How to Prepare
GSAT for Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology 2017
GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University, offers. Five year Integrated M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology with an option to secure B.Sc. at the end of 3rd year and B.Sc. (Hons.) at the end of final year. Candidates seeking admission to various M.Sc. (Biotechnology) programmes of GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University are required to appear for GITAM Science Admission Test (GITAM Science Admission Test GSAT for Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology) to be held at various centres in Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
GSAT for Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology 2017 Conducting Body
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management is known as GITAM University. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, known as GITAM University, established u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, is one of India’s leading universities having 35 years of track record in teaching and research of global standards. The University is located in three picturesque campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. With a multidisciplinary approach, the University offers 123 programmes at UG, PG and Doctoral levels in diverse disciplines in Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy, Science, Medicine, Management, International Business, Law and Humanities. The University has turned into one of the biggest Universities in India with 1100 committed faculty members, 1200 research scholars, over 17,000 regular students and more than 30,000 distance learners.
GSAT for Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology Contact Details
|Address||Visakhapatnam Campus (Main Campus) Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045, Andhra Pradesh, India .|
|Phone no||(+91-891) 2790 101, 2790 202|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
GSAT for Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology FAQ
1) What is GSAT (GITAM Science Admission Test )?
Gitam University Vishakhapatnam invites application for admission to Undergraduate Programmes commencing in this session .GSAT will be held at various centres in Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India.
The UG Science Programs are offered by Eight Departments of the Institute of Science located in Vishakhapatnam Campus; the course curricula of the programs are carefully designed to impart wide knowledge in the respective areas of specializations, suitable for placements in reputed organizations and for higher studies within and outside the country.
2) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
3) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
- Online form is available at official website..
- Hard copies can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.350/- (inclusive of Test fee Rs. 300/-) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
4) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
5) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
6) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
7) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, All candidates will be awarded GSAT test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test appeared and they will be kept on the website.
8) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
9) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT) and obtain a rank in that.
10) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their Gitam Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology Program?
- A pass in Intermediate or equivalent examination approved by GITAM University with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
- Admissions into Integrated M.Sc programme will be based on an all India entrance test conducted by GITAM University and the rule of reservation, wherever applicable.
12) 1Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, Student who has passed his/her class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology is eligible to take admission in this course.
13) Is it true that from this year, admission to Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) is on the basis of aggregate and not on the basis of PCM/PCB?
No. It is not based on aggregate. It is based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
14) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
15) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
16) For how long is the GSAT Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) score valid?
The GSAT Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) score is valid for just one year.
17) Where should I report on my first day?
18) I want to know whether degrees ofGitam University are recognized by the UGC and other professional bodies?
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, known as GITAM University, established u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, is one of India’s leading universities having 36 years of track record in teaching and research of global standards. The University is located in three picturesque campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
Recognizing the holistic education being imparted by the University, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India ranked GITAM as ‘I’ category University among the universities of its kind. The university is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade. GITAM is one of the chosen universities that has been accorded 12 (B) status by the University Grants Commission (UGC) facilitating high impact research by the faculty and students.
19) Is hostel facility available for students?
Yes,The University has separate Hostels for Boys and Girls in all three(3) Campuses:-Visakhapatnam Campus,Hyderabad Campus,Bengaluru Campus.
20) Which resources are available in Gitam university library?
Apart from regular text books, Lending Books,Current Awareness Service,CD copying: CD copier was purchased to give duplicate CDs of GRE, TOFEL, GMAT, CAT and other academic relevant information on CDs.,Latest arrivals,Document Delivery,OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue).
21) What is the fee structure for the programs at GITAM University in Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology)?
GSAT Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology)) tution Fee is 74,300/- p.a.
22) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
23) Does GSAT offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
24) Does GSAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GSAT to facilitate the process.
25) What has been GSAT placement record?
GSAT placement record has been outstanding in recent years. All the eligible students have been placed in reputed organizations through campus Placements.