Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test(LLM) (GNDU CET - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
GNDU CET 2016 Question Paper Format
GNDU CET 2016
Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test for admission to LLM course is to be conducted across the country by the Guru Nanak Dev University. The Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar invites applications every year from eligible candidates for admission in its new academic year during the month of June for numerous Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses offered at its campus and associated institutes and colleges.
GNDU CET 2016 Conducting Body
Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969 to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasised that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology
GNDU CET Contact Details
|Address||Grand Trunk Rd, Off NH 1, Amritsar, Punjab 143005.|
|Phone no||+91-183-2258802-09, +91-183-2450601-14, Extn. 3019|
GNDU CET FAQ
1) Tell me about Guru Nanak Dev University(GNDU)?
Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969 to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasised that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
2) Where is GNDU(Guru Nanak Dev University)?
Guru Nanak Dev University Grand Trunk Road, Off NH1, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
3) How do I get the application form for admission?
For filling up application form online can be accessed at official website.The candidates shall fill up online the application form very carefully. They are required to fill up all the applicable columns with utmost care. They are advised to remember their ‘password’ as the same may be needed at the time of counselling.
4) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
5) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the admission read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about GNDU application”.
6) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
7) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of Guru Nanak Dev University.
8) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
9) When shall I receive the GNDU CET LLM admit card?
You can download admit card from first week of July. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.
10) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, GNDU Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
11) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
12) If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time
13) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
14) What are the eligibility criteria for taking GNDU CET LLM ?
L.L.B (Professional) Degree of Guru nanak Dev University or any other University/Institution recognized as equivalent with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all the three years/five years as the case may be.
15) Am I eligible with 54.99 % in LLB? (Candidate Category - General)
No, refer official website for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement.
16) I have secured an eligible rank in the GNDU LLM entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 54% in qualifying examination. Can I attend counselling?
No. For admission to LLM, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 55% in the qualifying examination".
17) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
18) If I complete my exam before two hours, can I leave early?
No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled two hours of exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.
19) Is it possible to alter the sequence of answering the sections?
No. Sections are taken in the order that they appear in the test book. Candidates are allowed to work only on the section being timed by the invigilators, at any given point of time. Candidates are not permitted to go back to an earlier section or go forward to a later section, even if they finish before the section time is called.
20) Will I get to see my scores on the test day?
No.you cannot see your scores on the test day.
21) Is GNDU CET (LLM) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
22) For how long is the GNDU CET (LLM) score valid?
The GNDU CET (LLM) score is valid for just one year.
23) How many Seats are covered under the GNDU CET (LLM)Entrance test ?
There are 40 seats covered under the GNDU CET (LLM) Entrance test .
24) What is the fee structure for LLM program at Guru Nanak Dev University ?
Fee (Approximate) Rs. Rs.20220/- .
25) Guru nanak dev university approved by the Government ?
G.N.D.U. is both a residential and an affiliating university.The National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited. The university at the five star level.
26) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
27) Do all students get hostel facilities?
- All rights of admission to the hostels are reserved with the Dean Students Welfare. Application for admission, on the prescribed Form, available in the offices of the wardens, accompanied by two passport size photographs, attested by the Head of the Department will be made in the students own handwriting and personally submitted to the warden of the hostel. Local students from within a radius of 40 kilometers (25 kilometers in case of girls), evening students, employees and part-time students are not eligible for admission to the hostel. Admission to hostel will be sought afresh in every academic session. Research Fellows are treated at par with other students.
- As the number of seats in the hostels is limited, accommodation in hostel shall not be available to all the applicants. The students are advised to make alternative arrangements for their stay outside the campus in that case.
28) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
29) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place