How to Prepare
IPU CET (BCA) 2016 Question Paper Format
IPU CET (BCA) 2016
The admissions to the programmers of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through common entrance tests (CET). The programs of studies are grouped together, on the basis of common syllabi (for CET), for the purpose of conducting CET.The program(s) groups, wherever a CET is to be conducted, are assigned a unique CET code.
IPU CET (BCA) 2016 Conducting Body
The admissions to the programmers of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through common entrance tests (CET). Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has been established by Govt. of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India under Section 2 (f) and 12 (b) of the UGC Act. The University was graded as 'A' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore for the period 2013 to 2018. It is an affiliating and teaching University which aims at facilitating and promoting studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education, for example engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, law, etc., and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. In order to serve the broad purpose for which the University is established, it set out its statements of vision, mission, and Quality Policy.
IPU CET (BCA) Contact Details
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Sector - 16C Dwarka Delhi - 110078, India|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
IPU CET (BCA) FAQ
1) What is IPU CET BCA?
IPU CET is a national level examination conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, and is the qualifying examination for admissions to undergraduate computer application programmes in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
IPU CET BCA : University level common entrance test “IPU CET BCA ” is conducted to offer admission to qualifying candidate to Bachelor of Computer Applications course for the current academic year.
2) What is BCA Programme?
- The BCA programme provides student with necessary skill to make successful career as professional in competitive situation with satisfying jobs.
- Fast growing information technology and communication systems have become critical components of almost every company's strategic plan.Companies which want to take advantage of the new information technologies and communication systems require expert professionals, who can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology. BCA Course is an undergraduate program where students are exposed to various areas ofcomputer apllications including the latest developments in the industry.
3) Who organizes IPU CET?
The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
4) What is the key strength of the BCA?
The curriculum of the BCA ensures that students are exposed to the latest information and knowledge in the Computer Science domains. BCA students are equipped to manage Computer Software and Hardware processes holistically.
5) When will be the IPU CET application form will be available?
The application form will be available from last week of January .
6) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000/- plus service charge & taxes as applicable .
7) Which modes the payment can be done?
a)The mode of application is online.
b)The candiates need to log on to the official website and click on the link named "apply Online'.There,a detalied apllication form for the exam of IPUCET shall open that the candiates need to fill in. It shall ask the candidates to fill in the follwing details.
f)Date of Birth
i)Candidates must then submit the completed application form .
j)Then the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by entering either through“E-Challan” or through “E-Payment ” option or by cash details.
k)After successfully submit application form take print out of it by given button.
l)Also, save it on your computer this is the proof of your filled application form Keep this form safe for future use.
8) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
The payment will be refunded.
9) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of May. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on first week of May.
10) If any mistake has happened while filling up the CET form, how can it be corrected?
In case of any mistake regarding DOB, spelling of names etc., the candidates need to submit an application in physical form at the Reception, Examination Branch, GGSIP University along with the applicable processing fee of Rs. 500/-. This application must be submitted within 5 working days of the last date of form submission together with the applicable fee. After this no request for any correction shall be entertained.
11) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
12) Can I apply for more than one programme/ IPU CET?
Yes. However, a separate application form has to be filled for each programme having distinct CET Codes.
13) What is the procedure for admission in GGSIPU?
The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET. The dates for inviting application for appearing in CET are advertised through newspaper and notifications uploaded on the University website.The process for issue of notification for inviting application for CET has commenced.Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programmes given specific CET codes.
14) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to location of his/her study centre i.e. study centre proof, certificate from the university imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study centre must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
15) How to obtain the admit card of the exam?
The admit card may be obtained from the official website of the university.
16) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in IPU CET (BCA)?
- You should have passed 12th (CBSE) or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with a pass in English (core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications.
- You should have completed a 3-year diploma in any branch of engineering from a polytechnic that is duly approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks.
17) Is there a rounding off of percentage of marks in qualifying marks?
There won’t be any rounding off. 49.99% will not be considered as 50%.
18) What is the paper pattern of IPU CET (BCA)?
- The GGSIPU-CET is not common for different courses.
- There is a separate entrance test on separate dates for each course. But the format of the question papers for all courses is more or less the same; they consist of multiple-choice objective-type questions (150 questions, 600 marks, 2.5 hours).
- The answers have to be marked on an OMR sheet.
- Every question is of equal weightage, with negative marking for wrong answers.
19) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
20) Who are eligible to be considered in Outside Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Outside Delhi, the admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Region.
21) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University .
22) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in IPU CET?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
23) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
24) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,there is negative marking.
25) When are the results of IPU CET (BCA) declared?
The results of IPU CET (BBA) are generally declared in the month of May.
26) For how long is IPU CET (BCA) score valid?
The IPU CET (BBA) score is valid for just one year.
27) Is IPU CET (BCA) Admission Test result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
28) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the University website.
29) When will the online allotment process start for this year ?
The online schedule for registration, seat allotment and other details is available in University website .
30) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
No. online registration and choice filling can be done from place of convenience(including from home) using internet.
31) What is the process of Online allotment of seat?
The detail of Online allotment of seat is available in the Admission Brochure. All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to website at the time of admission.
32) What is the Placement record of BCA student?
Some of the students seek assistance for placements while others go for higher studies. Our Campus placement has been good.
33) What are the criteria for reservation policy of University?
The reservation policy is uploaded in the Admission Brochure .
34) How many seats are reserved for Delhi & outside Delhi Students?
85% seats are for candidates belonging to Delhi region, whereas 15% of the seats are for outside Delhi region.