How to Prepare
GNDU CET (MCA) 2018 Question Paper Format
Tentative GNDU CET (MCA) 2018 Exam Dates
|Registration End Date||Jun 30, 2018|
|Test Date||Jul 09, 2018|
|Test Results Date||Jul 13, 2018|
GNDU CET (MCA) 2018
Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test(MCA) is to be conducted across the country by the Guru Nanak Dev University. The Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar invites applications every year from eligible candidates for admission in its new academic year during the month of July for numerous Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses offered at its campus and associated institutes and colleges.
Admission Based on the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Coordinator, Dr. Hardeep Singh, Prof. Dept. of Comp. Sc. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
GNDU CET (MCA) 2018 Conducting Body
Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test(MCA) is to be conducted by Guru Nanak Dev University. Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969, to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasized that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
GNDU CET (MCA) Contact Details
|Address||Grand Trunk Rd, Off NH 1, Amritsar, Punjab 143005|
|Phone no||+91-183-2258802-09, +91-183-2450601-14, Extn. 3019|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
GNDU CET (MCA) FAQ
1) Where is GNDU(Guru Nanak Dev University)?
Guru Nanak Dev University Grand Trunk Road, Off NH1, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
2) How do I get the application form for admission?
For filling up application form online can be accessed at official website.The candidates shall fill up online the application form very carefully. They are required to fill up all the applicable columns with utmost care. They are advised to remember their ‘password’ as the same may be needed at the time of counselling.
3) What is Admission Procedure for GNDU CET(M.C.A)?
Admission shall be Based on the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Coordinator, Dr. Hardeep Singh, Prof. Dept. of Comp. Sc. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
4) Tell me about Guru Nanak Dev University(GNDU)?
Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969 to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasised that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
5) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
6) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
7) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of Guru Nanak Dev University.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
10) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
11) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, GNDU Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
12) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
13) If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time.
14) Do I need to submit an affidavit and documentary proof for the category I’m applying under for admission?
You have to attach it if you are applying under these two categories Muslim OBC and Muslim SC/ST .
15) What are the eligibility criteria for taking GNDU CET M.C.A ?
BBA/B.com./B.com.(Professional)/B.Sc.(Hons.)Economics or Graduate in any stream with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Sciences/Computer Applications/IT/Computer Maintenance/ Quantitative Techniques as one of the elective subjects with 50% marks(45% for SC/ST) in aggregate or any equivalent degree thereto.
Bachelor's degree in any stream with 50% marks(45% for SC/ST) in aggregate with Mathematics as an elective subject at +2 level.
16) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
17) I am doing final semester BBA course. Whether I am eligible to apply for GNDU CET - MCA course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 50% marks altogether.
18) What is the duration of these MCA courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
19) Any evening batch for this MCA courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this MCA courses.
20) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for GNDU CET MCA?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
21) What is Normalization process ?
Normalization of marks will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination for students graduating from the Universities of Punjab. There will be no normalization of marks for students graduating from other Universities or Institutes.
Normalization for admission to P.G. Courses will be carried out as follows :
Normalized marks =Marks obtained by the candidate x 100 / Marks obtained by the topper of the University in the stream in which the candidate qualified.
22) For how long is the GNDU CET (M.C.A) score valid?
The GNDU CET (M.C.A) score is valid for just one year.
23) Which colleges are covered under Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test(M.C.A)?
Availabe at the following :-
- DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE(GNDU)
- Guru Nanak Dev University College, Jalandhar
- AmardeepSinghShergillMemorialCollege,Mukandpur(A ConstituentCollege of GNDU).
24) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for M.C.A?
The annual fee structure for M.com:-
- DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE(GNDU):-
- Fee Structure is :-Rs.97965/-
- Guru Nanak Dev University College, Jalandhar:-
- Fee Structure is :-Rs.97965/-
- AmardeepSinghShergillMemorialCollege,Mukandpur(A ConstituentCollege of GNDU).:-
- Fee Structure is :-Rs.97965/-
25) Guru nanak dev university approved by the Government ?
G.N.D.U. is both a residential and an affiliating university.The National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited. The university at the five star level.
26) What is the intake capacity of Guru Nanak Dev University?
60 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.C.A Course.
27) Do all students get hostel facilities?
- All rights of admission to the hostels are reserved with the Dean Students Welfare. Application for admission, on the prescribed Form, available in the offices of the wardens, accompanied by two passport size photographs, attested by the Head of the Department will be made in the students own handwriting and personally submitted to the warden of the hostel. Local students from within a radius of 40 kilometers (25 kilometers in case of girls), evening students, employees and part-time students are not eligible for admission to the hostel. Admission to hostel will be sought afresh in every academic session. Research Fellows are treated at par with other students.
- As the number of seats in the hostels is limited, accommodation in hostel shall not be available to all the applicants. The students are advised to make alternative arrangements for their stay outside the campus in that case.
28) I am SC/ST Category students how many number of seats covered for M.C.A in Guru Nanak Dev University?
15 seats are filled up SC/ST students every year in the First year of M.C.A Course.
29) What are Guru Nanak Dev University rules for attendance?
75% Attendance in theory and practical separately in each paper is mandatory.
Note:- If a student does not attend the classes continuously for fifteen days without any information to the Head of the Department concerned, his/her name is liable to be struck off the rolls of the Department. He/she may seek re-admission giving valid reason for his/her absence within next fifteen days failing which he/she will forfeit the right of re-admission.
30) I am BC Category students how many number of seats covered for M.C.A in Guru Nanak Dev University?
06 seats are filled up BC students every year in the First year of M.C.A Course.