Mar 01, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
Jul 03, 2016
How to Prepare for AMU EE 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AMU EE 2016 Important Instructions
AMU EE FAQ
1) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (AMU Bulletin)?
- Download Application Form from offical site.
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE).
- Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE).
2) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:Asstt. Controller, Admission Section,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
3) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the Amu website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
4) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form?
The candidate must have:
- Hard copy of the filled-in form.
- Fee receipt detail
- Auto generated ID and Password.
5) Is there any need to send the documents to the University address?
No,there not need to send the documents to the University address.
6) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the AMU online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of ‘AMU University’, payable at Aligarh for Indian candidates .
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, Asstt. Controller, Admission Section, Aligarh Muslim University,Aligarh, India,
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
7) What should I do if I do not receive the AMU admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet AMU Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
8) What is the eligibility criteria for AMU(M.Tech)?
B. Tech. or its equivalent examination in the relevant branch of study with not less than 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CPI/CGPA/NAG.
9) I am appearing final year B.Tech in CSE. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, you can.
10) I am a GATE qualifier? Can I get any advantage of it during the admission process?
Yes,you can get advantage of during the admission process.
11) What happens if one is selected and could not acquire 60% marks, or could not submit the provisional degree certificate by the end of Sept?
Since he/she would be given a provisional admission, the admission would stand cancelled and he/she shall be forfeiting the fee already paid.
12) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo AMU M.Tech?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for AMU admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
13) I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I eligible.
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria on website.
14) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
15) How are the marks awarded in AMU M.tech?
There is negative marking 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
16) For how long is the AMU M.Tech score valid?
The AMU M.Tech score is valid for just one year.
17) What are the M.tech Courses/specializations offered at AMU ?
AMU offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Petroleum Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering.
18) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
19) What should be the duration of study needed to get surely selected. Is self preparation enough or does one need extra classes, to clear the exam?
It is a common sight of many students joining coaching centers. More than the time spent in preparing, one has to put in quality effort to get sure shot success. At the same time, self preparation is much sufficient but that doesn't mean going to the extra classes is wrong. It is always good to attend coaching classes where the students are provided with materials, question papers, mock tests, etc. All these enhance the overall speed and helps in time management. For any entrance exam, steady preparation for a year along with sound classroom knowledge is more than sufficient to clear the exam.
20) What about Placement facilities in Aligarh Muslim University?
The AMU TPO (Training and Placement Office) undertakes and supervises AMU placements. Some of the companies that have visited in the past are Siemens India Limited, TCS, Accenture, L & T, Sterlite Industries, NEC, HCL, Erudite Engineer Pvt. Ltd., Computer Science Corporation, NDPL, TCL, Hughes Systiques India Pvt. Ltd., Boodai Trading Corporation, TCE, Volvo India, Alstom Project India Limited, Lurgi India Co. Pvt. Ltd., Secure Meters Ltd., Tractebel India Limited, Saipem Triune, Voltas Limited, Tega Industries Ltd., Sasken Communications, Adobe India Limited, DRDO, Tejas Networks Limited.
21) Whether the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is recognized by the NAAC and Government of India ?
In 2015, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council rated the school 3.35/A. The US News and World Report, in its education and advice, ranked the university 6th in India, 110th in Asia and 69th in mathematical subjects.
22) Are there any reservation of seats?
A few seats are reserved in a few courses for Cultural Scholarship holders, duly sponsored/nominated by the Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Higher Education)/Indian Council for Cultural Relations, New Delhi.
Limited seats are available in a few courses for Self-Financing Foreign Nationals and children of Non Resident Indians.
23) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
24) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
25) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Office of the Controller of Examinations,Administrative Block, AMU,Aligarh - 202002 (UP) - INDIA. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.