JEMAT - Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
|Step 1||Download Application form|
|Step 2||Completing the application Form|
|Step 3||Attested photocopies of original do...|
JEMAT 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
The Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state level eligibility of the Govt. of W.B. conducted by the MAKAUTWB. Test held every year for admission to the MBA/AICTE approved PG Diploma Programmes offered by the Management Institutions of the State (both Govt. & Private).
JEMAT 2016 Conducting Body
This test is conducted by the West Bengal University of Technology on behalf of the state Government as per the guidelines framed by AICTE. Located in the suburban satellite township of Salt Lake City, Kolkata, the West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), now known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), is a state technological university of West Bengal. In the last decade, The West Bengal University of Technology being a Center of Excellence seamlessly engaged in National Building Exercise.
JEMAT Contact Details
|Address||West Bengal University of Technology School of Management Room No. 202, Bf-142, Sector-1, Saltlake City, Kolkata 700 064 India|
|Phone no||(033) 64147753|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What is JEMAT?
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state level exam conducted by the West Bengal University of Technology for taking admissions into different postgraduate management programs offered by various management institutes associated with the West Bengal University of Technology or MAKAUT.
2) Where can I get the application form for JEMAT?
You can download the application form from the official website of JEMAT.
3) What is the amount of the Demand Draft to be made and in what name should the DD to be entitled to?
The JEMAT examination fee is defined for all categories:
- General Category (without late fee): Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/OBC Category (without late fee): Rs. 400/-
- General Category (with late fee): Rs. 1000
- SC/ST/OBC Category (with late fee): Rs. 500
To make these payments, the DD should be drawn in favour of the West Bengal University of Technology payable at Kolkata.
4) What should I do if my photograph and signature are not getting uploaded? Can I upload the photograph and signature at a later stage?
The size of your photo should be between 20 KB and 100 KB and the signature size should be between 20 KB and 100 KB. The format of both Image & signature files must be in a JPG or JPEG.
To answer the latter part of the question, you have to upload the photo and signature at the time of application only. No requests will be entertained afterwards.
5) Will the University send my Admit Card by post?
No, you can download the JEMAT Admit Card from the website using your application number and password, which will be sent to your mobile no. / email ID at the time of online application.
6) What is the mode of written examination? Please suggest some selective book?
The written paper will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions and will be OMR based. There is no particular books per say. However, you can refer to "scheme of examination" page.
7) When is the JEMAT exam held?
usually, the JEMAT exam is held in the month of July.
8) How many times in a year is the the JEMAT entrance exam conducted?
The JEMAT entrance exam is conducted once a year in the month of July.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
You can get the Admit card for viewing and printing by the third week of July (onwards).
Steps to download JEMAT Admit Card:
- Go to the direct download link for WBUT JEMAT Admit Card
- Search for the latest news or advertisement board
- Find WBUT JEMAT Admit Card Download link
- Enter all the details asked on the page
- Your JEMAT 2017 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details provided on the JEMAT Admit Card
- Download WBUT JEMAT Admit Card on your computer safely
- Take 2-3 print outs of the JEMAT Admit Card
10) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
WBUT JEMAT Admit Card is a very important document for all test takers and will play a vital role throughout the admission process. Therefore, it is important for test takers to ensure that all the information provided on the WB JEMAT Admit Card is correct and free from mistakes. Some of the key details one must check on WB JEMAT Hall Ticket are:
WB JEMAT Date & Time
WBJEMAT Test Centre
11) Which are the test centers for JEMAT?
Since the JEMAT exam is conducted in West Bengal only, these are some of the cities from where the tests can be given:
12) What is the eligibility criterion for JEMAT exam?
If you hold a Bachelor's degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Agriculture or other professional courses from recognized universities, you are eligible to apply! In fact, if you are in your final year of graduation, you can still apply.
13) What is the paper pattern for JEMAT?
The JEMAT entrance exam is an objective type divided into 3 sections. The 3 sections are spread across:
- English (40 marks)
- Mathematics (40 marks)
- Logical Reasoning/ GK (20 marks)
14) What is the duration of the JEMAT entrance exam?
The duration of the JEMAT entrance exam is 2 hours.
15) Is there any negative marking for wrong answers in JEMAT?
No, There is no negative marking.
16) Can I apply for JEMAT even if I am not a permanent resident of West Bengal or if I did not pass the qualifying exam from West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
Yes, you can still apply for JEMAT. However, you need to ensure that you fulfil all eligibility criteria as directed by the organising body.
17) When are the JEMAT results out?
Usually, the JEMAT exam results are out within 10 working days from the date of exam.
18) What is the validity of a JEMAT score?
JEMAT test score is valid for one year.
19) Will the results be available online?
Yes, the JEMAT results will be out on the official WBUT.
20) Is the JEMAT result based on ranking or percentile?
JEMAT result is based on ranking.
21) What is the procedure of JEMAT Counseling?
If you have given the JEMAT and have managed a good score, this is the counselling process that you need to follow:
You have to attend the counselling process, which is conducted at the WBUT campus
The counselling process takes place as per your merit scale
The original educational certificate verification takes place in the counselling center
You must attend Group Discussion and personal interview, which carries 10% score
If eligible, you can choose the institution and location a per seat availability
22) What are the specializations offered at West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
WBUT/ MAKAUT offers following major specializations:
MBA in Marketing (MM)
MBA in Finance (FM)
MBA in Systems (SM)
MBA in Human Resource Management (HR)
MBA in Health Care Service Administration(HSA)
23) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counselling?
No. that's not necessary, but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
24) Is West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT recognized by the UGC?
There are around 32 universities approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) in West Bengal state.
MAKAUT came into operation formally with the assumption of the office of the first Vice Chancellor on January 15, 2001 as a sequel to the promulgation of The West Bengal University of Technology Act, 2001, under West Bengal Act XV of 2000 passed by the West Bengal Legislature. The University started its academic programme, from July 16, 2001 following a notification from the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal dated June 15, 2001 through the affiliation of Engineering and Management Institutions / Colleges and has entered the eighth year of its functioning. MAKAUT is included in Section 2F and also in Section 12B of UGC and recipient of UGC Grant.
25) What are the scholarships available in the West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
The state government has introduced a new scholarship scheme named 'West Bengal Government Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme' for providing financial assistance to the poor but meritorious students of the Wet Bengal pursuing higher studies at various post-Madhyamik levels.
Meritorious students coming from poor families, who have a West Bengal domicile and have enrolled themselves in one of the State Govt., institutions or State Govt., aided institutions after passing out from the State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary Education or a State-aided University in West Bengal will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
26) What about placement facilities in West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
The placement cell of West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT has been ranked as one of the top 12 technology schools in the eastern region of India by Infosys Ltd.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place