How to Prepare
IRMA 2016 Question Paper Format
The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) conducts IRMA entrance test on “Issues of Social Concern” every year for admission into 02 yrs. Full-time Postgraduate Programme in Rural Management(PRM) . The candidates willing to take admission into IRMA are compulsorily required to appear for CAT / XAT and thereafter for IRMA entrance test. The scores of both the entrance tests are combined for the purpose of selecting the eligible candidate for allotting admission. The IRMA Application Form has been released. The form is available in both, online and offline mode.
- It is compulsory for applicants to appear for either Common Admission Test (CAT 2016) OR Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2017) and in the “Issues of Social Concern (ISC)” conducted by IRMA on February.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for attending Personal Interview (PI) based on their overall (total) performance in either Common Admission Test 2016 (CAT2016) OR Xavier Aptitude Test 2017 (XAT2017) and the “Issues of Social Concern (ISC)” conducted by IRMA on February 12, 2017. The combined score will be considered for the selection process of PRM 2017 - 19.
- The marks obtained in the admissions test (CAT2016 OR XAT2017 & “ISC” of IRMA), GA and PI will be reduced to the equivalent marks of 50 (CAT/XAT 40 marks and ISC 10 marks), 25, and 25,respectively. An overall merit list will be prepared based on the total marks obtained out of these 100 marks.
IRMA 2016 Conducting Body
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) entrance test Conducted by The Institute of Rural Management Anand, which was founded in 1979, is one of India’s leading premier academic business schools, pioneering & specializing in rural management located in the city of Anand, Gujarat. Its objective is to be a facilitator of rural prosperity in the country by educating those who in companies that service the rural sector and engages them directly with the rural communities.
IRMA Contact Details
|Address||Institute of Rural Management Post Box No. 60, Anand 388001. Gujarat. India. Fax: 02692 - 260188|
|Phone no||02692 - 260 391|
1) Tell me something about IRMA?
- The Institute of Rural Management Anand is India’s leading school in rural management committed to acting as the catalyst and facilitator of rural prosperity. IRMA educates those inspired to work with organisations serving the rural sector and engaging directly with rural communities.
- Students should note that IRMA offers a sectoral program and it should be opted only on the basis of ones interest in making a career in this domain.
2) How are the admissions conducted?
The admissions will be done on the basis of CAT / XAT scores. There will be no IRMA entrance exam except the one on the Issues of Social Concern. Both the exams are to be qualified for taking admissions. IIMs and other institutes will have NO SAY in IRMA Admissions. After exam qualification, candidates need to apply for the admissions via the online application form.
3) How to obtain Application Form from IRMA for PRM ?
An applicant can opt for one of the following options:
a)Apply online and pay through payment gateway.
b) Make payment at any IMS learning centre, after getting IMS receipt, apply through IRMA website by using IMS receipt number.
c) Take a print out of SBI challan available on IRMA website in the admission link. Make payment at any branch of SBI by using the challan. SBI would then issue a unique ID number. Use this unique ID number and apply online through IRMA website.
d) Printed application material (prospectus, application forms, etc.) may be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 on payment of full fees. (All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favouring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand).
4) What is the Eligibility Criteria for PRM ?
Eligibility Details for PRM:
- Graduation (Any discipline)
- At least 15 years (10+2+3) of education
- A minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/PwD) aggregate in Graduation.
5) What is the duration of Programme in Rural Management (PRM)?
Programme in Rural Management (PRM) is a two-year fully residential programme.
6) How IRMA will admit students for PRM ?
- IRMA will use CAT / XAT scores for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PRM 2017-19)
- Application forms (online / hard copy) for IRMA admissions will be available from October .
- All applicants for IRMA Admissions have to additionally appear for Issues of Social Concern test.
- IIMs and XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme of IRMA.
7) What is the Application fees for Indian Nationals?
There is a common application form for PRM and FPRM programmes. An applicant may apply for two programmes by using one application form. The fees applicable for the number of programmes are shown in below. Those candidates applying online by using payment gateway / Payment at SBI may get discount of Rs.75/-
Application Fees Structure
Examination Fees for Online Applicant:-
No. of Programme
General & OBC
Examination Fees for Applying in Hardcopy:-
No. of Programme
General & OBC
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of February. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on February 12,2017.
9) Whether PRM are approved by AICTE?
Yes PRM are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
10) Whether PRM is equivalent to Master?
Yes, PRM is recognised as an equivalent of a master's degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
11) Which bank should I choose for fee submission?
Choose any one of the banks available on the official website of the exam.
12) If I have applied for one programme, but now I want to apply for more than one programme then what should I do?
In that case, you are advised to write an application to the admissions coordinator with details and pay necessary fees by Demand Draft. You are advised to write your application form number in all your correspondence.
13) What is 3d Secure PIN and where from I shall get it?
This PIN is mandatory requirement for the sponsoring bank to validate credit card supported transactions. IRMA does not have any role to generate this PIN. Please contact your sponsoring bank.
14) How do I track status of my application & candidature?
You will find an URL titled Application Status in admissions section of our website https://www.irma.ac.in/. Please navigate through this URL & follow the instructions. You need to provide your form number and date of birth. This section will display the current status of your application, such as your form number, roll number, allocated centre, and status of your result of various tests conducted during the admission process. Besides, the Institute has introduced SMS service (broadcast and unicast) for the applicants. This service will be available during the appropriate stage of the admission process. The broadcast service is controlled by the Institute and the message will be transmitted only once for each stage. As regards unicast service, you can get the status of your application by sending SMS to 9687933388. While sending SMS, please mention ADM space and then quote your Form No., to get the response. For example ADM 25633. Please note this broadcast service is free of charge whereas unicast service will be chargeable as per the rates prescribed by service providers. Unicast service can be availed repeatedly. Those applying by hard copy application forms can get the status of their applications forms after two weeks of the closing date.
15) What is the medium of education at IRMA?
The medium of instruction at IRMA is English.
16) When are IRMA Results Out?
Results will be available on the website last week of January.
17) Does IRMA offer any correspondence course?
IRMA does not offer any correspondence course.
18) Do you give extra weightage to experience for PRM programme?
There is no provision for extra weightage of experience for admission to PRM programme. However, the experience is valued during personal interview.
19) Is there any negative marking in written test of "Issues of Social Concern"?
- Yes, there is negative marking for the written test of "Issues of Social Concern".
- Weightage for the same is decided by management time to time.
20) Does Institute have seats for Management Quota (MQ) in PRM ? .
There is no management quota for admission to PRM at IRMA
21) Is there any age limit for PRM programme?
There is no age limit for the admission in PRM of IRMA.
22) Where can I see Demo of Online Mock Test ?
Demo of Online Mock Test is available on IRMA website: www.irma.ac.in in the Admissions link.
23) What will be the duration of admissions test on "Issues of Social Concern" ?
The duration of admissions test on "Issues of Social Concern" will be 2 hour
24) What do I mean by “Broadcast” and “Unicast” SMS service?
IRMA has introduced SMS service for the Indian Nationals only. At different stages of the application process, the Institute will send status of the applications to all its eligible applicants, who have registered their mobile number, through broadcast SMS service. Unicast service is meant for personal communication to the individual applicant. The applicant who wishes to know the latest status of her/his application, she/he can do so by sending SMS to 9687933388. While sending SMS, please mention ADM space and then quote your Form No., to get the response. For example ADM 25633. Please note unicast service is chargeable to the applicant as per SMS agreement that the service provider has with the applicant (IRMA does not charge for this service). However, broadcast service is absolutely free for the applicant (IRMA bears the cost).
25) If I am not able to proceed further for registration, then what to do?
If you are not able to proceed further, please ensure that you have turned off "popup-blocker" in your browser's option settings
26) How do I use my SMS & Email service?
You need to register your mobile number & email Id in your profile. If you have not done so, please do it immediately & contact admissions office for details. All the candidates having valid mobile number & email Id will receive information of their candidature, at various stages of the process (Roll No. exam venue details, written test result, final selection).
27) How do I correct wrong entries after submissions?
You are required to follow instruction carefully and write the correct information before submission of your application online. You are given a facility to edit your entries prior to final submission. Once submit button is pressed and you have been allotted a form number you cannot edit the entries. In such a case you are advised to take a printout of the submitted application form, make corrections as required in the form and send it to us as per the address notified. We shall arrange to make changes in your form accordingly. However, you have been advised to take enough precautions while submitting your application.
28) How do I retrieve my user-id and password in case it is lost?
You are expected to keep a record of user id and password. If you are able to send us the user-id, your password can be mailed to you.
29) Do I need to send hard copy (print out) of my filled application form to IRMA ?
Those applicants who are selecting option “Exemption from written test” while filling application form, they are required to send hard copy (print out) of application form with proof (self attested photo copy of PGDRM certificate of IRMA or photo copy of “JRF” award letter) “BPL” applicants are required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form with the proof of “BPL” status. All other applicants are not required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form to IRMA.
30) Do I need to send hard copy (print out) of my filled application form to IRMA ?
Only “BPL” applicants and sponsored applicants are required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form. “BPL” applicants are required to send hard copy of application form with the latest proof of “BPL” status issued by appropriate authority. Sponsored applicants are required to send hard copy of application form with certificate from their employer as per declaration of sponsorship form available on IRMA website All other applicants (other than “BPL”) are not required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form to IRMA.
31) When and How the Applicants Will Get the Admit Card?
IRMA will send the Admit Card for IRMAs test (online) on Issues of Social Concern (ISC) to be conducted on February 12, 2017 (Sunday) to all eligible applicants in the first week of February 2017. If the applicants do not receive the admit card by 7th February 2017 then she/he can download it from IRMA website by using her/his form number or roll number.
32) How to download (print) SBI Challan from IRMA Website?
SBI Challan is available on our website in the admissions link, in important download section. You may open the file and take a print out of it.
33) What are the exam centers where the Issues of Social Concern (IRMA Exam) will be held?
The list of all the exam centers is given on the official website((https://www.irma.ac.in/iaboutus/faq.php?roleid=25#qu69), you can visit here for more details . Please note that the requests for change in exam centers once submitted, will NOT be entertained.
34) Can I change my test center of "Issues of Social Concern" ?
Request for change of Test Centres will not be entertained.
35) On which name Demand Draft should be prepared?
All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand.
36) What is the last date for apply for PRM (Indian Nationals) ?
Last Date for receipt of filled in applications for PRM (Indian Nationals) for hard copies and December 30, 2016 for online.
37) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card Last week of January.
38) What are the reservation policies in IRMA?
As per the Govt. Policies for the ST/SC/OBC/PwD categories.
39) What is the number of candidates to be selected to PRM ?
The total number of seats available for PRM is 180. Fifteen percent of the approved intake is allocated for admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian(s).
40) What are the placement activities for Programme in Rural Management (PRM)?
Our PRM graduates are highly valued by cooperatives, NGOs, government development agencies, and national and international donors engaged in promoting rural development. The distinguishing feature of all these bodies is their willingness and ability to make effective use of young and well-trained professional managers. The five-day campus recruitment programme organised by the Campus Placement Office is held during the 5th term in second year of PRM. The jobs offered to IRMA graduates vary widely. The job offers are in areas such as planning and information systems, production management, marketing, finance, accounts, human resource development, rural development, and natural resource management.
Average (Rs) Lakh
Maximum (Rs) Lakh
41) For how long is the IRMA score valid?
The IRMA score is valid for just one year.
42) What is the duration of Programme in Rural Management (PRM)?
Programme in Rural Management (PRM) is a two-year fully residential programme.
43) Are the admissions to Programme in Rural Management (PRM) open to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian(s) ?
Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian(s) can seek admission on the basis of their GMAT/ GRE Scores / CAT / XAT scores for PGDRM Subject to confirmation of AICTE.
44) What are the legal status of the Institute and PRM Programmes?
Institute of Rural Management Anand was established in the year 1979, as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It is registered as a deemed public trust under section 2(13) of the Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950. IRMA is not substantially or wholly owned either by the Government of India or by the State. It is a self financed Institute.
IRMA is a pioneering academic institution in rural management education and research. It is committed to pursuing excellence along with creativity and integrity. PRM is recognised as equivalent to a master's degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). PRM and FPRM are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
45) Does IRMA gives any Financial Assistant and/or Scholarship?
IRMA has several prestigious scholarships for deserving Participants, which are mentioned below:
IRMA Fellowship: Currently only Participants who get a monthly gross salary that is less than the decided minimum gross salary are eligible to receive the IRMA Fellowship (provided they join the organisations that are eligible for the purpose of the fellowship). The amount of the IRMA Fellowship to an eligible Participant will be equal to the difference between the actual amount of his/her gross salary and the decided minimum gross salary. The recipient of IRMA fellowship may get a maximum of Rs. 3 lakhs during the course of 3 years. There could be revisions to these procedures. IRMA encourages Participants to work in the eligible organisations and the number of scholarships are likely to be increased.
Scholarships for SC / ST Applicants : SC / ST scholarships covering the entire costs of education of SC / ST applicants are available at IRMA. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has allocated four scholarships to IRMA for SC Participants. The scholarship covers fees, non-refundable charges, lodging and boarding expenses, and cost of books, stationery, and personal computer (http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India has allocated five scholarships to IRMA for ST applicants. The amount of the scholarship covers tuition fees, boarding and lodging expenses, book grant, and a one-time grant for the purchase of a personal computer (http://www.tribal.nic.in). The National Dairy Development Board also offers some scholarships to SC/ST applicants for both the years of PRM.
46) Whether bank loans are available for the PRM programme?
Educational loans are available from various banks.
The State Bank of India, Anand and Central Bank of India, Anand provides educational loans at a lower interest rate and without any collateral to candidates enrolling at IRMA.
For more information please contact:
State Bank of India, Anand
Mr. K. Biswal, Dy. Manager (Adv.), SBI, Anand
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com;
Mob. 07600037799, 07600037797;
Central Bank of India, Anand
Mr. K. C. Kapasia, Chief Manager, CBI, Anand