LPUNEST B.Tech (LPUNEST B.Tech - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Completing the Form|
|Step 3||Payment of Fees|
LPUNEST B.Tech 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
LPUNEST B.Tech 2017 News and Updates
Lovely Professional University is being conducted ever year for the admission to National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) for B.Tech course. Here is the detailed information about selection and counselling process. Selection Procedure: - The selection will be on the basis of the rank ...Read more
LPUNEST B.Tech 2017
Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) for B.Tech aspirants. Students studying in 12th class can apply for LPUNEST. LPUNEST was started in 2009 and became one of the largest entrance tests in India just in 6 years with approximately 3 lakh students registering for the test in 2014. Registrations for LPUNEST will begin from 1st Week of November onwards. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule.
Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
Civil Engineering (CE)
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Electrical Engineering (EE)
Information Technology (IT)
Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Electronics and Computer Engineering
Chemical Engineering (CHE)
Automobile Engineering (AE)
CHE - Petroleum
LPUNEST B.Tech 2017 Conducting Body
Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test-LPUNEST B.TECH Exam Conducted by Lovely Professional University. Lovely Professional University has a mammoth ultra-modern high-tech campus sprawling over high-tech gigantic campus on the National Highway No.1 at the entry of Jalandhar City. It is the largest single-campus university in India, with more than 25000 students, 3500 faculties, and staff, offering more than 200+ programmers.
LPUNEST B.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar - Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1), Phagwara, Punjab (India) - 144411|
LPUNEST B.Tech FAQ
1) What does LPU stand for?
LPU stands for Lovely Professional University. It is India’s largest university in terms of students on a single campus. The university is recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC) and is member of coveted Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
2) Where is LPU located?
Lovely Professional University is located on the Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road, NH-1 (Punjab) at the entry to Jalandhar city and is well connected by road, rail, and air; having a reasonable distance from the bus stands, railway stations, and the airports at Amritsar and Chandigarh.
3) LPU NEST exam will be organized for which courses?
This exam is organized for B.Tech, MBA, Law, Design, Hotel Management, Agriculture, etc.
4) May I select any date from April 15 to 30 to sit for LPUNEST ?
Yes, you can choose any suitable date and test centre from April 15 to 30. However, the allocation of exam and test centre will be subject to availability. Also, applicants are advised to appear for the exam at the earliest to avoid last moment rush.
5) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
LPUNEST test centres are now in 50 countries as well as 140 cities of India. The list of LPUNEST(B.tech) test centres can be obtained in website.
6) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in First week of December (onwards). You will have to log onto the LPUNEST(B.tech) website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
7) What if I send an incomplete application form?
Application Form received without fee or otherwise incomplete in any respect or received after the stipulated dates for submission, may not be considered/evaluated for admission or may be summarily rejected without assigning any clarification or intimation.
8) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech Program?
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English)* subject to qualifying LPUNEST.
* For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology), B.Tech. Biotechnology (Hons.), Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - M.Tech., Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology) - MBA Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology; other things remaining same as above.
* For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum), Integrated B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum) - MBA Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English; other things remaining same as above.
*For B.Tech. (ME- Agriculture Engineering), and Integrated (ME- Agriculture Engineering) - MBA Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English or 10+2 (Agriculture); other things remaining same as above.
9) I am appearing in the 12th class examination. Can I apply for LPU NEST (B.Tech)?
Yes, you are eligible to apply.
10) Which subjects are compulsory to appear for LPU NEST (B.Tech) exam?
Physics, Mathematics & English subjects are compulsory for B.Tech.
11) What is the mode of LPU NEST 2018 examination for B.Tech?
The examination will be conducted in online mode.
12) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
13) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
14) How am I Eligible for admission to B.tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
15) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
16) What if I fail to submit pending documents by the stipulated dates?
In case an applicant fails to produce proof of fulfillment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission, and the admission, in any case, if granted due to any reason, shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university. Fee and other charges, including amount paid for provisional registration by the candidate, if any, shall stand forfeited and the candidate shall further be liable to pay the fee and other charges for the remaining/ entire duration of the programme.
17) I passed 12th in 2016. I didn't get 75% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks?
If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.
18) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for LPU NEST (B.Tech)?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for LPU NEST (B.Tech) .
19) I had appeared in LPU NEST (B.Tech)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in LPU NEST (B.Tech)-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for LPU NEST (B.Tech)-2017.
20) May I use calculator in the examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
21) For how long is the LPUNEST(B.Tech) score valid?
The LPUNEST(B.Tech)score is valid for just one year.
22) What should the candidate do if he/she does not have the scorecard available with him / her & not even available on the internet?
No, to apply in Lovely Professional University, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.
23) What is the fee structure for the programs at LPUNEST(B.Tech)?
Fee applicable to applicants admitted on the basis of LPUNEST will be as per details given below:
89,500/- Per Semester
99,500/- Per Semester
24) What are the specializations offered at LPUNEST ?
Examine the streams below to determine which engineering concentrations appeal to you:
1.Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
2.Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
3.Information Technology (IT)
4.Mechanical Engineering (ME)
5.ME - Mechatronics*#
6.ME - Agriculture Engineering*#
8.Automobile Engineering (AE)*#
9.Civil Engineering (CE)
10.Electrical Engineering (EE)
11.Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)#
12.Electronics and Computer Engineering*#
14.BT - Food Technology*#
15.Chemical Engineering (CHE)*#
16.CHE - Petroleum*#
25) Is Lovely Professional University recognized by UGC?
Lovely Professional University is recognized by University Grants Commission, a statutory body of the Government of India; established for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India. Lovely Professional University is included in the list of universities maintained by University Grants Commission under Section – 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
26) Will my 10+2 scores help me getting any scholarship in LPUNEST ?
On the basis of marks in 10+2 :
All those applicants who ‘qualify LPUNEST (may or may not be among top 35% applicants appearing for LPUNEST) may also avail Scholarship on the basis of Marks in Qualifying Examination (10+2) as per the following table:
Applicable fee after
after scholarship for
Equal to or more than 98% marks in 10+2
(subject to ‘qualifying LPUNEST-2017’)
1.5 Lac per annum
14,500 Per Semester
24,500 Per Semester
Between 90% to 97.99% marks in 10+2
(subject to ‘qualifying LPUNEST-2017’)
1 Lac per annum
39,500 Per Semester
49,500 Per Semester
Between 80% - 89.99% marks in 10+2
(subject to ‘qualifying LPUNEST-2017’)
80,000 per annum
49,500 Per Semester
59,500 Per Semester
Between 70% - 79.99% marks in 10+2
(subject to ‘qualifying LPUNEST-2017’)
60,000 per annum
59,500 Per Semester
69,500 Per Semester
27) Will I get any fee concession or scholarship if I perform well in LPUNEST ?
Yes, Top 35% applicants’ appearing for LPUNEST (subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2017), will be eligible for Scholarship upto `1.5 Lac per annum (i.e upto ` 7.5 lac in case of 5 years integrated Programme and `6 Lac in case of 4 years for B.Tech. programmes). Scholarship details are as per the following table :
|Performance in LPUNEST-2017||Scholarship Amount|
|90% Marks in LPUNEST-2017||1.5 Lac Per Annum|
|Top 10% applicants||1 Lac Per Annum|
Next 10% applicants (i.e. 11% - 20%)
|80,000 Per Annum|
|Next 15% applicants (i.e. 21% - 35%)||60,000 Per Annum|
28) Is LPU a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)?
Yes, LPU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) .
29) Do all students get hostel facilities?
LPU Hostels are the biggest in the country with the capacity to accomodate more than 10000 students. The Hostels are majorly of two type
1. Standard Rooms: Standard Rooms are lodge like arrangement where students can live in a shared 4/3/2/1 seater room with an option of having Air Cooled or Air Conditioned Ventilation.
2. Apartments: Apartments are 1/2/3/4 rooms with attached washrooms. These facilities are constructed to provide a luxurious accomodation. The apartment has common kitchen area, dining and lobby area.
LPU Hostel provides On-Campus accomodation for Students, Teachers and Non Academic Staff, making it a biggest residential arrangement in the region.
30) If there is any uniform to attend the university?
Except for the few programs like in Hotel management, airlines and few other selected programs there are no uniforms. Yes, it is expected that all student should wear the decent clothes while you are in the university campus.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place