How to Prepare
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017 Question Paper Format
The GITAM Admission Test (UGTP) - B.Arch exam is conducted by Gitam University for admissions to its architecture undergraduate programme. The Gitam University conducts various entrance exam at the national, state and university level for offering admission to undergraduate students in different colleges and universities. Through GITAM Admission Test (UGTP) - B.Arch, the university selects students of 5-year full-time bachelor's degree in Architecture. GITAM University takes admission for it's Visakhapatnam Campus.
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017 Conducting Body
The GITAM Admission Test (UGTP) - B.Arch exam is conducted by Gitam University for admissions to its architecture undergraduate programme. During the past 35 years, GITAM has been committed to excellence in higher education foraying into diversified disciplines of learning. It has steadily evolved into a world-class university recognized for the experiential learning it offers, the competent and compassionate faculty, the stellar research laboratories, academic vibrancy and cosmopolitan culture. Dr. MVVS Murthi, visionary, industrialist, educationist, philanthropist and former parliamentarian has been guiding the destinies of the University since its inception. The university has three campuses - its main campus at Visakhapatnam, off campuses at Hyderabad and Bengaluru. Known for its creative dynamism and flexibility, the university offers varied programmes blending skill development and value orientation to shape the career of students and develop holistic personality to be privileged members of the civil society. The university also offers several programmes through distance learning to increase access to higher education with emphasis on reaching the unreached.
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch Contact Details
|Address||GITAM University Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045 Andhra Pradesh, India .|
|Phone no||(+91-891) 2790404, 2840302|
1) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, All candidates will be awarded GSAT test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test appeared and they will be kept on the website.
2) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
3) Where can I Obtain the application form?
- Online form is available at official website..
- Hard copies can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.1,000/- (Rs. 600/- for female candidates) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
4) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
5) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
6) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT) and obtain a rank in that.
7) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their Gitam Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
10) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Arch Program?
A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main).
11) If I have appeared for Class 12 in 2015 (or 2016) and qualify JEE Main 2017 too, can I sit for GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch ?
Yes ,You are allowed but in class 12 a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
12) I have not received my 12th mark sheet yet. Am I still eligible to apply?
- You can still apply.In place of 12th mark sheet, produce a certificate from the Principal of your high school that you have appeared in the XII Standard examination.
- Online score sheet uploaded by relevant board can be submitted as a self-attested copy.
13) If I get my class 12 paper re-checked, will it affect my chances of admission?
No,however after receiving the final marks, you have to be eligible to apply and you must submit your final 12th Std. mark sheet before the Merit List is announced.
14) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Gitam University B.Arch?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
15) I have a gap year. Will it affect my chances?
If you can provide valid explanation and proof/s for the gap year/s and if you are meeting the eligibility criteria for the respective program then you might have a chance to get through the admission process.
16) For how long is the GAT B.Arch score valid?
The GAT B.Arch score is valid for just one year.
17) Is hostel facility available for students?
Yes,The University has separate Hostels for Boys and Girls in all three(3) Campuses:-Visakhapatnam Campus,Hyderabad Campus,Bengaluru Campus.
18) Which resources are available in Gitam university library?
Apart from regular text books, Lending Books,Current Awareness Service,CD copying: CD copier was purchased to give duplicate CDs of GRE, TOFEL, GMAT, CAT and other academic relevant information on CDs.,Latest arrivals,Document Delivery,OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue).
19) What is the fee structure for the programs at GITAM University in B.Arch?
GAT tution Fee is 2,20,000/- p.a.
20) Where should I report on my first day?
21) Does GAT offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
22) Does GAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GAT to facilitate the process.
23) What has been GAT placement record?
GAT placement record has been outstanding in recent years. All the eligible students have been placed in reputed organizations through campus Placements.
24) I want to know whether degrees of Gitam University are recognized by the UGC and other professional bodies?
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, known as GITAM University, established u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, is one of India’s leading universities having 36 years of track record in teaching and research of global standards. The University is located in three picturesque campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
Recognizing the holistic education being imparted by the University, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India ranked GITAM as ‘I’ category University among the universities of its kind. The university is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade. GITAM is one of the chosen universities that has been accorded 12 (B) status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) facilitating high impact research by the faculty and students.
25) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.