Manipal University Online Entrance Test (Lateral B.Tech) (MU-OET - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
MU-OET 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
MU-OET 2017 News and Updates
Manipal University is synonymous with excellence in higher education. Over 28,000 students from 57 different nations live, learn and play in the sprawling University town, nestled on a plateau in Karnataka’s Udupi district. It also has nearly 2500 faculty and almost 10000 other support and ...Read more
Manipal University, Karnataka invites all the applicants for admission into Medical and Engineering courses . Admission into the said courses will be done on the basis of rank in the All India Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET). Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), commonly referred to as Manipal University, will conduct Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET) - LATERAL B.TECH in the month of MAY - JUNE.Candidates are admitted directly to 2nd year.
MU-OET 2017 Conducting Body
Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET) will conduct by Manipal University. Manipal University is synonymous with excellence in higher education. Over 28,000 students from 57 different nations live, learn and play in the sprawling University town, nestled on a plateau in Karnataka’s Udupi district. It also has nearly 2500 faculty and almost 10000 other support and service staff, who cater to the various professional institutions in health sciences, engineering, management, communication and humanities which dot the Wi-Fi-enabled campus.
MU-OET Contact Details
|Address||Director, Indian Admissions, Room No. 102, Manipal University, Manipal - 576 104 Karnataka, India.|
|Phone no||+91 11 23230059;23232429;23232305|
1) Where is Manipal located, and what are the facilities available here?
The Manipal Group institutions are located on scenic campuses, providing a high-quality lifestyle and ideal environments for study. The Manipal campus is situated on the Malabar Coast, between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, in south Karnataka. The place is known for its moderate temperature and spectacular mountain views. The campus has excellent buildings, academic facilities and student amenities for accommodation, sports, and other extra-curricular activities.
The professional colleges are known for their hi-tech labs, museums, and faculty who have rich and varied backgrounds, having been trained and worked all over the globe. Campuses provide a cosmopolitan and congenial atmosphere through which students from over 55 countries create life-long friendships.
2) Are the courses offered by the Manipal University recognised?
Manipal University is established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide notification #F9-8/89-U.3 dated 1/6/1993 of the Government of India. All the courses offered by Manipal University are in conformity to the guidelines laid down by UGC. All professional courses are recognised by respective councils like MCI, DCI, AICTE, INC, PCI etc.
3) Can I obtain my application by post?
Yes, by sending DD for the required amount.
4) Do I need to come down to Manipal to receive / submit the application form?
No, the application can be obtained by post/ banks and can be submitted through post. You can also apply online.
5) Where can I get the prospectus and application forms?
The application material can be obtained from the Director, Admissions, Manipal University. The application material is also available online and also sold through various branches of State Bank of India.
6) If I have to apply for more than one course, should I get that many application forms?
Courses are combined under different groups. Only one application is sufficient for courses under the same group. Separate applications are required for courses under different groups.
7) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to MU?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
8) Is there any capitation fee?
No. There is no capitation fee. You only pay tuition/course fees which have been mentioned in the fee schedule. Please browse through the program which you want to apply for to know the course fee.
9) In whose favour should the application/entrance test demand draft (DD) be made, where should it be drawn and in which bank should it be made?
DD should be made in favour of ‘Manipal University’ payable at Manipal or Udupi. DD can be made from any nationalised banks.
10) Can I get model/previous year question paper?
No, Manipal University will not provide any model or previous year question paper.
11) What is a computer based online entrance test, what basic knowledge is required to answer this test?
In the Online Entrance Test, the candidate sits in front of the computer and the questions appear on the monitor and the candidate submits his answers through use of a key board or mouse. Online Entrance Tests assume the candidate has basic familiarity with use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the University cannot take responsibility for the same.
12) Printout of E-hall ticket should be in colour or black & white?
The hall ticket can be printed either in colour or black & white.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech [Lateral Entry]Program?
3 years Diploma in Engineering granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government or passed BSc Degree from a recognized University with atleast 45% marks and passed Xll standard with Mathematics as a subject.
14) If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do B.Tech [Lateral Entry]through Manipal University?
Yes, provided the course is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards.
15) Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
16) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
17) Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission direct in the 2nd year of the course?
If yes what is the criteria. Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course.
18) How and when are the results of the MU entrance test announced?
We put out the results on our website. You can also call the admission office at +91-92437-77733.
19) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Manipal insitute of technolgy(MIT) ?
CANDIDATES ARE ADMITTED DIRECTLY TO SECOND YEAR IN THE FOLLOWING STREAM:
B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Industrial & Production Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechatronics
- B.Tech in Printing & Media Technology.
20) Will I get hostel / hotel accommodation?
Candidates coming for counselling and admission must make their own arrangements for stay. There are plenty of hotels available in Manipal and Udupi. Candidates can log into www.udupipages.com for more details. Almost all candidates admitted are accommodated in Hostels.
21) Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
Yes, the authorised representative must carry the proper authorisation, fees and all the original documents required for admission.
22) Should I need to pay the admission / tuition fee at the time of counselling / admission?
Yes, the fee is to be paid on the day of counselling/admission.
23) Is there any facility for payment of fees in installments?
No, the entire first year fees is to be paid on the day of counselling/admission and subsequent fees on the dates to be notified.
24) Is there any good hostel facility with attached dinning?
Yes, all hostels have mess facility.
25) Will I get hostel allotment at the time of admission?
Yes, all admitted candidates will be accommodated in the hostels.
26) Is there any extracurricular activities avenues promoted / facility available at Manipal University where I can improve upon my skills?
There are plenty of facilities and promoted avenues for the overall personality development.
27) Can I take back the original documents?
The original documents cannot be given back. The University will retain these documents till the completion of the course. Acknowledgement for the original documents will be given.
28) What about placement after completion of course?
Manipal University has an excellent placement cell.
29) What is the Manipal University fee code to be mentioned in the challan?
“A” is the fee code of Manipal University.
30) Do we receive a laptop for all the courses offered in Manipal University?
Laptops will be given to all students admitted to MBBS, BDS, BTech, BTech (LATERAL), BArch and MBA courses.
31) Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees?
No, the mess charges will be collected annually along with hostel facilities fees & utility charges.
32) Where can I avail for a loan facility?
A loan facility can be availed from respective bank branches. There is no loan facility offered by Manipal University.
33) I have submitted my original documents in the other counselling. What can be done so that i can attend the counselling in Manipal University?
You are required to produce the acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.
34) Is it necessary for the parents to accompany children during counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for parents to attend the counselling.
35) My counselling at MU coincides with a counselling at another college. Where should I give my original documents?
- We understand that you might apply for admission simultaneously to more than one college.
- If you are required to appear for counselling at another college at the same time as at MU, just bring some proof of the counselling at the other college.
- And don’t forget to bring the photocopies of the required documents you need for your MU counselling, like marksheets etc.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place