How to Prepare
GPAT- M.Pharmacy 2016 Question Paper Format
GPAT- M.Pharmacy 2016
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session.The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score.
GPAT- M.Pharmacy 2016 Conducting Body
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Technical education in India contributes a major share to the overall education system and plays a vital role in the social and economic development of our nation. In India, technical education is imparted at various levels such as craftsmanship, diploma, degree, post-graduate and research in specialized fields, catering to various aspects of technological development and economic progress.
GPAT- M.Pharmacy Contact Details
|Address||All India Council For Technical Education 7th Floor, Chanderlok Building Janpath, New Delhi-110 001|
GPAT- M.Pharmacy FAQ
1) GATE for Pharmaceutical Science and GPAT are Different or Same?
Previously GATE(Graduate Aptitude test in engineering) conducted for pharmacy up to 2009 as code PY GATE. Now, from 2010 GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude test)is started. (PY GATE = GPAT.)
2) What is GPAT online?
GPAT Online is an Online Learning Solutions Specially designed and prepared for studying GPAT / NIPER Examinations.
3) Where do I pay my fees?
Candidates are appearing for the test in India are required to pay registration fee either by Online (Credit / Debit cards / Net banking).
4) Can I use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s email address when registering for GPAT?
No, you need to have a valid and unique email address for yourself which you will be using at least for the next eight months.
5) Can I pay the fees through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque or Cash? Where do I pay my fees?
No. Fees cannot be paid through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque. It can be paid through online or Cash at any of the SBI branches. For making the cash payment, you need to generate Challan through the portal and visit the nearest SBI bank on the next day of challan generation to pay the cash.
6) Can I choose a test city?
Yes, you can select up-to 3 cities in India giving the order of preference towards your test city. The first choice of the city will be given due consideration and weightage. However, actual allotment as per order of choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
7) Will the Admit Card be sent to me as a hard copy by mail?
No. Apart from the ADMIT CARD made available ONLINE on the website, the admit card will be sent to the email address provided by you. It is, therefore, mandatory for you to have a valid email account throughout the selection process. Note: Admit Card is a mandatory requirement in order to take the test. You must bring a print out of your Admit Card to the test centre.
8) Does the name need to match with the names appearing on the identification documents?
Your name needs to be exactly identical to the name on your Xth Mark sheet or equivalent for candidates appearing for GPAT.
Note: - If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, you must show the relevant document such as Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Legal Name Change Document and submit a photocopy at the time of the examination of GPAT and interview and at the time of joining a programme at institutes.
9) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
10) After submission of GPAT registration fee, can I cancel my application and apply for the refund of fee?
Under no circumstances, cancellation of application and refund of fee will be allowed.
11) If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time.
12) What is the identification documents required to be carried to the test centre?
Candidates appearing for the test in India will need to bring the following identification documents on the test day:
- Self Attested Copy of GPAT 2017. Admit Card with recent passport size photo pasted on it.
- At least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification.
- The name on your photo identification must match your name as entered in the GPAT application. Acceptable forms of photo identification types are limited to Driver's license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, UID card or a notarized Affidavit (in English) with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if photo identification is not presented. SC/ST candidates are required to bring the valid caste certificate in Original and an Attested photocopy.
- Physically Disabled candidates are required to bring the valid Disability certificate in Original and an Attested photocopy. Attestation can be done by Institute head also.
Note: You will have to store all other personal items at the test centre at your own risk. Please do not bring any other items to the test centre, as they are not permitted into the testing centre.
13) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phones, calculators, etc.
14) How do I get my Admit Card, whom should I contact?
You need to login on the official website using your username & password and select "Admit Card" to print your Admit Card directly from the website. In case you are unable to take the printout, you may seek the help of Call Centre / Helpdesk at the following contact: 022-66258304.
15) Can I make any changes to my postal address after I have submitted my application form?
No, Once you submitted your application form, there is no way to change your information.
16) I am a PWD candidate with low vision/blindness / cerebral palsy. What special accommodation will be provided to me on the test day?
Visually Impaired and Cerebral Palsy candidates will be allowed to bring a Scribe/ Reader as per scribe form mentioned on the GPAT website. Scribe facility can also be provided by AICTE if the candidate so opts for that. Candidate will be given an opportunity to interact with the scribe a day before the examination. After meeting with the identified scribe, the candidate will be required to submit an undertaking. You will also be provided with a time extension of one hour for computer based test.
17) Can I give GPAT exam via paper pencil mode later in case I missed the Online examination?
GPAT is a computer based online exam scheduled on 28th January 2017. 29th January 2017 is a reserved day. It cannot be taken in paper-pencil mode.
18) I am 35 years old, B.pharm degree holder. should I eligible for GPAT ?
Yes, any person from pharmacy professional (degree holder)can appear for the examination of GPAT. Currently there is no age limit for appearing GPAT Examination.
19) Do I have any breaks during the test?
No, you will not be given any breaks during the test.
20) If I complete my exam before three hours, can I leave early?
No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled three hours of the exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.
21) Will I be provided with any scratch paper for rough work and calculations during the test?
At the test centre, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room. On completion of the test, candidates will have to hand back all the scratch paper to the Administrator.
22) What will be the time extension given to Visually Impaired or Cerebral Palsy candidates?
Visually Impaired or Cerebral Palsy Candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test, thus for 3-hour test, you will get a total of 'One Hour' extra.
23) I am a Nepali student studying in B. Pharmacy final year in India. Can I appear in GPAT examination?
Yes, you can appear in GPAT examination but your admission into a postgraduate course in pharmacy and scholarship will be governed by the rules/norms set by MHRD, Government of India.
24) Am I eligible for registration for Ph. D. after qualifying in GPAT examination?
Although the GPAT score card is valid only for one year but is for the purpose of obtaining the scholarship in M. Pharmacy course. After completing M. Pharm Degree if someone is interested in getting registered for Ph.D. degree then GPAT scorecard is valid beyond one year and the applicant need not appear in Ph.D. entrance/eligibility examination conducted by Indian universities.
25) How to calculate GPAT score?
GPAT score calculation depends on percentile score. this score is the calculation based on the number of candidates appears in exam and candidates rank in GPAT. GPAT score card given to only GPAT qualified candidates.
26) For getting admission in NIPER, GPAT valid score is necessary?
Yes, valid GPAT score requires for the admission in National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and research (NIPER).
27) Will I get to see my scores on the test day?
No.you cannot see your scores on the test day.
28) Which universities/institutes will consider GPAT scores for admission?
All AICTE approved Institutes / Departments of Universities are expected to accept GPAT scores. The specific notifications issued by Universities and State Governments are available at GPAT website.
29) Will there be a sectional cut off in the examination?
No. there is no sectional cut off in the GPAT examination.
30) I belong to SC/ST category. How many seats in M. Pharmacy are reserved for SC/ST category students? or If I qualify in GPAT Examination then am I assured of scholarship in M. Pharmacy?
Qualifying in GPAT examination with a score card reading “Qualified for scholarship and admission into M. Pharmacy” is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting a scholarship in M. Pharmacy. Qualifying in GPAT has nothing to do with reservation policy for admission in M. Pharmacy courses. Seats of M. Pharmacy are reserved as per state/central government policy. Scholarship to the GPAT qualified candidates would be given by AICTE as per the rules/norms prevailing at that time.