KIITEE (B.TECH) (KIITEE - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
KIITEE 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
KIITEE 2017 News and Updates
KIIT University conducts Admission Test for the B.Tech programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counseling process. Selection Procedure: - Firstly you are shortlisted on the basis of your performance in the entrance exam. You have to follow the ...Read more
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University will conduct an entrance examination which is Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination. The examination is abbreviated as KIITEE and will be held in on line mode. The examination will be held for the intake of candidates into UG Engineering courses. KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) is the All India Entrance Examination.
KIITEE 2017 Conducting Body
KIIT started as a modest vocational education institute in 1992 in rented premises in Bhubaneswar. By 1997 (considered as the base year) it commenced graduate programmers in Engineering and postgraduate programmers in Computer Applications and Management. The excellent academic ambiance, quality faculty, adherence to strict academic rigor and plethora of other academic activities led to grant of university status to the institute by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in the year 2004 just within six years (1997-2004) of its inception.
KIITEE Contact Details
|Address||Director Admissions Admission Cell (Koel Campus), KIIT University, P.O.-KIIT, Bhubaneswar-751024 Odisha, India.|
1) What is KIITEE ?
KIITEE is the KIIT University Entrance Exam which is held for admission to UG and PG courses. KIITEE for engineering, law and other programmes is to be held as computer based test in the month of April.KIIT University will be conducted KIITEE in the online computer based test mode. State wise examination dates have been given in the schedule.
2) How to register for KIITEE B.Tech ?
KIIT University Bubaneswar is published the online KIITEE Application Form on First week of December. Application form of KIITEE for all the courses is released online now. Key points to be noted about the KIITEE application form are given below:-
- KIIT University is released online application form.
- There is no application fee for KIITEE application form.
- Candidate must enter correct and verifiable details in the KIITEE application formand submit it in the online / offline manner instructed by the exam conducting body.
- Passport size photograph, signature of candidate and signature of guardian are asked for in the application form.
The facility to check application status is generally available around 20 days after the form has been submitted.
3) When does the registration for KIITEE B.Tech ends?
Registration for KIITEE B.Tech ends on March.
4) What is the mode of test?
KIITEE Management will be an “Objective-type” computer-based test where the questions would be shown and answers would be marked on a desktop computer.
5) What are the various test centers for KIITEE B.Tech?
KIITEE B.Tech will be conducted online in the following 26 centres: Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Jaypore, Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Guwahati, Bokaro, Patna, Raipur, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bangalore, Indore, Mumbai, Pune, Imphal, Shillong, New Delhi, Agartala, Allahabad, Kolkata, Siliguri, Durgapur, Ahmedabad and Jaipur.
6) When is KIITEE B.Tech exam held?
KIITEE B.Tech exam will be held from third week of April to last week of April.
7) When shall I receive the KIITEE B.Tech admit card?
You can download admit card from Second week of April. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.
8) How Can I Reprint My Application Form ?
Go to the website, click on the reprint application form tab.
9) How Can I Find My Application Number ?
Go to the website , click on the find application number for kiitee.
10) How Can I Know Whether My Application Has Been Received Or Not ?
Go to the website , click on the application status .
11) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the kiitee read more tab, then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about kiitee application”.
12) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
13) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of KIIT University.
(Note: Admit Card will not be dispatched in hard copy.)
14) What is the duration of the test?
KIITEE B.tech test is of two and half hours duration.
15) What are the eligibility criteria for taking KIITEE B.Tech ?
I. Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2016
II. Should have studied in regular full time formal education in their schooling/college.
III. Pass in 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.
16) How is the KIITEE B.Tech designed?
KIITEE will be held in on line mode i.e it will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates will have to solve 120 question in 180 minutes . Each of the 3 sections will contain 40 question for 4 marks each, which will only be awarded if the candidate will mark the correct option.
17) Will there be negative marking in KIITEE b.tech exam?
Yes,one mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect response.
18) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
19) When is KIITEE B.Tech results out?
Results will be available on the website by Second week of May.
20) For how long is the KIITEE B.Tech score valid?
The KIITEE B.Tech score is valid for just one year.
21) Is KIITEE B.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
22) What is the fee structure for the programs at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University (KIITEE) in B.Tech?
KIITEE B.Tech Annual Fee is 1,50,000/- p.a.
23) What are the specializations offered at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University(KIITEE) in B.Tech ?
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering(Automobile)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele -Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information technology
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation.
24) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
Note: 30% seats of each category will be reserved for women candidates. (Applicable for B.Tech (4 Years) & Dual Degree Programs only).
25) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
26) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
27) What is the Procedure of KIITEE B.Tech Counselling Process ?
Counselling and seat allotment are the processes wherein KIITEE qualified candidates are able to specify preference of seats and are allotted seats on basis of their merit and preference. For KIITEE Counselling will be done in the first, second, and third weeks of June.
28) For which colleges and programs is the KIITEE B. Tech required for admissions?
Engineering & Technology programmes of KIIT offers high quality, innovative and socially relevant academic programmes imparted by six constituent schools.
- School of Civil Engineering,
- School of Electrical Engineering,
- School of Computer Engineering,
- School of Mechanical Engineering,
- School of Electronics Engineering,
- School of Computer Application.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place