How to Prepare
PMUET 2016 Question Paper Format
PMUET 2016 News and Updates
Periyar Maniannai University conducts admission process for M.Tech course every year. The candidates can check the detailed selection and counseling process here. Selection Process: - The admission divided the seats into two categories. 50% of M.Tech seats will be allotted to those ...Read more
Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test - M.Tech is an all India entrance exam for taking admission in Post Graduate Engineering degree Programs offered at Periyar Maniammai University. The Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test is abbreviated as PMUET. The exam is conducted by the university itself and proffers admission in various institutes under the university, viz. School Of Agricultural Engineering & Science, school Of Engineering And Technology(SET), School Of Computing Sciences And Engineering(SCSE).
Specializations of M.Tech course offered at Periyar Maniammai University are:
- Department of Civil Engineering
- M.Tech. in Construction Engineering & Management
- M.Tech. in Structural Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech - Wireless Communication Systems (Full time & Part time)
- M.Tech – Nano Technology (Full time & Part time)
- M.Tech – Nano Technology(Integrated) Full Time
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.Tech. Power Electronics & Drives (Full time and Part time)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech. in Renewable Energy (Full time and Part time) supported by Periyar R&D Centre for Solar and Bio-Energies
- M.Tech. in Automation & Control (Full time and Part time) supported by Centre of Excellence for Training and Research in Automation Technologies and in collaboration with M/s Bosch Rexroth (India) Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Full Time and Part Time)
- Department of Information Technology
- M.Tech. (Software Engineering)
PMUET 2016 Conducting Body
Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test - M.Tech conducted by Periyar Maniammai University. Periyar Maniammai University is proud to be a unique institution of higher learning and academic excellence. In an endeavor to fulfill the dreams of our Mentor Thanthai Periyar and Annai Maniammaiyar, the University is dedicated to its societal responsibility for transforming students from different parts of India and abroad into stalwarts by igniting their hidden talents. As it is located in a rural area, the students are admitted from a wide range of caliber and by personal attention, and modern teaching methodology towards a Product/Process/Demo/Case Study teaching, they are shaped into career-oriented professionals with bright future.
PMUET Contact Details
|Address||Periyar Maniammai University Periyar Nagar, Vallam Thanjavur - 613 403 Tamilnadu India|
|Phone no||+91 4362 264600|
1) What is PMUET?
PMUET (Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test) is an entrance test conducted by Periyar Maniammai University for admission into various under graduate and post graduate programs such as B. Arch, B. Tech, M. Tech, MBA, MCA, M. Sc, MA, M. Phil, MSW and B. Ed offered by the Periyar Maniammai University and its affiliated colleges. Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test (PMUET) is being conducted every year in the month of April.
2) How can I reach your university ?
- Trichirappalli is the nearest International Airport. It takes 2 hours to reach our campus
- Thanjavur Junction is the nearest railway station. It takes half an hour to reach our campus from there
- Thanjavur old bus stand is 12km away from university and new bus stand is 6km from the university.
- Our University representatives will receive you from either Old bus stand/New bus stand/Thanjavur Junction.
3) What is the admission procedure for PUMET M.tech?
The admission to M.Tech (Regular) shall be done with:
Criteria I: 50% of the seats shall be based on Uni-GAUAGE EMeD PG Exam scores and the marks obtained in the Qualifying examination as per the Rules and Regulations of Statutory
Criteria II: 50% of the seats shall be based on the normalized marks obtained in the Qualifying examination as per the Rules and Regulations of Statutory Bodies.
4) Where can I get the application form for PMUET ?
Candidate who want to take up the PMUET entrance test can get the application form from the university or from the information centers and can send the filled application form along with the DD by drawn in favor of "The Registrar, Priyar Maniammai University" to the address mentioned in the prospects. Candidates can also download the application form from the official site and Rs. 50 waived for online application.
5) How to make payment of PMUET application fee through Challan?
The applicants are required to print both PMUET application form and challan, carry both to bank for payment. They need to submit hard copy of application form along with the copy of stamped challan.
6) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
7) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their PMUET Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
10) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
11) What is the eligibility criteria for PMUET M.Tech ?
A Degree in B.E / B.Tech or Equivalent.
12) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech.course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 50% marks altogether.
13) What is the duration of these M.Tech courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
14) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
15) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
16) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
17) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
18) For how long is the PMUET score valid?
The PMUET score is valid for just one year.
19) Is PMUET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
20) What are the specializations offered in Periyar Maniammai University for M.Tech?
Various M.Tech branches offered by the Periyar Maniammai University are -
M.Tech – Master of Technology (2 Years)
- Automation and Controls
- CAD / CAM
- Computer and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Renewable Energy
- Software Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Wireless Communication Systems.
21) What is the fee structure for the M.tech programs at Periyar Maniammai University ?
Fee to be paid:- Rs-79,000 per annum.
22) Is the University NAAC accredited?
Periyar Maniammai University (PMU) is a deemed university in rural part of South India accredited by NAAC. The university headquarters is in the town of Vallam in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. The university was earlier called as "Periyar Maniammai college of Technology for Women". It is considered as World's first women engineering college. Former president of India his excellency Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has visited the university in various occasions.
23) What are the things I have to carry along with me?
1. A copy of your Identity card
2. In case of one student a copy of Bonafide certificate
3. A photo copy of the conformation letter.
24) What are the Norms and conditions for getting scholarship in Periyar Maniammai University ?
- Students are eligible to avail any one scholarship only.
- Students can apply for scholarship only after paying full fees (as on stipulated date).
- The number of beneficiary to avail scholarship is limited to only 5 % of sanctioned intake, on first come first served basis.
- First Graduate students and other students have to produce necessary documents in original as proof issued by the competent authorities.
- The final decision regarding the award of scholarship rests with Periyar Maniammai University, subject to the decision of the scholarship committee.
- The scholarship is applicable for only in I year (regular) / II year (lateral).
- Condition for renewal of scholarship in subsequent years, i.e. for II, III & IV years the candidates shall,
(i) Obtain ‘O’ grade in attendance in all subjects in all semesters.
(ii) Obtain either A or B grade in individual subjects of each semester.
25) What about Hostel accommodation in Periyar Maniammai University ?
There are four hostels - three of them Annai Nagammaiyar, Vittobai and Swarna Renganathan hostel are for women and they can accommodate around 2000 women students and the Chakravarthi hostel for men can accommodate 600 students. Hostels are located within the campus in clean and calm environment, conducive for living and learning.
26) What about Placement facilities in Periyar Maniammai University?
Periyar Maniammai University has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs. As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the University prior to their leaving the campus.
Students were placed in …
- Robert Bosch
- Dell India Ltd
- M/S Sathyam Compute and soon.
27) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.