How to Prepare
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) 2016 Question Paper Format
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) 2016
KIITEE - KIIT University Own National Level Entrance Examination to be conducted across 15 cities in India. It’s a computer-based test. Based on the scores obtained in the Examination, candidates will be called for GD/PI. The exam is a common examination for programs offered by the KIIT University.
Electronics & Tele- Communication Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Instrumentation
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) 2016 Conducting Body
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) Conducted by KIIT University. KIIT started as a modest vocational education institute in 1992 in rented premises in Bhubaneswar. By 1997 (considered as the base year) it commenced graduate programmers in Engineering and postgraduate programmers in Computer Applications and Management. The excellent academic ambiance, quality faculty, adherence to strict academic rigor and the plethora of other academic activities led to the grant of university status to the institute by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in the year 2004 just within six years (1997-2004) of its inception.
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) Contact Details
|Address||Director Admissions Admission Cell (Koel Campus), KIIT University, P.O.-KIIT, Bhubaneswar-751024 Odisha, India.|
|Phone no||0674-2742103, 2741747|
KIITEE B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) FAQ
1) What is KIITEE ?
KIITEE is the KIIT University Entrance Exam which is held for admission to UG and PG courses. KIITEE for engineering, law and other programmes is to be held as computer based test in the month of April.KIIT University will be conducted KIITEE in the online computer based test mode. State wise examination dates have been given in the schedule.
2) How Can I Reprint My Application Form ?
Go to the website , click on the reprint application form tab.
3) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
4) How Can I Find My Application Number ?
Go to the website , click on the find application number for kiitee.
5) How Can I Know Whether My Application Has Been Received Or Not ?
Go to the website , click on the application status .
6) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
7) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the kiitee read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about kiitee application”.
8) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
9) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of KIIT University.
10) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech [Lateral Entry] Program?
- Pass in three years diploma course in Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of TechnicalEducation of any state or equivalent.
- Candidate should have born on or after 01.07.1992.
12) If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do B.Tech [Lateral Entry] through KIIT University?
Yes, provided the course is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards.
13) Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
14) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
15) Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission direct in the 2nd year of the course? If yes what is the criteria.
Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course.
16) Will there be negative marking in KIITEE B.tech exam?
Yes,one mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect response.
17) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
18) For how long is the KIITEE B.Tech [Lateral Entry] score valid?
The KIITEE B.Tech [Lateral Entry] score is valid for just one year.
19) Is KIITEE B.Tech [Lateral Entry] result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
20) What is the fee structure for the programs at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University (KIITEE)[Lateral Entry] in B.Tech?
KIITEE B.Tech Annual Fee is 1,66500/- p.a.
21) What are the specializations/Courses offered at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University(KIITEE) in B.Tech[Lateral Entry] ?
B.Tech.-Lateral Entry (3years)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechnical(Automobile Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation
22) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
Note: 30% seats of each category will be reserved for women candidates. (Applicable for B.Tech (4 Years) & Dual Degree Programs only).
23) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
24) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
25) What is the Procedure of KIITEE B.Tech[Lateral Entry] Counselling Process ?
Counselling and seat allotment are the processes wherein KIITEE qualified candidates are able to specify preference of seats and are allotted seats on basis of their merit and preference. For KIITEE Counselling will be done in the first, second, and third weeks of June.
26) For which colleges and programs is the KIITEE B. Tech[Lateral Entry] required for admissions?
Engineering & Technology programmes of KIIT offers high quality, innovative and socially relevant academic programmes imparted by six constituent schools.
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Computer Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electronics Engineering
- School of Computer Application.
27) Are there any scholarships provided under KIIT for engineering students?
- KIIT provides free education to the topper of KIITEE- (Only for B.Tech. and MCA) if admitted at KIIT University.
- In addition to this, KIIT provides scholarship to top 500 rank holders of KIITEE (B.Tech.) during his/her study period at KIIT subject to fulfilment of criteria.
- For General Rank 1 to 100 :- Rs. 36,000 per annum
- For Rank 101 to 500 :- Rs. 24,000 per annum
- Toppers (Best Ten) Of Central & State Boards :- Rs. 1,00,000 per annum .