How to Prepare
JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management) 2017 Question Paper Format
JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management) 2017
Admission to the various programmers of commerces in the University of Jammu, main campus/ office campuses and affiliated colleges are made on the basis of academic merit and JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management).
The following weight age shall be given to the candidates:
- Academic Merit of the qualifying examination - 75%
- Entrance Test - 25%
JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management) 2017 Conducting Body
JUET-Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management) Conducted by University of Jammu. The University of Jammu, accredited as 'A' grade University by National Assessment & Accreditation Council of India came into existence in 1969 vide Kashmir and Jammu Universities Act 1969 following bifurcation of the erstwhile University of Jammu and Kashmir. The University provides instructions in such branches of learning as it deems fit and makes provision for research and the advancement and dissemination of knowledge.
JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management) Contact Details
|Address||University of Jammu, Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road, Jammu Tawi (J&K)-180006 (INDIA).|
|Phone no||+91-7222022028, +91-7222022029, 0191-2456892|
JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test -BBA(Hotel Management) FAQ
1) What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Speed for Registration of On-Line Application on Internet, is based on various factors like Internet Speed, large number of candidates trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 30 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
2) Whether educational / community certificates are required to be attached along with registration?
No. Supported certificates are not required to be attached along with registration. These certificates will be verified for the JUET qualified candidates after the declaration of result / counseling.
3) Can a candidate who is awaiting final result apply for the JUET?
Yes. A candidate must have passed / appeared in the qualifying examination.
4) When was University of Jammu established?
The The University of Jammu was established in the year 1969.
5) What to do if photograph and signature are not getting uploaded or Can the photograph and signature be uploaded at some later stage?
Please check the size of photograph (30 to 100 KB) and signature (30 to 100 KB) and format of files must be JPG or JPEG.
6) I did not take print out of the payment challan after registration. Can I take it on a later date?
Yes. The print out of the payment challan can be taken at a later date on “Login” and input the fields, as required. This option will be available only till the date mentioned in the notification. But it is advisable to take the print out instantly.
7) I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?
“REGISTRATION NO.” is sent by auto-response confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of e-mail ID provided and policy of your e-mail service provider. They sometimes accept and sometimes divert such emails under bulk or spam mails or bounce back such mails without accepting it due to heavy number of emails generated by our application. In case of Govt. / official / company e-mail Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies. Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation / auto-response emails. “REGISTRATION NO.” is also sent by SMS to mobile number of the candidate given in the application. For the problem of service provider, department shall not be responsible for non-receipt of email / SMS.
8) What should I do if I forget my password?
If you forget or miss your Registration no. and password, use “Forget Password” link option on the “Applicant Login” page. Fill all necessary information to get your registration No. and Password.
9) How do I know that my application is registered successfully?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated “REGISTRATION NO.” The same will be sent through an email to email ID & SMS to mobile number of the candidate given in the application.
10) How do I know that my application is accepted for JUET?
Successful Registration details will be sent through an email to your email ID & SMS to your mobile number given in the application. You should fill complete form and download Fee challan and filled application Form. Your form will be accepted after your fee is confirmed by the bank.
11) Whether a candidate can register again if he has given any wrong information previously?
No. In application once submitted, no changes can be made. However an Edit option will be activated for editing such mistakes.
12) Will the University send me my Admit Card by post?
No. Only soft copy of Admit Card can be downloaded from the website using Registration number and input the fields, as required. Please visit the website regularly for updates.
13) I have printed the Fee Challan. Where do I deposit the FEE and by when it can be deposited?
You can pay your FEE in CASH at the J & K Bank branches. It should be paid on or before last date as mentioned on the challan.
14) What is the eligiblity criteria for JUET BBA(HM)?
- A Candidate who has secured 50% (40% for SC/ST Candidates) in Higher Secondary Part-II examination 10+2 Pattern of the Jammu & Kashmir Board of School Education or an examination recognized as equivalent thereof or possesses higher qualification.
- Sixty Seven percent (67%) of the total seats in The BBA (HM) shall be filled in the open merit category and Thirty Three percent (33%) of the total seats shall be filled in the reserved categories as per the norms and the statutes governing the BBA (HM) programme of the University.
15) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
16) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However you will have to produce your passing certificate at the time of admission and if you fulfill the prescribed eligibility you can take admission to the course.
17) What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for BBA(Hotel Management)?
There is no age bar for the student to apply for this course.
18) For how long is the JUET score valid?
The JUET score is valid for just one year.
19) What is the intake capacity of Jammu University ?
30 seats are filled up every year in the First year of BBA(Hotel Management)Course.
20) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
21) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
22) Is there any Hostel facility?
Yes, The University of Jammu provides hostel facility to its students and scholars. There are three girls hostels located on the main campus and four boys hostels, one of which is located in the old campus and the other three in the new campus. The allotment to the hostels is done by Provost Hostels on the basis of merit, to those students who reside more than 45 kms away from the University Campus. Each hostel has a capacity of 100-150 seats..
23) How Many Schools/Colleges are there at Jammu University?
There are 157 permanently/temporarily affiliated colleges of University of Jammu, spread across various districts of Jammu region. The College Development Council, University of Jammu serves as an academic guide to the Colleges and advises the University on all matters relating to development of affiliated colleges. Some of the courses under JUET are being offered in the affiliated Colleges.
24) What about campus placement?
We have a Placement Cell which helps in placement of students. On-campus placement activities are also organized at regular intervals. In every faculty Deans keep in regular touch with industries and employers and advise students on placement.
25) Does the University have state of art infrastructure?
Absolutely, yes. excellent Mess and Cafeteria, a well equipped Amphitheater and seminar halls, a well stocked library, Indoor and outdoor sports facilities, well coordinared transport network,Wi-fi hot spots, 24×7 internet access and round the clock security.
26) Is Jammu University NAAC accredited?
University of Jammu has voluntarily submitted itself for assessment and accreditation under National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for the third time. NAAC is an autonomous organization established in 1994 by the University Grants Commission to assess and accredit institutions of Higher learning. Assessment and accreditation by NAAC is done by a Peer Team of eminent academicians and academic administrators.
The NAAC Peer Team is visiting University of Jammu for Cycle III of assessment and accreditation from 27th Sept to 30th Sept 2016. As per NAAC, the NAAC Peer Team visits are neither an inspection nor an attempt to solve any grievances. The visits are conducted with a view to validate the reports submitted by the institutions and to study the strengths and weaknesses of the Institutions. This is done through interactions, inferences, checking and validation of relevant documents. The re-assessment and re-accreditation (Cycle II) of University of Jammu was done in 2009 and University was granted an “A” grade.
27) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.