How to Prepare
JMIEE - B.E. 2016 Question Paper Format
JMIEE - B.E. 2016 News and Updates
Application forms for JMI Admissions 2017 for various engineering courses have been released by New Delhi-based Jamia Millia Islamia University. Candidates can apply online. Aspiring students applying at JMI for engineering courses have to submit registration number of JEE Mains 2017 in the online ...Read more
JMIEE - B.E. 2016
Jamia Millia Islamia University has invited applications from various candidates to apply for its B.E Programmes. Every Year Jamia will conducts the entrance test to provide admission to eligible candidates into various courses offered by the university. Now Jamia has released the admission application for entrance exam to offer admission to candidates into B.E Programme. Jamia Millia Islamia in order to respond to the ever-increasing demand for B.E programme established an autonomous Centre for Engineering Studies approved by the Executive Council of the University.
Course Offered -
B.E. (Mechanical Engg.) (Evening)
B.E. (Electrical Engg.) (Evening)
B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engg.) (Evening)
B.E. (Computer Engg.) (Evening)
B.E. (Civil Engg.) (Evening)
JMIEE - B.E. 2016 Conducting Body
Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’. The story of its growth from a small institution in the pre-independence India to a central university located in New Delhi—offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas—is a saga of dedication, conviction, and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. They “built up the Jamia Millia stone by stone and sacrifice by sacrifice,” said Sarojini Naidu, the nightingale of India.
JMIEE - B.E. Contact Details
|Address||Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, India|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
JMIEE - B.E. FAQ
1) How should I apply for Admissions to Jamia Millia Islamia?
Every year the University advertises in national newspapers about the admissions to various courses. Similar information is also available on the website of Jamia.
2) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Application Fee is Rs. 500 .
3) Which modes the payment can be done?
1.The fee may be paid either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking or through E-Challan generated during the filling up of form online. In case of E-Challan the fee may be paid in any of the branches of Indian Bank.
2.The Application Fee once received successfully at JMI’s end is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
3.The JMI shall only refund the Application Fee in cases of failed transactions identified at JMI’s end.
4.A candidate is allowed to submit only ONE form for each program/group of programs (With Combined Entrance Test). Multiple submissions of form for the same program by a candidate may cause rejection of his/her candidature.
5.In case of submission of Online form through Cyber Cafe, the candidate is also advised to get the form filled in his/her presence and provide his/her contact information such as email and mobile number wherever required.
4) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of November.
5) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of November (onwards). You will have to log onto the JMI website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from the website.
6) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
7) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
8) I had already registered for JMI. Why should I apply again for admissions?
It is necessary to apply for admissions separately with the marks obtained in 12th exam and also giving your preferences to different degree programmes, along with the requisite application fee.
9) Where is the JMI exam held?
The JMI exam is held in various major cities of India.
10) What is the eligibility criteria for Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-B.E.?
- Three/four year Diploma Course in respective or relevant branch from recognized Polytechnic or Technical Institute with at least two years professional experience after passing Diploma in respective or relevant branch.
- However, for B.E. (Computer Engineering), three/four year Diploma either in Computer Engineering or in Electronics & Communication Engineering or in relevant branch is required together with at least two years Professional Experience after Diploma.
- Diploma holders from University Polytechnic, J.M.I securing 70% marks or more are also eligible to appear in the Entrance Test without Professional Experience.
- The experience shall be reckoned from the date of declaration of result/date of issue of mark-sheet of qualifying examination or the date of beginning of professional engagement (whichever is later) till the last date of submission of Application Form.
- Documentary evidence of declaration of result is required at the time of admission.
11) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
12) What is Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMIEE)-B.E. ?
The (JMIEE)-B.E paper consists of 170 marks. The paper consists of 2 parts as follows:
- Part-A [Objective/multiple choice questions(theory)] (Physics,Chemistry & Mathematics)
- Part-B Professional experience.
13) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
14) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
15) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
16) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for JMI(B.E)?
Candidates can write JMI (B.E) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program. They will not be eligible for any other first degree program of institute.
17) I passed 12th in 2016. I didn't get 75% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks?
If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.
18) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for JMI (B.E)-2017?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for JMI (B.E) .
19) I had appeared in JMI (B.E)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in JMI (B.E)-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for JMI (B.E)-2017.
20) How am I Eligible for admission to B.E. programmes after 12th?
The B.E. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
21) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Jamia Millia Islamia (B.E)?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
22) When are JMIEE(B.E)Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
23) For how long do the JMIEE(B.E) Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
JMIEE(B.E) Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
24) Is JMIEE(B.E)result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
25) What are the Courses/specializations offered at JMI university ?
Various B.E courses that are offered by the colleges under JMI are -
- B.E. (Mechanical Engg.) (Evening)
- B.E. (Electrical Engg.) (Evening)
- B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engg.) (Evening)
- B.E. (Computer Engg.) (Evening)
- B.E. (Civil Engg.) (Evening).
26) Are distance-learning courses offered at Jamia Millia Islamia?
The University offers "Urdu Correspondence Course" as a distance learning course.
27) Do you run part-time courses?
The University offers the following part-time courses :
- Bachelor of Engg. (B.E.) in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences
28) Is there a central telephone number for enquiries?
One may contact at the telephone number +91 (11) 26981717.
29) What help is there for finding accommodation for staff and students?
The University has limited accommodation for the staff which is allotted as per the norms laid down by the University. However the University has a guest house where those coming for academic visits may stay for a short duration. For boys there are four hostels with limited number of seats and for girls there is only one hostel. In addition to this, there is one Working Women's Hostel also.
30) What conferences facilities are available in Jamia Millia Islamia?
The Jamia Millia Islamia has Dr. M. A. Ansari Auditorium with a capacity of more than 500 persons.
31) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Controller of Examinations, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.