KIITEE M.Tech. (KIITEE M.Tech. - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
KIITEE M.Tech. 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
KIITEE M.Tech. 2016
KIITEE - KIIT University Own National Level Entrance Examination to be conducted more than 35 cities in India. It’s a computer-based test. Based on the scores obtained in the Examination, candidates will be called for counseling. The exam is a common examination for programs offered by the KIIT University.
Course Offered -
- M.Tech Electrical Engineering:- Specialization in Power Electronics & Drives / Power Energy & System / Power System Engineering.
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering:- Specialization in Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science & Information Security / Data Analytics / Software Engineering.
- M.Tech Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering:- Specialization in Communication Engineering / VLSI Design & Embedded System / RF & Microwave.
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering: - Specialization in Manufacturing Process& Systems / Thermal Engineering / Machine Design.
- M.Tech Civil Engineering: - Specialization in Construction Engineering & Management / Structural Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering / Water Resources Engineering.
KIITEE M.Tech. 2016 Conducting Body
KIIT over the years Established in 1992 and opened five years later as a KIIT University is today one of the most prestigious universities in India. Its commitment to teaching excellence led to the grant of university status under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India in 2004, within only seven years of its inception. KIIT is relatively young, but prizes excellence and ambition. The contributions of KIIT's faculty, students and alumni have been earning national and international recognition. It serves more than 27,000 students through its 28 Schools imparting globally recognized bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in 100 plus disciplines, spanning engineering, medicine, management, biotechnology, law and more. Apart from global recognition and pedagogical excellence, the University provides the best possible academic and non-academic grooming and empowerment that enable one to become a global citizen and make an impact in the global workplace.
KIITEE M.Tech. Contact Details
|Address||Director Admissions Admission Cell (Koel Campus), KIIT University, P.O.-KIIT, Bhubaneswar-751024 Odisha, India.|
|Phone no||0674-2742103, 2741747|
KIITEE M.Tech. FAQ
1) What is KIITEE ?
KIITEE is the KIIT University Entrance Exam which is held for admission to UG and PG courses. KIITEE for engineering, law and other programmes is to be held as computer based test in the month of April.KIIT University will be conducted KIITEE in the online computer based test mode. State wise examination dates have been given in the schedule.
2) How Can I Reprint My Application Form ?
Go to the website , click on the reprint application form tab.
3) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
4) How Can I Find My Application Number ?
Go to the website , click on the find application number for kiitee.
5) How Can I Know Whether My Application Has Been Received Or Not ?
Go to the website , click on the application status .
6) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
7) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the kiitee read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about kiitee application”.
8) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
9) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of KIIT University.
10) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
11) When shall I receive the KIITEE M.Tech admit card?
You can download admit card from Second week of April. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.
12) What are the eligibility criteria for taking KIITEE M.Tech ?
- The eligibility criteria for KIITEE M.Tech admission 2017 is as given below:
- Candidates must have acquired B.Tech/B.E/AMIE/Grade-IETE Degree in the desired branch.
- Candidates must have secure first class or 60% CGPA in the degree course.
- GATE qualified candidates shall be accorded preference in the process of selection. GATE qualified candidates having Score 400 or above need not sit in the entrance Examination.
13) I am appearing final year B.Tech in CSE. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, you can.
14) I am a GATE qualifier? Can I get any advantage of it during the admission process?
Yes, you can get advantage of during the admission process.
15) Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D. after studying a Masters Programme from kIIT ?
Yes, you are eligible to pursue Ph.D. after studying a Masters Programme in KIIT .
16) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
17) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo KIIT M.Tech?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for KIIT admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
18) I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I eligible.
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria on website.
19) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
20) How are the marks awarded in KIITEE M.tech?
There is negative marking 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
21) For how long is the KIITEE M.Tech score valid?
The KIITEE M.Tech score is valid for just one year.
22) Is KIITEE M.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
23) What is the fee structure for the programs at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University (KIITEE) in M.Tech?
KIITEE M.Tech Annual Fee is 1,21900/- p.a.
24) What are the specializations/Courses offered at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University(KIITEE) in M.Tech ?
M.Tech. (2 years)
- M.Tech Electrical Engineering:- Specialization in Power Electronics & Drives / Power Energy & System / Power System Engineering
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering:- Specialization in Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science & Information Security / Data Analytics / Software Engineering
- M.Tech Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering: Specialization in Communication Engineering / VLSI Design & Embedded System / RF & Microwave.
- M.Tech Mechanical Engineering:- Specialization in Manufacturing Process& Systems / Thermal Engineering / Machine Design
- M.Tech Civil Engineering :-Specialization in Construction Engineering &Management / StructuralEngineering / Geotechnical Engineering / Water Resources Engineering.
25) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
26) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- GATE Score Card (for M.Tech. GATE Qualified only)
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
27) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
28) What is the Procedure of KIITEE M.Tech Counselling Process ?
Counselling and seat allotment are the processes wherein KIITEE qualified candidates are able to specify preference of seats and are allotted seats on basis of their merit and preference. For KIITEE Counselling will be done in the first, second, and third weeks of June.
29) For which colleges and programs is the KIITEE M. Tech required for admissions?
Engineering & Technology programmes of KIIT offers high quality, innovative and socially relevant academic programmes imparted by six constituent schools.
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Computer Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electronics Engineering
- School of Computer Application.
30) Are there any scholarships provided under KIIT for engineering students?
- KIIT Merit Scholarship is provided to the UniversityToppers(1st,2nd & 3rd ) of each semester for six
- KIIT has instituted Poverty-cum-Merit Scholarship for the poor and needy students. The amount and period of scholarship is decided based on the need of the selected candidates. The decision of the selection committee for selection of such candidates will be final.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place