National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam for M.Des (NIFT M.Des - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
NIFT M.Des 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
NIFT M.Des 2016
The National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the premier institution that imparting the professional degree courses in the field of fashion technology & design. The National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam for Postgraduate Degree (NIFT Entrance Exam M.Des) is conducted for admission in the M.Des. The institute invites the application from all Indian and foreign candidates for the admission through the NIFT Entrance Exam. The NIFT entrance exam will be conducted by the NIFT in selected Major cities of India.
- Master of Design (Design Space) - M.Des (DS)
NIFT M.Des 2016 Conducting Body
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a fashion institute in India. It was set up in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business. NIFT was granted statutory status in 2006, empowering it to award degrees and other academic distinctions. With its head office in New Delhi, NIFT has centers at Mumbai, Kolkata, Kangra, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Raebareli, Patna, Shillong, Bhopal, Kannur, Bhubaneswar and Jodhpur where it offers four-year bachelor and two-year master programmes in the areas of Design, Management and Technology.
NIFT M.Des Contact Details
|Address||NIFT Campus, No. 21st, 16th Cross Street 27th Main Road, Sector I HSR (Hosur Sarjapura Road) Layout, Bengaluru – 560 102 (Karnataka)|
|Phone no||(080) 22552550/51/52|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
NIFT M.Des FAQ
1) Do you have any agency or representatives for admission?Is there any management quota?
No. Admissions are purely on merit based. Please do not be fooled by misrepresentation by any person(s). NIFT does not have any management quota.
2) I belong to middle class / lower middle class background. Is NIFT for me? Is it expensive?
Students from any background can study comfortably in NIFT and make their career. The NIFT fee amount is among the lowest in similar Institutes. Moreover you can avail of education loans. The repayment of loan starts after you are employed. So you can finance your own education.
3) How can I get the NIFT prospectus?
The prospectus is available on the NIFT website (www.nift.ac.in).
4) What if I forget to take a printout of the Online application form after submission?
Candidates can view the application by clicking the button “Action 4: View Application” and can take a printout of the same for their record any time.
5) How may programmes can be selected?
At one time only one programmes can be selected.
6) What will decide my domicile status?
State domicile seats are offered at the following NIFT Campuses:
The domicile of the student will be the state in which the candidate has completed his/her class 12th examination/ graduation/qualifying degree. A certificate from the school /college may be obtained. In case the candidate has obtained the qualifying certificate/ degree through Distance Learning mode, the address of the school attended regularly by the candidate will determine his/her domicile status.
7) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
8) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
9) Can I change the examination centre after submission of application form?
No, requests for change in the examination centre will not be entertained at any stage.
10) What is the eligibility criterion for admission?
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Note: Design Space is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. M.Des. would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of Master programme. The programme provides an option to students to earn final semester credits through ‘Course Work’ or a ‘Dissertation’.
11) I am in the final year of Graduation at my College / University. My exams / thesis / juries for my last year / last semester are still pending and I will not receive final grades or degree certificate from my University by the date of admission. Can I still apply?
IIf you are currently in last semester of the course, you can apply, provided that you are able to produce a letter from your College / University, that you are currently registered in the last year / last semester and you are appearing for the finals exams and can finish all the formalities to get the final degree before the date of commencement of the semester at NIFT.
Candidates who get admission offer will be admitted provisionally. The students should submit the original mark sheet from the Institute/University along with the migration certificate by the beginning of the semester. Students should have completed all the formalities related to their previous degree before the commencement of the first semester at NIFT. Failure to which will lead to cancellation of admission.
12) I have done my graduation / postgraduation through correspondence course. Am I eligible for the program?
No,but if done your Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only you are eligible.
13) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
14) What is the duration of the exam?
The exam duration is 2 hours and will be conducted in a single section.
15) What is the minimum age required for PG course?
For Master Programmes there is no age limit.
16) For how long is the NIFT M.Des score valid?
The NIFT M.Des score is valid for just one year.
17) How many heads of departments are there in NIFT?
Two –DEAN (A) and Head (AA).
18) Who are key persons at the campus level?
The key persons at the campus level are the
- Joint Director
- Campus Coordinators
- Regional Industry Coordinator
- Cluster Initiative Coordinator
The details of the centers and their contacts are available at www.nift.ac.in.
19) Are there any guidelines and Norms for Woman’s Grievance Committee?
Yes there are guidelines and Norms for women’s grievance cell. The same may be gathered from Page numbers 83, 84, 85 of the establishment manual. The establishment manual is available on www.nift.ac.in.
20) What does the standing Internal Advisory Committee does and how do they function?
The standing internal advisory committee has been constituted by DG –NIFT for transparent, objective and participative decision making. The details of the various units are Cleary spelt out in the establishment manual from page number 75 to 82.
21) What is the selection Process of various administrative and academic posts in NIFT?
The Selection process for various groups Academic, Administrative and technical posts in NIFT explained in the establishment manual from page number 134 to 142. It is available on NIFT website.
22) What is the conduct rules followed in NIFT?
NIFT follows Government of India; central Civil services (CONDUCT) Rules, 1964 as amended from time to time.
23) What are the specializations offered at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in M.Desgin ?
Following are the Specialization
Master of Design (M.Des.) - 2 years
- Design Space.
24) Is NIFT Degree recognized?
Yes. NIFT has been granted statutory status under an Act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.President of India is the ‘Visitor’ of the Institute under the Act. NIFT is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
25) Do you have reservation of seats for SC/ST?
Seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates (PHP) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC /
NRI in each programme are as under :
- SC :- 15 %
- ST :- 7.5%
- OBC (NonCreamy) :- 27 %
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) :-3% horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamyand General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation.
- Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI :- 15 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile :- 20 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir :-3 5 % within 30 seats.
26) What is the intake capacity of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)?
90 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.Design. Course. These seats are offered in Kannur,New Delhi and Mumbai Campuses.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place