4370000|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) Where is the GU Campus?
Plot No. - 2, Sector - 17A
Greater Noida (Gautam Buddh Nagar) -201306
Uttar Pradesh (INDIA).
2) What is the difference between B.Tech and B.Tech Hons.?
If a student devotes extra time and takes additional course load and/or projects specifically prescribed for each programme and have a minimum average CGPA of 7.50 in these courses/projects, he will become eligible for award of Honors Degree.
3) How to apply and from where do I get the application?
Application is available online.
4) What all documents the person has to carry at the time of Registration?
Please refer to the prospectus which will be available on the University website in due course.
5) Is the B.Tech course possible on Part-time basis also?
Presently it is offered on full time basis.
6) What about the duration of B.Tech course?
Duration of course is four years.
7) Is there any age criteria for B.Tech?
8) If the person’s XII th result is awaited can he/she go for B.Tech course?
No, to apply in Galgotia University, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.
9) If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do B.Tech through Galgotias University?
Yes, provided the course is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards.
10) Can the person go for branch and preference change for B.Tech Course?
Request for Branch change can be considered in the 1st semester subject to merit and availability of seats.
11) According to the Government, all the AICTE institutes will give admission to the students who have scored 45% in 12th, so does this rule apply on Galgotias University also?
Eligibility conditions are laid down in the prospectus. Admission will be made on merit, out of the candidates who have applied.
12) If the student fails in class 12 but passes it in the next year with a good pecentage then is he eligible for B.Tech?
Yes, subject to fulfilling of eligibility criteria.
13) Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
14) The faculties and campus of both Galgotias University and GCET are same for B.Tech Course?
No, Campus of Galgotias University is separate with State of Art facilities for students such as hi-tech research labs , European designed state of the art classrooms , digital library with one of the highest collection of e-books.
15) What if the student wants to go for the branch change in the second year?
Request for Branch change is normally considered in 1st year subject to merit and availability of seats.
16) Is there any possibility for fee transfer between Galgotias University and Galgotias College for B.Tech Course?
No.there not any possibility for fee transfer between Galgotias University and Galgotias College for B.Tech Course.
17) Is there any kind of management or NRI quota?
No, Admissions will be given ONLY ON MERIT OF THE CANDIDATE AFTER HE FULFILLS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.
18) Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission direct in the 2nd year of the course? If yes what is the criteria?
Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course.
19) Is there any maximum duration for completing B.Tech course? If yes how many years.
The student can complete the course in 4+3 years, subject to the provisions of the regulations.
20) The result of the examination is given semester-wise or after completion of B.Tech program?
The result is announced semester-wise.
21) What should the candidate do if he/she does not have the scorecard available with him / her & not even available on the internet?
No, to apply in Galgotias University, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.
22) If the person is not UP domiciled can he show his UPSEE scorecard?
Yes,you can show your UPSEE scorecard.
23) If a new branch is added in the Galgotias University from the next year can a student change their branch?
No,you are not allowed.
24) What are the all branches we provide in B.Tech course?
B.Tech courses are in eight branches namely:-
- B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech Automobile Engineering.
25) What is the fee Structure of B.Tech program?
Fee Structure for the B.Tech Program is Rs 1, 49,000/- per annum + Exam Fee Rs. 10,000/- per annum. Transportation charges will be subsidized and nominal and will be given shortly before you take admission.
26) How much seats we have in each branch?
Number of seats will be indicated in due course. However, admissions will be done on merit only.
27) What is the placement record in B.Tech?
Galgotias has excellent record of placement. Galgotias has a record for 100% placements for the last five years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names. Galgotias has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell, which provides structured interface with the corporate world and ensures cent percent placement. Its Corporate Associates includes leading organizations like Infosys, HCL, HDFC, Aditya Birla group, Bajaj Capital, Airtel, Accenture, Ericsson, ICICI, Jindal Steel, Axis Bank, DLF, TCS, L&T, Modi Group, MFG Toyota etc.
The placement procedure for students graduating in 2016 is under process.
- Highest Salary Offered 49,84,652
- Average Salary Offered 10,11,000
Galgotias University has signed MoU with Infosys Ltd. to work jointly for improving quality of education to produce industry ready professionals through industry led curriculum design especially in the area of Information Technology (IT).
28) Is scholarship given for first year only or for the entire duration of the B.Tech course?
The continuation of scholarship is subject to the conditions that the student achieves a specified level of academic performance in the 1st& 2nd semester exams.
29) What are the lab facilities provided to the B.Tech Students?
Labs with State of Art facilities are available to facilitate research, experiments and learning designed by professors in top universities in the USA and Singapore. The candidate is most welcome to visit the university and see the labs.
30) Does university provide any Industrial Tours?
Industrial and Educational Tours are conducted regularly as per the requirement of the curriculum with companies like Infosys, Moserbayer etc.
31) Does the university provide any guest faculty?
Yes. But GALGOTIAS UNIVERSITY we will be having FULL TIME Faculty joining us from the top-universities of the world, to name a few: Georgia Tech ,Carnegie Mellon, Purdue University and Howard University (Washington) and many other top universities of USA, Singapore and UK.
32) What about the placement of civil engineering?
Galgotias has excellent record of placement. Galgotias has a record for 100% placements with more than 150+ companies, corporations and MNC’s for the last five years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names. Galgotias has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell, which provides structured interface with the corporate world and ensures cent percent placement. Its Corporate Associates includes leading organizations like Infosys, HCL, HDFC, Aditya Birla group, Bajaj Capital, Airtel, Accenture, Ericsson, ICICI, Jindal Steel, Axis Bank, DLF, TCS, L&T, Modi Group, MFG Toyota etc.
33) In which companies, Students of B.Tech are placed?
Galgotias has excellent record of placement. Galgotias has a record for 100% placements in All Branches of Engineering and Management for the last five years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names. Galgotias has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell, which provides structured interface with the corporate world and ensures cent percent placement. Its Corporate Associates includes leading organizations like Infosys, HCL, HDFC, Aditya Birla group, Bajaj Capital, Airtel, Accenture, Ericsson, ICICI, Jindal Steel, Axis Bank, DLF, TCS, L&T, Modi Group, MFG Toyota etc.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place