How to Prepare
IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) 2016 Question Paper Format
IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) 2016
The admission procedure for the Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) at IIM Indore has started with the registrations for IPM Aptitude Test (AT). The aspiring candidates can register for the test from March- April. The Computer Based Test for the course would be held in 28 cities across the nation on May. The candidates will be selected on the basis of overall performance in AT and Personal Interview.
IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) 2016 Conducting Body
With the objectives of imparting high-quality management education and training, the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India established Indian Institute of Management Indore as Institutions of Excellence. These Institutions are recognized as premier management institutions, comparable to the best in the world for teaching, research, and interaction with industries. Established in 1996, IIM Indore is the sixth in the family of state-supported management schools. Since its inception, IIM Indore has been acting as a leader in the field of management education, interfacing with the industry, government sector, and PSUs. IIM Indore is registered as a Society under Societies Registration Act, 1973.
IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) Contact Details
|Address||INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT INDORE Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road, Indore 453 556, (M.P.), India|
|Phone no||+91-731-2439666, 4218088, 4258087|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) FAQ
1) What is the name of the programme and its duration?
Name of the programme is “Integrated Programme in Management” and it is a five?year regular and full-time academic (residential) programme.
2) What is the application procedure?
- Candidates seeking admissions to the five-year IPM of IIM Indore have to appear in the IPM Aptitude Test which will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
- Eligible candidates should submit their application online during the period Thursday, March 16, 2017 to Tuesday, April 18, 2017 and pay the online non? refundable/non-transferable application fee of Rs. 1400 (Rupees Fourteen Hundred only for General and NC-OBC category) / Rs.700 (Rupees Seven Hundred only for SC, ST and PWD(DA) category).
- Candidates belonging to NC?OBC, SC, ST and PWD/DA categories need to produce valid certificate(s) in support of their reservation category. No change in the category will be entertained after submitting the application.
3) What are the criteria for admission to the programme?
The candidates will be selected on the basis of overall performance in Aptitude Test, Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview. Any candidate who fails to appear in either Aptitude Test, Written Ability Test (WAT) or Personal Interview or both shall not be considered for selection.
4) What is Written Ability Test (WAT)?
Written Ability Test (WAT) is administered only to those candidates shortlisted for the Personal Interview (PI). WAT is of 30 minutes duration and candidates are required to write an essay on the topic given for WAT. Essay will be assessed on the basis of candidate’s language ability, coherence and organisation, as well as the ideas and
5) When will the WAT be conducted?
WAT will be conducted on the date of Personal Interview (PI). Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Aptitude Test (AT) will have to appear for WAT and PI on the date mentioned in the communication sent to them.
6) Can International Applicants Apply for this Programme?
Yes International Applicants may apply for this Programme through SAT.
7) What is the definition of International Applicants?
- Definition of International Applicants Candidates such as i) Persons who are permanent citizens of a country other than India and residing outside India and ii) Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) who are not in India during Aptitude Test shall be considered as 'International Applicants'. To qualify as an NRI, a candidate should be an Indian passport holder who expects to live or study outside India for at least 12 months between January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017.
- The candidates seeking admission as an NRI should produce with the application the certificate(s) from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the country where the candidate stayed from January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 clearly stating the duration of stay.
8) What are the minimum eligibility conditions for admission?
Candidates satisfying the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Five-Year Integrated Programme in Management of IIM Indore.
- General and NC-OBC Category: Minimum 60% in standard X/ SSC and standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations, Maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2017
- SC,ST and PWD (DA) Category: Minimum 55% in standard X/ SSC and standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations, Maximum 22 years of age as on July 31, 2017
Note 1: Candidates who are likely to complete standard XII/ HSC or equivalent by the end of June 30, 2017 can also apply, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria as mentioned above. If selected, such candidates will be offered admission to the programme provisionally. At the time of registration for the programme, such candidates must
produce X and XII standard mark sheets (securing minimum marks i.e. 60% for General and NC-OBC or 55% for SC, ST and PWD/ DA) along with school leaving certificate/migration certificate, failing which the candidate’s admission offer stands cancelled.
Note 2: The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in X and XII Standard would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet, irrespective of the Board’s regulation. In case the candidates are awarded letter grades or grades points instead of marks, the conversion of grades to
percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the Board/ Competent Authority explaining the method of conversion from where they have obtained the certificate.
Note 3: Applicants pursuing their X and/or XII standard from international schools affiliated to foreign Board’s like IGCSE (International General Certificate for Secondary Education) and IB (International Baccalaureate) can also apply.
Note 4: IIM Indore reserves the right to decide the eligibility conditions in terms of equivalence, percentage marks, and the recognition of the qualifying examination, intake etc.
9) Is it necessary to submit +2 exmination pass certificate/grade sheetfrom a recognized board?
Yes, it is required that candidates submit attested copies of all the certificates(marksheets/gradesheets,passing certificates etc) of +2 exminations. If such documents are not avialable because candidates are either appearing for +2 examination or have appeared and not year received their results,then such candidates have to submit attested copies of marksheets/gradesheets for the pre-final year.
10) Will my admission depend upon my percentage at 10+2 level / 12 th /Senior Secondary level?
Your admission to the B.A. Honours course will solely depend upon your merit in entrance test examination.
11) Whether the student completing XII Science or Arts can get admission in ntegrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPM - AT).
Yes, Student of any Stream can take admission to ntegrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPM - AT) after completing his/her qualifying or XII std. exam from the recognized Board in India or Abroad including Vocational Board.
12) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc.?
Yes, Examination Centre will provide. But no electronic devices are allowed in Examination Hall/Room.
13) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However you will have to produce your passing certificate at the time of admission and if you fulfill the prescribed eligibility you can take admission to the course.
14) How to Check IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) exam result?
Candidates can check their IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) result by visiting official website.
15) What certificate will be issued and by whom?
Upon successful completion of all the requirements of the programme, IIM Indore will issue participants the certificate “Integrated Diploma in Management”.
16) Is attendance in classes compulsory?
Yes, attendance in classes is compulsory. Failure to meet the requirements related to attendance may lead to disciplinary action.
17) Who will be the Faculty for the programme?
The faculties are drawn from various sources which include faculty members of IIM Indore, resource persons/visiting faculty members from renowned colleges/institutes, industry experts and retired faculty members from Indian universities.
18) What are the tuition fee, payment schedule and other fee structure?
- The course fee for resident Indians for the first three years of the IPM would be Rs. 4,00,000/- (Rupees four lakh) per annum and Rs. 6,00,000/- (Rupees six lakh) for Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be as per prevailing Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) fees. The course fee includes lodging, access to lectures, computer facilities and library. Accommodation would be arranged on sharing basis for the first three years of IPM.
- Single room accommodation would be made available for the fourth and fifth years of the Programme.
19) What is the maximum intake and reservation scheme?
The proposed intake is limited to 121 candidates and Government of India reservation norms will be followed for admission.
20) Will study material for courses be provided?
Most of the study material will be available at no additional charge in the library.However, students will have to purchase textbooks on their own.
21) Will hostel facilities be provided?
All students are required to stay on campus since this is a full time residential programme. Accommodation would be arranged on a sharing basis for the first 3 years. Single room accommodation would be made available for the 4th and 5th year of Programme.
22) What are the computer facilities available?
IIM Indore has a large number of computer terminals in the computer labs as well as all necessary software/applications required for the programme. All hostel rooms are equipped for LAN or Internet access. However, students will not be provided any laptop / desktop from the institute.
23) What about campus placement?
IIM Indore would provide active support and guidance to students of IPM to find suitable job opportunities at the end of the programme and internships during the programme.A brilliant bunch of management candidates, extremely capable- makes selection of candidates a rich and fruitful experience” were the comments from Tata Sky, a first time recruiter on campus, reaffirming the quality of students and the process at IIM Indore.