Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination- M.A. (JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
|Step 1||Create login Id /Purchase Applicati...|
|Step 2||Fill up the Application form|
|Step 3||Upload / Attach attested Copy of Do...|
JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. 2017
Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination- M.A. is a premier exam for admission into different graduate and post-graduate courses conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (also called as JNU). JNU Admission will be organized by JNU for the admissions into different graduate and postgraduate courses. JNU is one of the oldest and popular central Universities situated in New Delhi.
- M.A. in Politics (with specialization in International Studies)
- M.A. in Economics (with specialization in World Economy)
- M.A. in International Relations and Area Studies
- M.A. in Persian
- M.A. in Korean
- M.A. in Chinese
- M.A. in Arabic
- M.A. in French and Francophone Studies
- M.A. in Japanese
- M.A. in Russian
- M.A. in German
- M.A. in Spanish
- M.A. in Hindi and Urdu
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in Political Science
- M.A. in Geography
- M.A. in Arts and Aesthetics
- M.A. in Sanskrit
JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. 2017 Conducting Body
Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination- M.A is a premier exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (also called as JNU). Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is a public central university in New Delhi, the capital of India. In 2012 The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave the university a grade of 3.9 out of 4, the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country. It is one of the top universities in the country, ranking third according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework. The University is located, since 1976, on a campus that is spread over approximately 1000 acres of land on the Aravali range in New Delhi, which has now been turned into a green and open area though many academic buildings, hostels, and residences for faculty and staff have come up during the last forty years. Presently the University has over 7300 students, who come from all parts of the country and abroad, and from all sections of society. There are over 500 faculty members in addition to administrative staff who, along with students, live on campus, and they interact and mingle with each other irrespective of social or professional status.
JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. Contact Details
|Address||New Mehrauli Road, Near Munirka, New Delhi, Delhi 11006|
|Phone no||011 2674 2575|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. FAQ
1) Can the Application Form Number be generated by partially filling up personal information?
No, one has to fill in all mandatory fields and the entries need to pass through simple validation checks before the form number can be generated. Please note that ‘a candidate may edit the details before generation of Confirmation Page.
2) What is the process of knowing the status of submitted Application Form?
The candidate needs to visit the Board’s JNU website and log in with ‘Application Number’ to know the status of disposal of the submitted ‘Application Form.’ In case any discrepancy is found and known by the candidate there from; actions enumerated under.
3) How can I make correction on the JNU online application form after generation of the application number?
You cannot make any correction on the existing application form after generation of the application number. You may have to open and enter a fresh application form with correct details ignoring the previous application. The application form that is received with the DD will only be considered and the datas of the same will be utilized for generating the Admit Card. Therefore make sure that the online application form contains the correct details before giving the submit option .
4) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the JNU online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- Online Debit/Credit Card Mode: You can Pay your registration fee payment through Credit/Debit card. Your payment will be reflected instantly in case of successful transaction.
- Cash Deposit in SBI: Select the cash payment option present in your page (my page) to deposit your entrance examination fees through cash.
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
5) How can a candidate apply for admission?
- Application form is made available on JNU website at admission to various programme .
- Application forms together with Prospectus can be obtained from Section Officer (Admissions), Room No. 28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067 (India) through post.
6) How does an applicant enter the personal information into the system while APPLYING ONLINE for JNU ?
On visiting the HOME page; the candidate has to click the link depicting APPLY ONLINE FOR JNU . The link will take the student to the next webpage APPLICATION FORM. There the candidate has to start filling up the data requested and complete it in all respect. All fields are mandatory in nature except for the “Alternate” marked ones in Contact Details. An Application Form Number gets generated for the applicant.
7) After applying can I request for change of centre?
Once the centre is allotted, the change of centre will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
8) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the JNU offline application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
9) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in JNU Entrance Examination- M.A?
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 50% marks.
10) Whether the final year students of Bachelor degree can apply?
Provisional Admission may be given subject to successful completion of the Bachelor degree examination obtaining minimum 50% marks.
11) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc.?
Yes, Examination Centre will provide. But no electronic devices are allowed in Examination Hall/Room.
12) Whether I will be eligible to apply for the programme, if I have done my graduation through correspondence?
No,you are not allowed.
13) Do students with a year’s gap face disadvantages?
No. All you need are the necessary documents. There is no age limit.
14) My university has awarded me First class but my aggregate percentage of marks or CGPA as per JNU norm is less than 45% or 4.25 (on a 10 point scale). I belong to General/OBC category. Am I eligible to apply?
Unfortunately,you are not allowed for entrance test.
15) If I have secured more than 50% marks in my previous years but unable to manage 50% marks in aggregate after final year result. In this case, may I be allowed to pursue B.Ed program?
No. Minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, are compulsory in graduation/post graduation to pursue M.A program.
16) For how long is the JNU Entrance Test M.A score valid?
The JNU Entrance Test M.A score is valid for just one year.
17) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for M.A ?
The annual Tution fee structure for M.A :-Rs. 216.00*/- .
18) How far is the hostel from study place?
All hostels are very near to study place at a walking distance of not more than 5-10 minutes.
19) What is thw Reservation of seats for Sc/St/Obc candidates?
- 22.5% (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) seats in each Programme of Study are reserved for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates respectively. All Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in the entrance examination irrespective of their percentage of marks.
- 27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates (non creamy layer). All OBC category (non creamy layer) candidates are eligible to 10% relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifyingexamination in relation to open category*.
20) Whether separate hostel accommodation is available for foreign national students?
There is no separate hostel accommodation for foreign national students. Foreign national students are allotted room in any hostel available at the time of admission/registration.
21) Is Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) NAAC accredited?
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU ) is a public central university in New Delhi, the capital of India. In 2012 The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave the university a grade of 3.9 out of 4, the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country. It is one of the top universities in the country, ranking third according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework. It is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
22) At the time of counseling, is it enough if I produce Photostat copies of my certificates?
Sorry. Original certificates are to be produced.
23) What about campus placement?
Jawaharlal Nehru University Placement Cell (JNUPC) was opened in the year 2008, and we are happy to inform that since then we are securing our students future. JNUPC will uphold the quality of the education and the social responsibility by giving a respectful job and opportunities to its students. Under JNUPC numerous programme will be organised to improve student's skill. JNUPC will try to place all the students who are seeking a respected opportunity to get engaged in government institutions, non-government institutions and other organizations. A wide number of researchers of different schools of JNU as of SES, SLS, SIS, SLL&Cs, SSS and others have a quality education which needs to be disseminated in the society.
24) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
25) What is Reservation of Seats for Person with Disability (PWD) Candidates?
3% of the seats are reserved laterally for the Person with Disability candidates in all the programmes of study.The Person with Disability candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in the entrance examination irrespective of their percentage of
Note:-A candidate, in order to be eligible for any concession/ benefits under the Person with Disability (PWD) category, should have minimum degree of disability to the extent of 40%.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place