GITAM Admission Test (PGP)-M.Pharmacy (GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of basic concepts from your school books
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the Pharmacy exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep a piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the Pharmacy exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy 2016
GITAM Admission Test(PGP)-M.Pharmacy exam is conducted by Gitam University for admissions to its Postgraduate program. GITAM Admission Test(PGP)- M.Pharmacy are conducted at the National, State and University level for offering admission to Postgraduate students in different M.Pharmacy colleges and universities in India. The university offers a 2-year full-time Master degree in Pharmacy.
GITAM University takes admission for it's Visakhapatnam Campus.
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
- M.Pharm. in Pharmacology
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy 2016 Conducting Body
GITAM Admission Test(PGP)-M.Pharmacy exam is conducted by Gitam University. During the past 35 years, GITAM has been committed to excellence in higher education foraying into diversified disciplines of learning. It has steadily evolved into a world-class university recognized for the experiential learning it offers, the competent and compassionate faculty, the stellar research laboratories, academic vibrancy and cosmopolitan culture. Dr. MVVS Murthi, visionary, industrialist, educationist, philanthropist and former parliamentarian have been guiding the destinies of the University since its inception.
GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy Contact Details
|Address||GITAM University Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045 Andhra Pradesh, India .|
|Phone no||(+91-891) 2790404, 2840302|
GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy FAQ
1) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
2) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Admission Test (GAT) and obtain a rank in that.
3) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
- Candidates can apply online.
- Applications can also be obtained by post from director-admissions by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate's name with complete mailing address accompanied by DD for Rs. 150/- drawn in favour of Gitam University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
- The filled - in application along with demand draft for Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 600/- for female candidates), drawn in favor of Gitam University, payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank, should reach Director-Admissions, Gitam University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 530 045, Andhra Pradesh.
4) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
5) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
6) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
Yes, GITAM University has its own entrance test for several programmes.
7) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
8) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their GITAM GAT Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
9) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
10) If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time.
11) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
12) What are the eligibility criteria for GAT(PGP)-M.Pharmacy Program?
Pass in B.Pharm. from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and score obtained in GAT (PGP) .
13) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
14) What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for the M.Pharma in Gitam University ?
There is no minimum age bar for the student to apply For the B.Pharma course at Gitam University .
15) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator. Note that the on-screen timer will continue running during restroom breaks.
16) If I have done Graduation through PART TIME or DISTANCE LEARNING MODE, am I eligible to apply for GAT(PGP)-M.Pharmacy exam?
No,you are not allowed.
17) What is the scoring pattern and rule for negative marking?
Each question has four options out of which one is correct. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
18) I am a B. Pharmacy third year student. Am I eligible for GAT ?
No, B. Pharmacy third year students are not eligible to appear in GAT examination.
19) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the University.
- A candidate qualified in GAT will be eligible for admission only if he/she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
- GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGT), however they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counselling as per the schedule.
20) What is/are the cut-off percentile/s applied for the various tests you consider?
The cut-off percentile varies from year to year, depending on the performance of applicants in that year. Hence it would be difficult to state a cut-off percentile or percentage.
21) For how long is the GAT(PGP)-M.Pharmacy score valid?
The GAT(PGP)-M.Pharmacy score is valid for just one year.
22) What are the specializations/Courses offered at GITAM University inn M.Pharmacy ?
Courses Offered at Visakhapatnam Campus:
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
- M.Pharm. in Pharmacology
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
23) Does GAT offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
24) Does GAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GAT to facilitate the process.
25) Is it compulsory to stay in the hostel and what are the charges that the student will have to meet for staying in the hostel?
Yes. It is compulsory for all to stay in the hostel as the programmes are residential in nature. Rent free hostel accommodation is provided within the University Campus. However, expenses for mess, maintenance & other overheads will have to be borne by the students.
26) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
27) Is GITAM University approved by UGC?
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) (a deemed-to-be university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) known as GITAM University is an educational institution in India. It was previously known as GITAM College, affiliated to Andhra University. Established in 1980, it was conferred the status of deemed university in 2007. It was the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive university status. GITAM is planning on receiving an ABET International Accreditation.The university has three campuses – its main campus at Visakhapatnam spreads over 100 acres, and the other two campuses are at Hyderabad and Bangalore.
28) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
- Merit–cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each department of the academic institutes of the University @ ` 2,000/- per month depending upon merit of the student and income of the parent.
- Merit Scholarships will be awarded to GATE qualified students of M.Tech. under TEQUIP-II project, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ ` 8,000/- per month.
- Stipends / Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious students of M.Tech. & M.Pharmacy depending upon the need and availability of suitable candidates, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ ` 5,000/- per month.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place