How to Prepare
IIFT Entrance Exam 2016 News and Updates
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) has published the admit cards on the official website for the entrance examination of its MBA (International Business) programme for the academic session 2017-19. The examination will take place on November 27, 2016. How to download IIFT MBA (IB) ...Read more
IIFT Entrance Exam 2016
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts an offline test every year for candidates who wish to pursue its flagship programme - Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA-IB). IIFT has institutes at two locations - Delhi and Kolkata. Its flagship programme is the Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA-IB) making IIFT the only institute among the top 10 B-schools of India to offer such a program.
MBA in International Business (MBA-IB)
1.Two-year MBA (International Business) - Full Time
2.Three-year MBA (International Business) - Weekend
IIFT Entrance Exam 2016 Conducting Body
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was established in the year 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organization to help professionalize the country's foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources; generating, analyzing and disseminating data; and conducting research. The Institute visualizes its role as: a catalyst for new ideas, concepts and skills for the internationalization of the Indian economy.
IIFT Entrance Exam Contact Details
|Address||1583 Madurdaha, Chowbagha Road, Ward No 108, Borough XII, Kolkata 700107|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
IIFT Entrance Exam FAQ
1) What is the MBA (IB) Programme?
The MBA (IB) is a general management course with special emphasis on International Business. This means, besides doing a general MBA (as is done in other B-Schools), IIFT students are exposed to the international perspectives of various subjects by virtue if their doing courses like international marketing, international finance, international strategy and international brand management.
2) What are the specializations offered in the MBA (IB) Programme at IIFT?
The first year, consisting of three trimesters, is a core course which encompasses all the basic functional areas of management. In the third trimester students are taught the nuances of international aspects of these functional areas. The second year is when students get to choose their preferred area of specialization viz. marketing, finance, trading or systems and IT.
3) How can I register for IIFT Examination?
- Candidates need to register for IIFT examination. Candidates can apply in both Online and Offline mode.
- For online, candidates need to visit the page accessing the IIFT application form .
- Candidate must follow the instructions before applying and choose the category and fill the basic details.
- An application number will be allocated to the candidate, which should be noted. With that generated application number, the candidate need to login with a password and follow the instructions.
- While registering for test candidates need to pay the application fee. For Offline registration, candidates can buy, fill and submit the form at IIFT, Delhi campus.
4) What are the modes of payment?
- Payments can be done in both Online and Offline mode.
- Payment Mode:-
- Online Payment:-Payers can pay through VISA/Master Credit/Debit cards.
- Offline Payment:-
- Cash– Applicants can pay at any of the IIFT campus(Delhi & Kolkata)·
- Demand Draft– Candidate can pay through DD in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.Candidate who have paid through DD are advised to retain a photocopy for future reference. While paying for the application forms, candidates need to bring/attach the requisite Category Certificate along with application form.
5) Can I modify the data once I submit the application form?
No, data cannot be modified once it is submitted. For any urgent modifications, send a mail from your registered mail id mentioning your full name, application form no. and the details to be edited.
6) What is the eligibility criterion for IIFT ?
- Candidate should have obtained recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination can also apply subject to proof of prerequisite qualification.
7) What will be the mode of admission for IIFT ?
The admission test will be multiple choices objective type written test (in English). The exam pattern for IIFT examination consists of four following sections:
a) English Comprehension
b) General Knowledge & Awareness
c) Logical Reasoning
d) Quantitative Analysis
8) Apart from the admit card, which all documents are required to be carried by the candidate on the exam day?
With their admit card candidate should reach the venue of the exam centre with any of the following document, for appearing in the exam.
- Election I-card
- College I-card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
9) Is there any reservation available at IIFT?
Yes. Reservation is applicable in the admission process for SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped category candidates as per the Government of India rules.
10) What will happen to the allocated seats if I fail in the Bachelor’s degree examination?
Candidates who join the programme on provisional basis but cannot qualify in Bachelor’s degree examination is liable to be cancelled instantaneously. Such candidate should immediately inform the institute on declaration of his/her results. Admission of candidate will be cancelled, if they do not inform the institute about such situation.
11) How are the seats allotted to the candidates after IIFT examination?
The admission process for IIFT is categorized in two stages:
Stage 1- Short Listing of Candidate: After IIFT examination, candidates will be short listed on the basis of marks obtained in IIFT examination.
Stage 2- Final Selection: After short listing, candidates will be called for Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview to be held in January/February . The IIFT GD/PI will be held at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
12) What is the fee structure for MBA (IB) course in IIFT campus?
IIFT is offering MBA (IB) in two of its campuses, which are in Delhi and Kolkata. The detailed fee structure for IIFT Delhi is given below:
1 Tuition Fee :-Rs. 7,60,000/-
2 Hostel Fee:-
- Rs. 47,000/- (Triple Occupancy)·
- Rs. 57,000/- (Double Occupancy).
Note:-***SC/ST/PH Category will be given 50% concession in tuition fee.
13) What are the numbers of seat offered by IIFT Campus? Is there any reservation provision for admission?
The number of seats offered by the IIFT Delhi & Kolkata are:
1.IIFT Delhi- 220 seats
2.IIFT Kolkata- 140 seats Seats are reserved as per Government of India rules.
The reservations are subjected to the candidates meeting the admission requirements of the Institute under various reserved categories.
14) Who were the previous recruiters of IIFT batch?
Every year packages offered to the candidate lies between Rs. 12 to 20 Lakh per annum. In 2016, four students of IIFT were offered more than Rs. 1 crore salary packages. All the students of Delhi and Kolkata campuses were placed in 75 companies. The highest domestic salary package was of Rs. 29 lakh per annum and overall average salary was Rs. 18.01 lakh per annum. Candidates of IIFT get the jobs in different posts including International Marketing, Derivatives Trading, Investment Banking, Sales & Marketing etc. The main recruiters of 2016 were Wipro, Trident, Airtel, Axis Bank, Swiss Singapore, Synergy Consulting Inc, Tata Steel, Vodafone and many more.
15) Is the IB course fully residential?
Yes. The institute provides fully furnished accommodation on campus for all students. Needless to say, IIFT boasts of world class infrastructure that any B-School can provide.
16) How are the placements?
Every year the Institute boasts of 100% placements. In 2009, the institute was the first amongst all the major business schools in the country to complete 100% placements in spite of the recessionary situation. The 2010 final placements saw a 53% rise in the average salary levels with 100% placements as usual.
17) What is the scope for industry interface?
Industry interface at IIFT happens through seminars, conferences, corporate interactions and guest lectures. IIFT organizes seminars and conferences all through the year, recent events being the National Marketing Symposium on “Consumer Retention Route to Enhancing ROMI” in August 2010, and IIFT-NASSCOM National IT Symposium on “India 2015: Leveraging IT for Growth” in September 2010 in Delhi. The Corporate Interactions are held on a regular basis, and have included Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai, HSBC, Mr. Som Mittal, NASSCOM, Mr. Venu Srinivasan , TVS Motors and Mr. Sanjeev Aggarwal, Daksh, to name a few eminent guests. Guest lectures by eminent corporate personalities are also held for specific courses. All the above events, besides giving the students a lifetime opportunity of interacting with the leaders of business, also instill in them a great sense of inspiration and motivation. In addition, IIFT also organizes its Annual Management Festival “Quo Vadis” each November, which draws treme .
18) What are the co-curricular activities at IIFT?
IIFT comprises of 6 clubs viz. Cashonova (the finance club), Brandwagon (the marketing club), Blash (the trading club), Socrates (the consulting club) and Systemix (the business technology and telecom club). Besides these, the Corporate Relations Committee functions on bringing in eminent people from the corporate world for interactions with the students on a regular basis. The functioning of all the above clubs are coordinated by the apex student body of IIFT, the International Management Forum, popularly known as the IMF. Also, true to its tradition of being a quizzing powerhouse, IIFT has, for the intellectually oriented, its own quiz club Quintessential. IIFT also aims at grooming socially-conscious business leaders, which is why the CSR club Koshish has a large number of enthusiastic and active members. Most recently the students, with encouragement from the administration, have also set up an Entrepreneurship Cell and the Africa Business Cell to adequately leverage the student .
19) Give us some information on the Student Exchange Programme.
IIFT has affiliations with more than 15 renowned foreign universities in Europe, Canada, Africa & Asia Pacific. Every year students are selected to take part in the exchange programs. This offers a very good opportunity to gain trans-cultural exposure. The basis of selection of students for the Exchange Programme varies and is typically specified by the concerned university.
20) What is the Port Visit all about?
All the students of the MBA (IB) programme are compulsorily required to undertake a Port Visit (sea port). The purpose of this visit is to enable students to gain a hands-on experience of the practical aspects of international trade and business. Besides visiting various offices such as the Port office, Customs Offices, EPZs, etc. students also get an opportunity to interact with the people at the front line. Students are free to choose the port of their choice to visit. Port visits are usually undertaken at Mumbai, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Cochin, Singapore or Dubai .
21) Is IIFT a center for foreign trade?
IIFT was established in the year 1963 with the purpose of conducting courses on foreign trade for the civil servants. Also IIFT has always been known as an excellent centre for research on WTO and other related issues. Over the years IIFT has evolved from being a centre of foreign trade to a complete business school that now rests on a tripod: the MBA (International Business) programme, Research and MDPs. Gone are the days when a company had to be domestically competitive to survive internationally. Today, a firm has to be internationally competitive to survive domestically. The distinction between the internal and the external sector is fast diminishing. The MBA (IB) programme offered at IIFT is an integrated course which was designed with utmost foresight, keeping in mind the requirements of the constantly evolving global economy.