How to Prepare
IMUCET MBA 2017 Question Paper Format
IMUCET MBA 2017 News and Updates
Indian Maritime University (IMU) conducts Common Entrance Test (CET) for the admission to MBA programme. After the declaration of result, the candidates will be selected through a procedure followed by counselling process. Here is the detailed information about selection and counselling process ...Read more
Tentative IMUCET MBA 2017 Exam Dates
|Admit Card Start Date||May 28, 2017|
|Admit Card End Date||Jun 03, 2017|
|Test Date||Jun 04, 2017|
|Test Start Date||Jun 04, 2017|
|Test Results Date||Jun 08, 2017|
IMUCET MBA 2017
All admissions to the various UG and PG programmes of the Indian Maritime University, Chennai and its affiliated institutes will be through All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted every year, usually in the month of April.
The IMUCET MBA is conducted for the students who want to get admission in Master of Business Administration (MBA) course offered by the School of Maritime Management.
The duration of the MBA programme is two academic years consisting of four semesters. Each academic year shall be divided into two semesters. The odd semester is scheduled from August to January of each academic year and the even semesters from February to July of each academic year.
Specializations of MBA course offered by the School of Maritime Management are -
- MBA in Port and Shipping Management
- MBA in International Transportation and Logistics Management
IMUCET MBA 2017 Conducting Body
All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) are conducted by Indian Maritime University. The Indian Maritime University (IMU) was established on 14th November 2008 as a teaching-cum-affiliating university under the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, with Chennai as headquarters. There were 7 renowned legacy teaching-cum-research institutes under the Ministry of Shipping, and these were subsumed under the Indian Maritime University in November 2008. The 3 institutes in Mumbai, namely, the Training Ship Chanakya, the Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, and the Marine Engineering Research Institute became the Mumbai Campus of the Indian Maritime University. The 2 institutes in Kolkata, namely, the Marine Engineering Research Institute and the Indian Institute of Port Management became the Kolkata Campus of the University. The National Ship Design and Research Centre in Visakhapatnam and the National Maritime Academy in Chennai became the Visakhapatnam and Chennai Campuses of the University respectively. Post-November 2008, Kochi Campus was set up - in 2009. The University also has 36 Affiliated Institutes.
IMUCET MBA Contact Details
|Address||Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai – 600119|
|Phone no||+91 (44) 2453 0343 / 345|
IMUCET MBA FAQ
1) What is Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA examination?
All admissions to the various PG programmes of the Indian Maritime University and its Affiliated Institutes will be through All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted every year, usually in the month of April.
2) Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA examination is conducted by whom?
All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted by Indian Maritime University .
3) How can I register for IMU-CET MBA examination?
Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for IMU-CET MBA . Applicants must check the IMU-CET MBA Important Dates in Website.
Aspirants can register for the test till the Second week of May (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after IMU-CET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
4) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Application Fee is Rs. 1000 for (General candidates)
Rs. 700 for (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates).
5) Which modes the payment can be done?
The mode of application is online.
the candidates need to log on to the official website and click on the link named "apply Online'.There,a detailed application form for the exam of IMUCET shall open that the candidates need to fill in. It shall ask the candidates to fill in the following details.
Date of Birth
Candidates must then submit the completed application form .Then the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by entering the bank slip details.After successfully submit application form take print out of it by given button.Also, save it on your computer this is the proof of your filled application form Keep this form safe for future use.
6) When is Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test IMUCET MBA conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of JUNE. This year, the entrance test is being conducted in the First week of June.
7) Where will the exam centers be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted in 34 cities. The list of IMU-CET test centers can be obtained using the official link
8) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the Third week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the IMU-CET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from IMU-CET website.
9) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
10) Can a candidate apply for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA Test offline?
No, a candidate can apply only through online mode.
11) If I got Blank/Zero Registration No after submission of Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA application form then what I should do?
It means that the application form has not been submitted successfully and you are required to apply afresh.
12) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case, a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
13) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of the exam.
14) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On-line.
15) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
16) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund ?
No. you are not allowed.
17) Can I change my test center?
No, you cannot change the test center.
18) What is the mode of conduction of IMU-CET (MBA) Exam?
Online or Computer based examination.
19) What will be the medium of Online Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA examination?
The medium of examination is English.
20) What are the various Eligibility Norms of IMU-CET (MBA) Programme?
A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks from Recognized universities (45% marks in case of SC/ST)
21) What is Exam Pattern for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA ?
The IMUCET MBA Entrance Examination shall have 200 objective type multiple choice questions.
There will be four sections in the exam paper, each question carries one mark.
These sections are described as follows -
Total Duration:- 3 Hours
22) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
23) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking system.
24) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
25) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
26) What will happen in case there is some problem in computer during the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA examination?
There will be enough buffer systems available in the examination center to take care of such problems and time lost in the change of system will be duly taken care of as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
27) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA ?
Yes. Need-based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
28) When are Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on the official website .After 5 working days of the test.
29) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card after one Week of the test.
30) For how long is the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA score valid?
The IMU-CET score is valid for just one year.
31) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on IMU-CET University website.
32) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the scorecard later.
33) Is Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)-MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
34) What are the specializations offered at Indian Maritime University in MBA ?
Indian Maritime University offers the following specialization in:-
2-Year MBA (Port and ShippingManagement)
2-Year MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management).
35) What is the fee structure for the programs at IMUCET -MBA ?
Fees payable per semester (in Rs.)
MBA (Port &
36) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students in Indian Maritime University?
Based on the results of the immediate previous semester examination, the top rankers in each batch in all UG, as well as PG Degree Programmes, will get a ‘Performance-Based Reward’ of Rs.1.00 lakh per head subject to their getting at least 75% marks overall and subject to other conditions prescribed.
The total number of candidates in the order of merit (other than the toppers’) who will get a ‘Performance – based Reward’ of Rs. 75,000/- per head in each batch in each program.
37) What is the Reservation seats in Indian Maritime University ?
15% of the total seats available to Indian Nationals are reserved for eligible candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe and 27% Seats are reserved for Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL). A total of 3% of the seats is reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates wherever applicable.