How to Prepare
Goa CET-B.Pharma 2017 Question Paper Format
Goa CET-B.Pharma 2017 News and Updates
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa conducts Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) for the admission to Bachelors in Pharmacy (B.Pharmacy) course. The candidates can check the detailed selection and counselling process here. Selection Process: - The candidates who qualify in the GCET ...Read more
Goa CET-B.Pharma 2017
Goa Common Entrance Test- B.Pharma, a State Level entrance test is conducted by Government of Goa every year to select bright students from different parts of our country. Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa, has prepared this prospectus for admissions to the First Year of Professional Degree courses in the State of Goa. The information given herein pertains to Common Entrance Test and admission procedure applicable to the Government, Government-aided and un-aided colleges in Goa offering Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Architecture, Dentistry, Engineering, Medicine (Allopathy, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda), Pharmacy, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing at Institute of Nursing Education.
Goa CET-B.Pharma 2017 Conducting Body
Goa Common Entrance Test conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. Directorate of Training and Technical Education is entrusted with the responsibility of providing trained technical manpower for the technological up gradation of industrial production, services, productivity, and innovation, contributing to the planned growth of the country's economy. With a view to achieving the above objective, Department strives for systematic planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmers and policies relating to technical/vocational education. With the stress on the planned and systematic expansion for the appropriate industrial growth of the National Capital Territory of Delhi, particularly in the context of glottalization and liberalization of the economy, this Department has made significant strides in the field of technical and vocational education. Directorate of Technical Education.
Goa CET-B.Pharma Contact Details
|Address||Chairman, Admission Committee Directorate of Technical Education Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521.|
|Phone no||(0832) 2416370|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
Goa CET-B.Pharma FAQ
1) What is GCET?
A Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa for the candidates seeking admission to first year degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture in various colleges in Goa.
2) What is/are the college/colleges covered under GCET examination?
Many colleges and esteemed institutions offer admissions for its B.Pharma courses via the GCET. The entire list of the participating institutes is given below:
- Government Institutions
- Self Financed Institutions :-
- Goa College of Pharmacy, Panaji.
- P.E.S’s. Rajaram and Tarabai Bandekar College of Pharmacy, Farmagudi and soon.
3) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form?
The candidate must have:
- Hard copy of the filled-in form.
- Fee receipt detail
- Auto generated ID and Password.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
The admit card will be available on the website of GCET only from first week of May (onwards). The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website.However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.
5) Once I apply what will happen?
Once you send in your application along with the required documents and application fee, we will register it and allot an application number. Application number will be informed to you by e.mail. In the e.mail, we will also inform you as to when we will be offering the admission letter or if we require some additional information, we will write to you.
6) I missed the last date for sending in my application. Can I still apply?
Sorry, we do not entertain any applications after the last date for submission.
7) What are the enclosures to be sent with the filled application form?
The enclosures to be sent with the duly filled application form are:
- Demand Draft, drawn from Scheduled bank , in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji – Goa, , for Rs 1500/- as registration Fee Photocopy of :-
- 10 th/ Equivalent Mark sheet
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or qualifying Examination
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
The duly filled in application form may be sent to
Chairman, Admission Committee
Directorate of Technical Education
Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521.
8) If one does not get Admit Card, whom should he contact?
Admit cards will not be sent to candidates. These will be uploaded on website. Candidates need to download the Admit Card from the website only.
9) What is the eligibility criteria for Goa Common Entrance Test for B.Pharma?
The applicant should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std.XII th ) examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with English, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Mathematics/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology, and secured not less than 45% marks in the aggregate of subjects of Physics & Chemistry with one of the following subjects Mathematics/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology. (40% for the applicants belonging to SC, ST and OBC only).
10) Can students of Arts and Commerce (class XII) having Mathematics and English as their subjects apply for the B.Pharm course?
No, a student of Arts/Commerce having Mathematics and English can notapply in the B.Pharm course on the condition.
11) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
12) Can the students who have cleared their 10 + 2 level examination before 2017 also apply?
Yes students who have passed their 10 + 2 level examinations before 2017 and satisfy the eligibility conditions can apply for this course.
13) What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for the B.Pharma through GCET ?
There is no minimum age bar for the student to apply For the B.Pharma course .
14) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
Yes. Diploma holders are eligible to apply for the program.
15) I am applying for GCET(B.Pharma). I am appearing in XII (Qualifying exam). My result is not yet declared. I don’t have any percentage to fill in the columns asking for percentage. What should I do?
Leave blank, if appearing / result not declared.
16) Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
The admission brochure will be available . However, please refer to the website regularly for updates and notifications.
17) Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
18) For how long is the GCET B.Pharma score valid?
The GCET B.Pharma score is valid for just one year.
19) How will one know the result of the GCET B.Pharma?
The result of GCET B.Pharma will be uploaded on the official website as per schedule.
20) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
- The merit list shall be based on aggregate marks scored at GCET in the subjects of Physics and Chemistry.
- In case the above marks of two or more applicants are equal, applicant with more marks in GCET Chemistry shall be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in GCET in Chemistry are also equal, applicant with more aggregate marks in Physics and Chemistry at the qualifying examination (Std.XII th ) will be placed higher in the merit list. In case of tie at this stage, applicant scoring more marks in Chemistry at the qualifying examination (Std.XII th ) will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If all the above are also equal, then the applicant with earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the order of merit.
21) Can a candidate change his allocated college for admission?
No, seat once allocated will not be changed.
22) What documents are required at the time of Joining/ Reporting in allotted Medical / Dental College?
Original documents (along with attested photocopies of documents) for admission to under-graduate medical courses for admission as mentioned below.
- Admit Cards of Exam issued by Director of Technical Education.
- Result/ Rank letter issued by DTE.
- Date of Birth Certificate (if Metric Certificate does not bear the same)
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 10+2 Certificate
- Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
- Eight (8) Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.
- Provisional allotment letter generated on-line.
- Proof of identity.
23) What does the Counselling process comprises of?
Counselling for GCET will be conducted in the beginning of June until July by DTE. To participate in counselling, candidates need to first fill and submit the Form BAMS before the already notified date. Counselling for GCET will be conducted purely on the basis of the merit list prepared by the DTE.
24) Are the colleges where the seats are allocated fixed?
The colleges where the reserved seats are allocated may vary from year to year.
25) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
26) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
27) How To Download My Seat Allotment Order?
The provisional seat allotment order of candidates can be downloaded from official website after web counseling option entry.