How to Prepare
IBSAT is a computer-based test, which is conducted at various test centers across India every year. ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is conducted for admission to MBA programmes offered at 9 IBS campuses located at Dehradun, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
IBSAT 2015 Conducting Body
IBSAT is an aptitude test conducted by ICFAI Business School. Since its inception in 1995, IBS has been one of the best B-Schools in the country, providing excellent academic delivery and infrastructure to its students. At IBS, students are not just offered innovative and globally accepted programmes but they are also exposed to great opportunities for all-round development. The objective of IBS is to transform its students into leaders of the future. IBS campuses are located at Dehradun, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. They offer two-year, full-time management programmes to prepare the students for successful corporate careers.
IBSAT Contact Details
|Address||IBS Admission Office Plot No. 65, Nagarjuna Hills Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082 Telangana|
|Phone no||040 – 23440963|
1) What is the eligibility criterion for MBA/PGPM programme?
- Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks (as calculated by respective University) with medium of instruction as English.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2018.
- Applicants in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements (including practical examinations / viva / assignments) before May 31, 2018.
2) I have the scores of NMAT by GMAC™, can I apply for admission in IBS?
Yes. Apart from IBSAT entrance examination, students can get admission in IBS through CAT/GMAT/NMAT by GMAC scores.
3) How to apply for the programmes of IBS?
The candidates who wish to pursue MBA/PGPM/P.hD programme have to appear for IBSAT2017 Test scheduled in the month of December 2017 or can apply with scores from 2015 onwards of CAT/GMAT®/ NMAT by GMAC™.
Ph.D applicants: IBS Alumni/M.Phil degree holders/candidates qualified in UGC NET are exempted from IBSAT 2017. However, they have to attend the selection process scheduled in March 2018. These candidates have to submit the relevant certificates for verification.
4) Where do I get the IBSAT 2017 Application?
- Online application is available at www.admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2017/registration
- After successful transaction, candidates will receive a mail/SMS with details of application number and password.
Offline Application is available at our 50 IBS FTP Branches across India, to find the nearest branch at your location visit @ http://www.ibsindia.org/contact_us/
5) What is the cost of the application?
The application cost is Rs.1800/-
6) How can a candidate access Mock Tests?
Mock Tests will be provided for the candidates to familiarize with IBSAT 2017 test. These mock tests will be available on ibsindia.org from September 2017 onwards.
7) What is the last date for applying for IBSAT 2017?
The last date for applying for IBSAT 2017 is December 12, 2017.
8) What is the last date for applying with CAT/ GMAT® / NMAT by GMAC TM score?
The last date for applying with CAT / GMAT / NMAT by GMAC™ score is January 31, 2018.
9) My CAT / GMAT / NMAT test results will be announced only in January 2018. Can I still apply?
Yes, you have to apply before January 31, 2018. However, you have provision to update your scores online on or before January 31, 2018. On updation of scores, Selection process call letter will be issued in the month of January 2018.
10) What is the fee structure of IBS programmes?
MBA / PGPM Programme:
- IBS Hyderabad: Rs. 6.250 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur: Rs. 2.55 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Mumbai, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Kolkata, IBS Pune : Rs.3.63 lakhs per annum.
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/ MRO / Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
- Ph.D Programme: Rs. 1.3 Lakhs per annum.
- Full-Time Ph.D students have to pay only Rs. 40,000 towards admission fee. They get full waiver of tution fee of Rs. 60,000 per semester for 8 semesters subject to academic performance.
11) What is the pattern of IBSAT test or it is similar to the CAT or the GMAT?
IBSAT is an aptitude test. The duration of the exam is two hours. The paper is divided into four sections Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation.
IBSAT paper has 140 questions in total which are multiple choice questions
Verbal Ability : 50
Reading Comprehension : 30
Quantitative Aptitude : 30
Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation : 30
12) Is IBSAT 2017 Test a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
Yes. IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to all programs of IBS at 95 test centers all over India. It is 2 hr computer based test. IBSAT 2017 test is scheduled from December 21-24, 2017.
13) When will the IBSAT 2017 results be declared?
The IBSAT 2017 results will be declared on January 02, 2018.
14) Does AICTE/UGC recognize IBS programs?
- IBS Hyderabad is a constituent of IFHE (ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education), a Deemed –to-be- University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- IBS Dehradun & IBS Jaipur campuses are recognized by UGC & their respective State Legislatures.
- IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bangalore, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai, IBS Pune are independent professional institutes offers PGPM. They are neither affiliated to nor are off-campus centers of any university.
15) What is Selection Briefings?
The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS. Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from Jan 13 – 17, 2018.
16) When is the selection process conducted?
Candidates qualified based on IBSAT2017/ CAT/GMAT®/NMAT by GMACTM are called for the Selection process at IBS Hyderabad campus scheduled from February 20-26, 2018.
17) What does the selection process comprise of?
- Group Discussion
- Personal interview
18) Is hostel accommodation available for the students?
Hostel facility is not available at IBS campuses (except at IBS Hyderabad). However campus administration will assist the students in getting a suitable off campus accommodation near by the campus. The living expenses in these cities vary from Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000 per month.
At IBS Hyderabad
The MBA program: Residential program. The students will be allotted non-A/c Single rooms with common wash room facility. The accommodation and mess expenses have to be borne by the student.
Ph.D (Full Time): Free single on-campus accommodation will be provided in the first year. The candidates are allotted individual non-AC rooms with a common wash room facility.
19) Is there any financial assistance for IBS Programs?
The candidates selected for IBS Programs avail educational loans from Public / Private Sector Banks.
IBS has entered into MOUs with the following financial institutions:
- CREDILLA Financial Services
- AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
20) Is placements guaranteed to IBS students?
IBS has an impeccable track record of achieving good placements year on year. The best companies visit the campus every year. Placements for the year 2017 details visit http://ibsindia.org/final-placements/.