How to Prepare
Kerala CEE - MCA 2017 Question Paper Format
Kerala CEE - MCA 2017 News and Updates
Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala conducts entrance examination for the admission to MCA course. 50% seats in the colleges will be filled by the score secured by the candidates in the entrance examination. Selection Process: - The admission process is based on merit. The ...Read more
Tentative Kerala CEE - MCA 2017 Exam Dates
|Admit Card End Date||Sep 23, 2017|
|Test Date||Sep 24, 2017|
|Test Start Date||Sep 24, 2017|
|Test Results Date||Oct 08, 2017|
Kerala CEE - MCA 2017
The Kerala Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) for Master of Computer Application course is an all India examination. The exam primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidates for master courses in the computer subject. The admission to MCA course is purely regulated on the basis of merit as assessed in the Entrance Examination. The post graduate course shall consist of a regular course of study for a minimum period of three academic years. The CEE exam is conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Government of Kerala. Applications are invited in the IT Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur and Kozhikode and in Private Self-financing IT Colleges of Kerala.
Kerala CEE - MCA 2017 Conducting Body
Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) conducted by Government of Kerala. The government of Kerala has a secretariat of its own. It is the highest echelon of state administrative structure offering locus for the exercise of authority by state Government. The secretariat refers to the complex of departments. So the government departments are classified according to the functions defined: Secretariat departments and Field Departments.
Kerala CEE - MCA Contact Details
|Address||The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.|
|Phone no||0471- 2332120, 2338487.|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
Kerala CEE - MCA FAQ
1) What are the procedures for applying online?
- First visit the official website and register.
- Note down the Application Number and remember the password.
- Login and give the details in the application carefully. Intermittently save the details which you have entered by clicking the 'Save' button. Fields marked in '*' are mandatory.
- After filling up all the required fields, make the final submission by clicking the 'Final Submission' button.
- Next enter the payment details, ie. whether by Security Card or by Demand Draft.
- After this, take printout of the application.
- Affix a passport size (3.5 x 3.5 cm) photograph (this should be the copy of uploaded photo), get it attested by a Gazetted Officer or the Head of the Institution where the candidate has last studied. The applicant and the parent should sign in the specified areas on the printout of the Application.
- Get Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format available in the body of the print out of the application.
- If the candidate claims any reservation, then use relevant format(s) of the certificate(s) and get it certified from the concerned authorities.
- Send all these documents to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 001 .
2) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 9.0.
3) How to enable Java Script in my browser?
In the Tools drop-down menu, select Options.
- Next, select the Content icon/tab at the top on the window.
- Press OK to close the Options window and save your changes.
- Finally, Refresh your browser
- In Internet Explorer
- In the Tools drop-down menu, select Internet Options.
- Next, select the Security tab.
- Then, select the Internet option.
- Then select the Custom Level button.
- Locate Scripting near the bottom of the list.
- Under Active Scripting, select Enable, then Press OK.
- Answer yes to the following conformation box.
- Press OK to close the Internet Options window.
- If menu bar is not visible for selecting Tool menu in your browser, just press ‘Alt’ key in your keyboard.
4) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
No need to complete all the procedures in a single step. You can do each step in different time. But logout from the portal each time should be ensured.
5) I forgot to note down my Application number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the application number?
There is no provision for retrieving the application number. If you do not complete the Payment section of online application, a new registration may be done and you will get a new application number.
6) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. Application number, DOB, Security Question and answer of it should be provided for resetting the password.
7) Is it compulsory to have an email-id/Mobile number?
Important messages and information regarding Kerala CEE will be sent to the provided email-id /mobile numbers. So either email-id/mobile number is mandatory for all candidates.
8) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Refer the ‘Photo guideline’ provided in the application portal.
9) How do I get certain Proforma (example, Income Certificate) before filling up of online application?
You can download any proforma from your home page after logging on the application portal. But you have to complete the ‘Candidate Registration’ (Step 1) for entering into the home page. The link ‘Additional Certificates’ in home page can be used for downloading the required proforma.
10) How can I pay the Application Fee?
Application fee can be paid in either of the two ways viz. a) by Security Card which can be purchased from selected Post Offices; or b) by way of Demand Draft (DD) drawn on a Nationalised/Scheduled Bank, in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. These details have to be entered in the Payment section of the online application.
11) Is it necessary to keep the Key Number after completing the online submission of application?
Key Number should be kept in safe custody till the end of admission procedure. The key number is required to further login for exercising options, taking allotment memo, etc.
12) I made payment of application fee by using Demand Draft. Where can I get the Key Number?
These candidates will be provided Key Number in a later stage that will be notified afterward.
13) Is there any concession in application fee for female/Single female child candidate?
No,there is not anyconcession in application fee for female/Single female child candidate.
14) Can I change the centre of the entrance examination?
No. Once you have selected the examination centre, it is not possible to change the centre.
15) Can I change the Course opted after final submission of application?
No. Courses cannot be changed.
16) What are the certificates that must be submitted to prove nativity?
- Candidates can submit any one of the following documents/certificates for satisfying their nativity requirements.
- Certificate to prove nativity for Keralites.
- True copy of relevant page of SSLC of the candidate showing his/her place of birth in Kerala. Self attested copy of this certificate has to be attached separately.
17) Whether income certificates obtained from other States in India will be accepted?
No.Income certificate obtained from a competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.
18) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards have to be downloaded by the candidate.
19) Who is eligible to appear in Kerala CEE - MCA?
Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level OR Should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects OR Should have passed in BCA Degree of minimum three years duration from a recognized University. The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree examination. For SEBC and physically handicapped candidates, the aggregate mark required is 45%. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient. No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted.
- Candidate seeking admission to the course should be qualified from any University in Kerala or any other Universities, recognised by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the Entrance Examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
20) I am doing final semester BCA course. Whether I am eligible to apply for Kerala CEE - MCA course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree examination. For SEBC and physically handicapped candidates, the aggregate mark required is 45%. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient. marks Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.
21) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No,you are not allowed.
22) I did not have Math at 10+2 level. Can I still apply for the Kerala CEE - MCA entrance?
No,you are not allowed .Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level OR Should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects .
23) For how long is the Kerala CEE - MCA score valid?
The Kerala CEE - MCA score is valid for just one year.
24) What is List the documents do I need to carry at the time of admission?
List of Certificate/Documents required:-
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination.
- SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
- Originals of Degree Certificate and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exam.
- Originals of Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the print out of application form.
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two copies of passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates who passed their qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the State shall produce “Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Applicant who is employed or a trainee in Government service, Scheduled Bank etc. should produce, at the time of interview, a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the office where the applicant is employed.
- The student who qualifies from other universities should produce migration certificate at the time of admission.
25) When will the allotment start?
Allotment is expected to start as per schedule published in the prospectus. Details of allotment process such as opening of web site and option registration, etc., will be notified in due course.
26) Whether income certificates obtained from other States in India will be accepted?
No. Income certificate obtained from a competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.
27) I belong to General category. Is it required to submit Income certificate?
It is better to submit income certificate by all candidates except SC/ST. Those (including General Category) who wish to avail the benefits such as fee concession/scholarships that may be notified by the Government or college authorities subsequently, based on annual family income, should furnish the Income Certificate along with the application itself. No further chance will be allowed to submit Income Certificate.
28) I belong to OE category, but my annual family income exceeds 4.5 lakh.Are there any fee benefits for such candidates?
Yes. But such candidates are not eligible for any communal reservations. They should submit community certificate to get fee concession benefits.
29) I have my caste noted as ‘Nair’ in my 10th Standard certificate. I am actually an inter-caste candidate (Ezhava & Nair). The Village Officer refused to give inter-caste certificate since the marriage was not registered. What should I do to avail Ezhava reservation?
The CEE is permitting reservation status in the case of inter-caste married couple, only on the basis of valid inter-caste marriage certificate obtained from the competent authorities and based on the claim of the candidate. Income certificate is not essential in this case.
30) My father and mother are in forward caste, but in different castes. Am I eligible for inter-caste benefit?
No. Children of Inter-caste married couple with either the father or mother belonging to a community included in SEBC/SC-ST list will be eligible for inter-caste benefit.
31) What do you mean by OCI / PIO?
- OCI – Overseas Citizen of India
- PIO – Persons of Indian Origin
- OCI and PIO issued by Govt. of India alone will be considered.
32) What should I do for claiming reservation under Sports quota?
Candidates who claim reservation under Sports Quota shall fulfill their eligibility based on the norms of Kerala State Sports Council appended in Annexure XVIII (ii) prior to submission of application, for the seats as prescribed in the Prospectus. The candidate should forward the original application form to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, and a photocopy of the application to the Secretary, Kerala State Sports Council, Thiruvananthapuram-695001.
33) I am an NCC cadet and I wish to be considered for admission under NCC quota. What should I do?
The candidates seeking admission under the NCC quota should forward the original application form to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, and a photocopy of the application to the Deputy Director General, NCC (Kerala), PB No.2212, Thiruvananthapuram-695010 through the respective NCC Unit Officers where the candidates have been enrolled as cadets.
34) If any prescribed format for claiming a reservation is not obtained along with the printout of application, how can it be downloaded?
All proforma can be downloaded from the candidate’s home page using the link ‘Additional certificates’ after logging on to it.