Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-B.A.(Hons)(English) (JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) 2016
Jamia Millia Islamia in order to respond to the ever-increasing demand for Full-Time quality B.A.(Hons)(English) program established an autonomous Center for Arts Studies approved by the Executive Council of the University. Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University conducts Entrance Test for the Under Graduate (UG) B.A.(Hons)(English) course for those applicants who are willing to pursue his/her UG Course from Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University.
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) 2016 Conducting Body
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University conducts entrance test for the Under Graduate (UG) B.A.(Hons)(English) course. Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’. The story of its growth from a small institution in the pre-independence India to a central university located in New Delhi offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas is a saga of dedication, conviction, and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. They “built up the Jamia Millia stone by stone and sacrifice by sacrifice said Sarojini Naidu, the nightingale of India.
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) Contact Details
|Address||Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, India|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
JMIEE - B.A.(Hons)(English) FAQ
1) I am often confused with Jamia Millia Islamia and Jamia Hamdard . Please clarify.
Jamia Millia Islamia and Jamia Hamdard are two different universities. Jamia Millia Islamia is a central university.
2) How should I apply for Admissions to Jamia Millia Islamia?
Every year the University advertises in national newspapers about the admissions to various courses. Similar information is also available on the website of Jamia.
3) In order to appear for the entrance test, will a student have to take prior admission in any course of the Jamia Millia Islamia ?
No, any student who has passed his/her 10 + 2 level examination or whose result is awaited can apply online to appear for the written entrance test.
4) How can I fill an application form for Admission?
Online Mode: The Admission Application Form may also be submitted Online on JMI’s website. Candidates applying through online mode must read instructions available on the webpage for admission.
NOTE: Application Fee is non Refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
5) Is it must to attach photocopies of my educational certificates?
No it is not required.
6) How will I receive my Admit card?
It can be downloaded after completing the application .
7) Can I apply for admission in more than one course?
Yes you can apply for more than one course but by using separate application form for each course.
8) Do I need to submit an affidavit and documentary proof for the category I’m applying under for admission?
You have to attach it if you are applying under these two categories Muslim OBC and Muslim SC/ST .
9) Do you have any centres for entrance test outside Delhi?
No ,you will have to come to Delhi to appear in the entrance test.
10) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
11) Where should I check for the list of candidates called for Entrance/ interview, short-listed candidate selected for admission and waiting list?
Candidates are strongly advised to regularly check the University website .
12) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in JMI - B.A.(Hons)(English)?
Senior Sec. School Certificate or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned.
13) What will be the pattern of the entrance exam?
The written exam will consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
14) From where can one get the previous question paper the B.A. Honours (English) course?
The previous years’ question papers are posted on the website of Jamia Millia Islamia.
15) Will there be negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking. Each correct answer will be awarded + 1 marks whereas for No marks will be deducted for an unattempted question.
16) Will my admission depend upon my percentage at 10+2 level / 12th /Senior Secondary level?
Your admission to the B.A. Honours (English) course will solely depend upon your merit in entrance test examination.
17) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc.?
Yes, Examination Centre will provide. But no electronic devices are allowed in Examination Hall/Room.
18) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
19) What is the fee structure of the JMI - B.A. Honours (English) course?
The fee B.A. Honours (English) for the course is Rs. 7,100/- per year .
20) How can I become a member of the Alumni Association of Jamia?
You have to register yourself by submitting an application form given in the Alumni Web Page.
21) Are distance-learning courses offered at Jamia Millia Islamia?
The University offers "Urdu Correspondence Course" as a distance learning course.
22) What about campus placement?
We have a Placement Cell which helps in placement of students. On-campus placement activities are also organized at regular intervals. In every faculty Deans keep in regular touch with industries and employers and advise students on placement.
23) Do you run part-time courses?
The University offers the following part-time courses :
- Bachelor of Engg. (B.E.) in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences
24) How can I contact the Admission Office at Jamia Millia Islamia?
For admissions one may write to
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Ph. No. : +91 (11) 26981717
Fax : +91 (11) 26980229.
25) I want to know whether degrees of Jamia Millia Islamia are recognized by the UGC and other professional bodies?
Yes, Jamia Millia Islamia is a deemed university status to it in 1962 of University Grants Commission Act.
- All the Degrees/Diplomas/ Certificates offered by Jamia Millia Islamia, are recognized by all the members of the Association of Indian Universities(AIU) and are at par with Degrees/Diplomas and Certificates of all Indian Universities, Deemed Universities and institutions.
- Subsequently, the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions on 22 February 2011 granted “Minority Institution” status to Jamia Millia Islamia under Article 30(1) of the constitution read with Section 2(G) of the National Commission for Minorities Institutions Act.
26) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to :
The Controller of Examinations,
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.
27) I want to know the rating of Jamia Millia Islamia given by NAAC.
Today, Jamia Millia Islamia is an “A” grade Central University accredited by NAAC.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place