How to Prepare
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT 2017 Question Paper Format
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT 2017 News and Updates
The Indraprastha University conducts the CET-BHMCT exam for admission to the Hotel Management and Catering Technology programmes offered by its affiliate colleges. Selection Process: Selection criteria for different colleges affiliated to the university may differ because of the varied ...Read more
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT 2017
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts the Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT exam for the admission to students in Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) course.. The programmes of studies are grouped together, on the basis of common syllabi (for CET), for the purpose of conduction of common entrance tests. If a programme or programme group is such that the admissions for them are not on the basis of a CET conducted by the University, then the CET code for that programme or programme group is treated as the Admission Code.
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT 2017 Conducting Body
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, commonly known as Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), has announced the application for admissions to it’s undergraduate courses. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, 'A' Grade accreditation with NAAC, established by Government of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998 read with its Amendment in 1999.
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT Contact Details
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Sector - 16C Dwarka Delhi - 110078, India|
|Phone no||+91-11-25302167, 25302168, 25302169|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT FAQ
1) What is IPU CET?
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is a university level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
2) What is BHMCT Course?
BHMCT(Bachelors in Hotel Management & Catering Technology) is a four year intensive programme which exposes the student to the diversity of hospitality industry and equips the student with intellectual & leadership capabilities allowing the student to move into diverse managerial roles in prestigious international organisations.
3) What is the procedure for admission in preferences GGSIPU?
The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET.Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programmes given specific CET codes.
4) I have difficulty in creating password,what may be the problem(s)?
Creation of password should be as per Instruction for creation of password. Please follow the instructions carefully. Please use the Internet Browser as suggested and it is difficult to login from some of the other browsers.
5) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
6) When I try to login for choice filling/submission, it says wrong roll number/password, what may be problem(s)?
This can happen if Roll Number/Testing ID typed is incorrect or password typed is incorrect. Password is case sensitive, therefore use password which was created by user exactly same as typed while creating. In case password is forgotten, try to generate new password as per the given instructions.
7) If a candidate forgets his/her password,how to get a new password?
Whenever a candidate forgets his/her password he/she has to use the additional information given by him/her at the time of online registration to get a new password.
8) Can the candidate change his/her password?
Yes. The candidate can change his/her password.
9) Is it compulsory to have certificate in the name of the candidate in case of reserved category?
Yes. The reserved category certificate should be in the name of the candidate seeking admission. Certificate in the name of husband/ father/mother is not acceptable.
10) Is there any Management Quota in University School of Studies /Govt. Institutes?
There is no Management Quota in University Schools and Govt. Institutes.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in IPU CET-BHMCT ?
Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate* and must also have passed in English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
12) What is the duration of the course?
The duration of Bachelors in Hotel Management & Catering Technology is four years.
13) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
14) What subjects should I take to prepare for this Course at 10+ 2 level?
Academic subjects, such as Mathematics, English and Science are highly recommended but not mandatory. Technical courses in food preparation, if available, are recommended, but not required, to enter the Course.
15) Who are eligible to be considered in Outside Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Outside Delhi,the admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Region.
16) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University for this session.
17) What if I have passed the qualification examination from Delhi and Reservation certificate has been issued from Outside Delhi for SC/ST Category?
Admission is permissible only under Delhi General category.
18) Do I require any documents to get registered on-line for admission after CET Result declaration?
Before filling the online application form, keep ready the following details to fill in the appropriate fields.
- Information filled in Online CET application form.
- Payment through the following two options:
- Cash payment by generating Fee Challan in any branch of Indian Bank.
- Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
19) Is there a rounding off of percentage of marks in qualifying marks?
No, rounding off of percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if the candidate obtains 49.99% in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded off to 50%.
20) How to I know about the list of affiliated colleges/institutes for various programmes?
The tentative/indicative list of affiliated colleges/institutes is uploaded in university website .
21) Is it required to pay any registration fee for online counselling?
Yes,it is mandatory for the all CET qualified candidates to submit an amount of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) (one time non refundable) as counselling participation fee for online counselling.
22) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to location of his/her study centre i.e. study centre proof, certificate from the university/board imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study centre must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
23) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
No. online registration and choice filling can be done from place of convenience(including from home) using internet.
24) How do I get password for logging in?
After paying the Counselling Participation Fee of Rs 1,000/- during the process of online registration you will generate your own password. Candidates are advised to keep the password that they have created, confidential to them till the end of the counseling process. They can change the password after creating. Password is very important for participating in online process. Sharing of password can result in misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of genuine candidate from online process.
25) How many choices I am required to fill?
Candidates are advised and encouraged in their own interest to fill maximum number of choices, as it increases the possibility of getting desirable seat. For the benefit of the candidates, the stream wise and institute wise and rank wise Admission Rank cut off data of previous year is available of University websiteat the time of counselling.
26) What is the procedure of conversion of seats?
The conversion of seats reserved for SC, ST, Defence, Physically Handicapped and Minority to General Category shall be done only after the allotment during 2 nd counselling for reserved category as per the University Reservation policy. No such conversion will be allowed in the 1 st round of counseling.
27) Who all are covered under Defence Category for claiming admission in GGSIP University?
- Defence Personnel means any person who is serving in Indian Army,Navy or Air Force or a person who has served in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force or those who come under the category of Ex-servicemen as per notification of Govt. of India are entitled for claiming the seat for admission under Defence Category I to VII.
- Para military forces, like BSF, CRPF, CISF, Assam Rifles etc. and various other organizations like Coastal guard, DSC, etc., are entitled for claiming the seat for admission under Defence Category I to V.
- Police Personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards are also entitled for claiming the seat for admission under Defence Category Priority V.
28) Who are covered in SC/ST for claiming reservation?
The candidates belonging to the communities, which are not included in the list of Scheduled Castes for Delhi, in the Presidential order, will not be entitled to admission in IP University against the seats reserved for Scheduled Castes candidates. The candidates, belonging to thecommunities, included in the list of Scheduled Castes, in the Presidential order, in relation to Delhi will be entitled to be considered for admission.
29) What are the various opportunities for placement in the University/ Affiliated Colleges/Institutes?
The candidates may contact the University Placement Cell and also therespective affiliated colleges/institutes for placement status and activities.
30) Who will be considered for reservation in Outside Delhi Region Category?
If Qualifying examination is passed from Outside Delhi and Reservation certificate issued from anywhere in India, including Delhi for SC/ST categories, then admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Reserved category.