Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test (M.Com) (GNDU CET (M.Com ) - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering a maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Create login id|
|Step 2||Payment of Fee|
|Step 3||Complete the application Form|
GNDU CET (M.Com ) 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
GNDU CET (M.Com ) 2017
Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test (M.Com) is to be conducted across the country by the Guru Nanak Dev University. The Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar invites applications every year from eligible candidates for admission in its new academic year during the month of July for numerous Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses offered at its campus and associated institutes and colleges.
Admission will be based on the merit of the candidate in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Department of Commerce, GNDU, Amritsar.
GNDU CET (M.Com ) 2017 Conducting Body
Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test (M.Com) is to be conducted by Guru Nanak Dev University. Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969, to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasized that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
GNDU CET (M.Com ) Contact Details
|Address||Grand Trunk Rd, Off NH 1, Amritsar, Punjab 143005|
|Phone no||+91-183-2258802-09, +91-183-2450601-14, Extn. 3019|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
GNDU CET (M.Com ) FAQ
1) Tell me about Guru Nanak Dev University(GNDU)?
Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969 to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasised that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
2) Where is GNDU(Guru Nanak Dev University)?
Guru Nanak Dev University Grand Trunk Road, Off NH1, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
3) How do I get the application form for admission?
For filling up application form online can be accessed at official website.The candidates shall fill up online the application form very carefully. They are required to fill up all the applicable columns with utmost care. They are advised to remember their ‘password’ as the same may be needed at the time of counselling.
4) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
5) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the admission read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about GNDU application”.
6) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
7) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of Guru Nanak Dev University.
8) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
9) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
10) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, GNDU Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
11) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
12) If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time.
13) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
14) What are the eligibility criteria for taking GNDU CET M.Com ?
- Bachelor of Commerce(Regular, Hons., Professional)/Business Administration with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).
- Any other examination recognized equivalent thereto.
15) Am I eligible with 49.99 % in M.com? (Candidate Category - General)
No, refer official website for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement .
16) What is the duration of M.Com Programme?
M.Com is two years full time program equally divided into four semesters.
17) I have completed my Bachelor degree, result is still awaited what document can I upload?
You can upload the scanned copy of the latest mark sheet.
18) Can I complete a two-year or three-year course in one academic year?
No, You are not allowed .
19) What is Normalization process ?
Normalization of marks will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination for students graduating from the Universities of Punjab. There will be no normalization of marks for students graduating from other Universities or Institutes.
Normalization for admission to P.G. Courses will be carried out as follows :-
Normalized marks =Marks obtained by the candidate x 100 / Marks obtained by the topper of the University in the stream in which the candidate qualified.
20) For how long is the GNDU CET (M.Com) score valid?
The GNDU CET (M.Com) score is valid for just one year.
21) Which colleges are covered under Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test(M.Com)?
Availabe at the following :-
- DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE(GNDU)
- GNDU Regional Campus, Gurdaspur
- Guru Nanak Dev University College, Near Govt. College of Education,Ladowali Road, Jalandhar
- ASSM College, Mukandpur.
22) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for M.Com?
The annual fee structure for M.com:-
- DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE(GNDU):-
- Fee Structure is :-Rs.30465/-
- GNDU Regional Campus, Gurdaspur:-
- Fee Structure is :-Rs.18415/-
- Guru Nanak Dev University College, Jalandhar:-
- Fee Structure is :-Rs.30465/-
23) Guru nanak dev university approved by the Government ?
G.N.D.U. is both a residential and an affiliating university.The National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited. The university at the five star level.
24) What is the intake capacity of Guru Nanak Dev University?
120 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.Com. Course.
25) Do all students get hostel facilities?
- All rights of admission to the hostels are reserved with the Dean Students Welfare. Application for admission, on the prescribed Form, available in the offices of the wardens, accompanied by two passport size photographs, attested by the Head of the Department will be made in the students own handwriting and personally submitted to the warden of the hostel. Local students from within a radius of 40 kilometers (25 kilometers in case of girls), evening students, employees and part-time students are not eligible for admission to the hostel. Admission to hostel will be sought afresh in every academic session. Research Fellows are treated at par with other students.
- As the number of seats in the hostels is limited, accommodation in hostel shall not be available to all the applicants. The students are advised to make alternative arrangements for their stay outside the campus in that case.
26) I am SC/ST Category students how many number of seats covered for M.Com in Guru Nanak Dev University?
30 seats are filled up SC/ST students every year in the First year of M.Com. Course.
27) What are Guru Nanak Dev University rules for attendance?
75% Attendance in theory and practical separately in each paper is mandatory.
Note:- If a student does not attend the classes continuously for fifteen days without any information to the Head of the Department concerned, his/her name is liable to be struck off the rolls of the Department. He/she may seek re-admission giving valid reason for his/her absence within next fifteen days failing which he/she will forfeit the right of re-admission.
28) I am BC Category students how many number of seats covered for M.Com in Guru Nanak Dev University?
06 seats are filled up BC students every year in the First year of M.Com. Course.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place