Courses & Exams
News & Articles

Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT)-M.Sc News & FAQ


May 25, 2018 03:49 PM

Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) has won the Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award in the academic ...

May 21, 2018 10:52 AM

CHSE +2 Science result 2018 has been announced. Students who appeared for the exams can check their class 12 result ...

May 14, 2018 04:02 PM

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) has released the official schedule for TNAU Admission and Counselling 2018 ...

April 30, 2018 09:52 AM

The Department of Mathematics at IIT Bombay will launch four-year B.Sc course in Mathematics from the upcoming academic ...

April 25, 2018 03:48 PM

Taking the lesser employment opportunities in IT sector of Bengal into consideration, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad ...


Who Can Apply for AUAT-M.Sc? <ul> <li>Any Citizen of West Bengal (in General Quota) less than 25 years of age for M.Sc courses can apply. &nbsp;</li> <li>A foreign candidate can also contact the University for admission in desired courses. &nbsp;</li> <li>There is no reservation of seats except the &lsquo;Physically Handicapped&rsquo; category. 5% of seats are reserved for the students who are not the domicile of West Bengal. &nbsp;</li> <li>Such candidates have to apply in &lsquo;Other States (OS)&rsquo; quota. These candidates have to submit relevant documents with their confirmation sheet.</li> </ul>

Is registration necessary? How does it work? <p>Yes. Registration is a process in which your email-id and preferred password are saved in a database. On successful registration, an email will be sent to your registered email-id with a confirmation link for verification. You need to click on this link to complete the registration process. After confirming your account, use the Apply link to submit your application.</p>

To apply do I need to have an email-id? <p>Candidates must have a valid email-id prior to registering themselves with (AUAT) M.Sc .</p>

Is it possible to fill-up the form in fragments/parts since it is a long one? <p>Yes. It is possible to fill up the form in fragments. Even one can save the form after filling the mandatory fields in the first page and enter other data in the next login. However, it is advised to do it in one go whenever one is ready with all the details.</p>

What are these email-id and password required for? <p>The email-id (used as your user-id) and password (whatever you wish) are required to create an account with the AUAT website for submitting the ON-LINE application form.</p>

Is it possible to make payment of the application fee after submitting the application? <p>NO. Further instructions will be provided later.</p>

Is there a capitation fee? <p>No, No donation or capitation fee is required to be paid for admission to any course offered by the University.</p>

My Credit/Debit card is not working while paying the application fee. What should I do? <p>Only Master and Visa cards are acceptable for fee payment by Credit/Debit card. If you do not have one, then take help of friends/relatives who have these cards.&nbsp;</p>

When shall I receive the AUAT - M.Sc admit card? <p>You can download admit card from last week of June. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.</p>

What is my Unique Submission Number or What Unique Number will be sent as confirmation of my form submission ? <p>The Unique Submission Number will be identified by the string &quot;Your Application form ID is XXXX&quot;where xxxx is your application number in the mail you receive after form submission. [This number is valid only when it is received in a email from us]. An email will be sent only after successful submission of application. If you don&#39;t receive this email, then contact us immediately.</p>

Can I change my test centre? <p>No, you cannot change the test centre.&nbsp;</p>

Where and How to Send the Confirmation Sheet? <ul> <li>After submitting the online application successfully, a confirmation sheet / Application pdf bearing the full application summery with the photo and signature of the candidate will be generated by the system. Candidates have to print the confirmation sheet, and send it with the photocopies of all the testi monials (Marks sheets, Age proof, proof of PC/OS if applicable) to the University address.</li> <li>Candidates have to send the &lsquo;Confirmation sheet&rsquo; to the University office by speed post/Registered Post in the address given below:</li> </ul> <p>The Chairman AUAT , Aliah University, New Town Campus, Action Area - II, Kolkata- 700 156 .</p>

What are the eligibility criteria for AUAT - M.Sc? <p><strong>2-year M.Sc. in Mathematics and Computing:-</strong><br /> Candidates who have passed the final examination of the three-year degree programme with 50% marks in Mathematics from any recognized University may apply.<br /> &nbsp;<br /> <strong>2-year M.A./M.Sc. in Geography:-</strong><br /> Candidates who have passed the final examination of the three-year degree programme with 45% marks in concerned Honours/Major subject from any recognized University may apply.<br /> &nbsp;<br /> <strong>2-year M.Sc. in Statistics and Informatics / 2-year M.A./M.Sc. in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC):-&nbsp;</strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Candidates who have passed the final examination of the three-year degree programme with 40% marks in concerned Honours/Major subject from any recognized University may apply.</p>

If I have scored less than 50% in my graduation; am I eligible for the test? <p>Yes,you can apply for 2-year M.A./M.Sc. in Geography,2-year M.Sc. in Statistics and Informatics,2-year M.A./M.Sc. in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC) But not for 2-year M.Sc. in Mathematics and Computing.</p>

I am final year student/My final year/Semester result is not yet declared. Am I eligible to apply? <p>Yes, those candidates who are studying in the final year and would be expecting their final results by mid of July, can apply. However, they will have to produce their final certificate of eligibility qualification at the time of interview.</p>

Is mathematics compulsory to study Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mathematics and Computing.? <p>Yes, it is compulsory to study mathematics in Bachelor degree.</p>

For how long is the AUAT M.Sc score valid? <p>The AUAT M.Sc score is valid for just one year.</p>

How do I obtain my degree/certificate for Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) M.Sc.? <p>To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to : New Town Campus IIA/27, New Town, Kolkata-700 156, India.</p>

Is Aliah University a U.G.C. Government Recognized University? <p>Aliah University is a UGC,AICTE and NCTE approved Autonomous Institution under the Dept. of Minority Affairs and Madrash Education,Govt. of West Bengal.</p>

What are the areas of Specialization in M.Sc ? <p>There are:</p> <ul> <li>2-year M.Sc. in Mathematics and Computing</li> <li>2-year M.A./M.Sc. in Geography</li> <li>2-year M.Sc. in Statistics and Informatics</li> <li>2-year M.A./M.Sc. in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC).</li> </ul>

Can I take back the original documents with me? <p>Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.</p>

Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling? <p>No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.</p>

Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission? <p>We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.</p>

Which resources are available in Aliah University library? <p>Apart from regular text books, journals, law repoters, etc; our institute has also subscribed on-line legal debates like Manu patra and the laws.</p>

When do I need to pay admission / tuition fee? <p>The first year fees is paid on the day of counselling/admission. Subsequent fees must be paid on the dates that will be notified through official website.</p>

I have submitted my original documents at the time of counselling at the other college. What should I do now? <p>You should give us an acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.</p>

Science News
Science Articles