Goa Common Entrance Test-B.Sc(Nursing) (Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of basic concepts from your school books
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering a maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Download Application Form|
|Step 2||Complete the Application Form|
|Step 3||Attach Copy of Documents|
Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) 2017 News and Updates
The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa conducts Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) for the admission to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing) course. The candidates can check the detailed selection and counselling process here. Selection Process: - The candidates need to take ...Read more
Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) 2017
Goa Common Entrance Test- B.Sc(Nursing), a State Level entrance test is conducted by Government of Goa every year to select bright students from different parts of our country. Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa, has prepared this prospectus for admissions to the First Year of Professional Degree courses in the State of Goa. The information given herein pertains to Common Entrance Test and admission procedure applicable to the Government, Government-aided and un-aided colleges in Goa offering Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Architecture, Dentistry, Engineering, Medicine (Allopathy, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda), Pharmacy, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing at Institute of Nursing Education.
Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) 2017 Conducting Body
Goa Common Entrance Test conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. Directorate of Training and Technical Education is entrusted with the responsibility of providing trained technical manpower for the technological up gradation of industrial production, services, productivity, and innovation, contributing to the planned growth of the country's economy. With a view to achieving the above objective, Department strives for systematic planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmers and policies relating to technical/vocational education. With the stress on the planned and systematic expansion for the appropriate industrial growth of the National Capital Territory of Delhi, particularly in the context of glottalization and liberalization of the economy, this Department has made significant strides in the field of technical and vocational education. Directorate of Technical Education.
Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) Contact Details
|Address||Chairman, Admission Committee Directorate of Technical Education Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521.|
|Phone no||(0832) 2416370|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
Goa CET-B.Sc(Nursing) FAQ
1) What is GCET?
A Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa for the candidates seeking admission to first year degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture in various colleges in Goa.
2) Once I apply what will happen?
Once you send in your application along with the required documents and application fee, we will register it and allot an application number. Application number will be informed to you by e.mail. In the e.mail, we will also inform you as to when we will be offering the admission letter or if we require some additional information, we will write to you.
3) What are the enclosures to be sent with the filled application form?
The enclosures to be sent with the duly filled application form are:
- Demand Draft, drawn from Scheduled bank , in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji – Goa, , for Rs 1500/- as registration Fee Photocopy of :
- 10 th/ Equivalent Mark sheet
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or qualifying Examination
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
The duly filled in application form may be sent to
Chairman, Admission Committee
Directorate of Technical Education
Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521.
4) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form?
The candidate must have:
- Hard copy of the filled-in form.
- Fee receipt detail
- Auto generated ID and Password.
5) When will I get my Admit Card?
The admit card will be available on the website of GCET only from first week of May (onwards). The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website.However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.
6) I missed the last date for sending in my application. Can I still apply?
Sorry, we do not entertain any applications after the last date for submission.
7) What is the eligibility criteria for Goa Common Entrance Test for B.Sc(Nursing)?
Applicants should have passed HSSC (qualifying exam) in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, and obtained minimum 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for General Category, (40% aggregate marks in subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology for candidates belonging to SC,ST and OBC category).
8) What about the duration of B.Sc(Nursing) course?
Duration of course is four years includes internship.
9) I obtained 44.99% - am I eligible?
No, 45% means Director of Technical Education Srictly 45.00% or above.
10) I have secured 48% in PCM / PCB in qualifying examination, but in 2016 I am appearing for the Improvement Examination, can I apply?
Yes, you can apply, but at the time of counselling you should produce the proof that you have secured 45% aggregate in PCM / PCB.
11) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for GCET B.Sc(Nursing)?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for GCET B.Sc(Nursing) .
12) May I use calculator in the examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
13) What do I need to carry inside examination hall?
You are allowed to carry only pen or pencil into the exam centre. The entry of mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth device or any electronic device is strictly prohibited. You are also required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof at the registration desk.
14) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
15) For how long is the GCET B.Sc(Nursing)score valid?
The GCET B.Sc(Nursing) score is valid for just one year.
16) How will one know the result of the GCET B.Sc(Nursing)?
The result of GCET B.Sc(Nursing) will be uploaded on the official website as per schedule.
17) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
The merit list shall be based on aggregate marks of GCET in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- There shall be no minimum marks for BHMS, BAMS, AHS & Nursing.
- In case the above marks of two or more applicants are equal, applicant with more marks in Biology at GCET shall be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in Biology are also equal, applicant with more marks in Chemistry at GCET will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks at GCET-2016 in Chemistry are also equal, applicant with higher aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at qualifying exam (Std.XII th ) will be placed higher in merit list.
- In case of tie at this stage, applicants securing more marks in Biology at qualifying exam (Std. XII th ) will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case marks in Biology in qualifying exam are also equal, applicant with higher marks in Chemistry at qualifying exam(Std. XII th ) will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If all the above are also equal, then the applicant with earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the order of merit.
18) How many Seats are covered under the GCET B.Sc(Nursing) Entrance test ?
There are 100 seats covered under the GCET B.Sc(Nursing) Entrance test .
19) Can a candidate change his allocated college for admission?
No, seat once allocated will not be changed.
20) What documents are required at the time of Joining/ Reporting in allotted Medical / Dental College?
Original documents (along with attested photocopies of documents) for admission to under-graduate medical courses for admission as mentioned below.
- Admit Cards of Exam issued by Director of Technical Education.
- Result/ Rank letter issued by DTE.
- Date of Birth Certificate (if Metric Certificate does not bear the same)
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 10+2 Certificate
- Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
- Eight (8) Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.
- Provisional allotment letter generated on-line.
- Proof of identity.
21) What does the Counselling process comprises of?
Counselling for GCET will be conducted in the beginning of June until July by DTE. To participate in counselling, candidates need to first fill and submit the Form B.sc nursing before the already notified date. Counselling for GCET will be conducted purely on the basis of the merit list prepared by the DTE.
22) Are the colleges where the seats are allocated fixed?
The colleges where the reserved seats are allocated may vary from year to year.
23) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
24) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place