How to Prepare
PMUET 2016 Question Paper Format
PMU Entrance test (PMUET) for B.Tech is an all India entrance exam for taking admission in undergraduate Engineering degree Programs Organized by Periyar Maniammai University. Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test is abbreviated as PMUET.
PMUET 2016 Conducting Body
Periyar Maniammai University is proud to be a unique institution of higher learning and academic excellence. In an endeavour to fulfil the dreams of our Mentor Thanthai Periyar and Annai Maniammaiyar, the University is dedicated to its societal responsibility for transforming students from different parts of India and abroad into stalwarts by igniting their hidden talents. As it is located in a rural area, the students are admitted from a wide range of calibre and by personal attention, and modern teaching methodology towards a Product / Process / Demo / Case Study teaching, they are shaped into career oriented professionals with bright future.
PMUET Contact Details
|Address||Periyar Maniammai University Periyar Nagar, Vallam Thanjavur - 613 403 Tamilnadu India|
|Phone no||+91 4362 264600|
1) Where can I get the application form for PMUET ?
Candidate who wants to take up the PMUET entrance test can get the application form from the university or from the information centers and can send the filled application form along with the DD by drawn in favor of "The Registrar, Periyar Maniammai University" to the address mentioned in the prospects. Candidates can also download the application form from the official site and Rs. 50 waived for online application.
2) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
3) How to make payment of PMUET application fee through Challan?
The applicants are required to print both PMUET application form and challan, carry both to the bank for payment. They need to submit the hard copy of application form along with the copy of stamped challan.
4) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their PMUET Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
5) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
6) Is there any negative mark for wrong answer?
Yes, for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
7) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
8) I am appearing in the 12th class examination. Can I apply for PMUET (B.Tech)?
Yes, you are eligible to apply.
9) Which subjects are compulsory to appear for PMUET(B.Tech) exam?
Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology & English subjects are compulsory for B.Tech.
10) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th-year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
11) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the University either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
12) I obtained 49.99% - am I eligible?
No, 50% means strictly 50.00% or above.
13) Is PMUET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
14) For how long is the PMUET score valid?
The PMUET score is valid for just one year.
15) How to calculated cut-off marks for PMUET B.Tech?
Cut off Mark calculation for B.Tech:
Maths-50% + Physics-25% + Chemistry-25% = 200 Marks
Biology-50% + Physics-25% + Chemistry-25% = 200 Marks
Maths-50% + (Vocational theory + Practical I+ Practical II) - 50% = 200 Marks
And other eligible combinations of subjects including Vocational subjects as calculated by the State / Central Government.
16) What is the fee structure for the B.tech programs at Periyar Maniammai University?
The fee to be paid:- Rs-99,000 per annum.
17) What about Hostel accommodation in Periyar Maniammai University?
There are four hostels - three of them Annai Nagammaiyar, Vittobai and Swarna Renganathan hostel are for women and they can accommodate around 2000 women students and the Chakravarthi hostel for men can accommodate 600 students. Hostels are located within the campus in the clean and calm environment, conducive for living and learning.
18) What about Placement facilities in Periyar Maniammai University?
Periyar Maniammai University has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs. As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the University prior to their leaving the campus.
Students were placed in …
Dell India Ltd